Options

why cant others around me hear the magic of pj?

2»

Comments

• Options
    simplemansimpleman Posts: 425
    I personally think the current lack of PJ interest is truly because of the music era that they w e r e in. Every era fizzles or dies out. I think that era died as soon as Kurt did. That being said, the core of us were pretty young then, and still wanting to here newer and different bands. Some of us stayed through it all, and some chalked it up as if it were the 80's. My favorite band in 1987 was by far, ah humm, Poison. I was transformed by PJ, and continue to listen out of love of their music, and respect for their longevity. Most music fans don't want their tastes to rely on ONE band, nor do I, but because of their unbelievable ability on a live stage, it is impossible to let them go. I have friends that understand me for this, and ones that think I'm stuck in 92'. I'm 32 and PJ's 17, to think of 15 years of fanhood, is just crazy. Outside of family and friends, I never loved anyone or anything longer than that..... Bottom line, I don't care what kind of music my friends listen to, or what they think about PJ, as long as there is a PJ.....
    Peace
    " Jump from a cliff to fly, not to fall..."
  • Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    cutback wrote:
    turn the volume up....WAY UP.....:D
    right...then put on SAVE YOU....if that doesnt' get them...fk em.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    callen wrote:
    right...then put on SAVE YOU....if that doesnt' get them...fk em.

and if they can't handle that.....BLOOOD!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    Niko80 wrote:
    Because then you can play pearl jam without them bitching, moaning and complaining:-)

Btw, Pearl Jam has many casual fans dude. Alot!
    Well maybe they do in your neck of the woods! but on the rare occasion i meet someone with a pj shirt on listening to them they have always been a really big fan. I think perhaps over here in N.Ireland most people unless they are fanatics don't know about pj at all!