Options

***Official GREECE Fans Thread***

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,913
    Mama mia man! :shock: Did you just post 1100 post's in less then 3 weeks? I remembered seeing that 10,000 thread like day's before Christmas. That has to be a record here! :shock:
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    Mama mia man! :shock: Did you just post 1100 post's in less then 3 weeks? I remembered seeing that 10,000 thread like day's before Christmas. That has to be a record here! :shock:

Wow I started posting about the time of dimitrispearljam's 10k post and I have a fraction of that 1100. I thought I was on here a lot! Sheesh!

PS Keeping with the theme of the thread, I love Greece and their wonderful people. Enjoy the Euro2010 tour buddy and have a blast my friend.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    demetrios wrote:

Wow I started posting about the time of dimitrispearljam's 10k post and I have a fraction of that 1100. I thought I was on here a lot! Sheesh!

PS Keeping with the theme of the thread, I love Greece and their wonderful people. Enjoy the Euro2010 tour buddy and have a blast my friend.
    3 reason for that!!
    1.saving money for 20 days europe tour in summer,so no out of the house alot
    2.i work 24-12 and since then im on vacation and go at 11-1 back to work
    3.im single :lol::lol:
    ,so alot of free time!!!
    and thanks for your good words about Greeks,i suppose u love Greek food too :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    :think: :wave: :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    8-)
  • Options
    hello Greek Freaks!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    im about to get on a greek salad for lunch.
  • Options

It better have Kalamata Olives. If not, just throw the salad back to the waiter. :twisted:
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

It better have Kalamata Olives. If not, just throw the salad back to the waiter. :twisted:
    + 1..Demetrios knows the best
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

+ 1..Demetrios knows the best

Hell yeah! 8-)
  • Options
    hellooooooo from Greece
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

True. They also must have at least 2 pepperocini peppers.
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:

True. They also must have at least 2 pepperocini peppers.

That'll be tough. Not many add that to a Greek Salad.
    I hate the dried up Feta many use to sprinkle on the salad.
    It need's the juice, smooth feel.
  • Options
    The juice is good, but the sauce is better.

What's going on in Greece? I just saw a story about people striking over pensions?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/02 ... tml?hpt=T2
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    UnthoughtKnown, since it is only you and two guys named Demetrios on this thread, I suggest you change your name to Davidrios.
  • Options
    I like your idea.
  • Options
    Welcome Davidtrios! 8-)
  • Options
    ans how are u today,Davidtrios??
  • Options
    I am doing well...I'm digging my new nickname. How are you dimitris?
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    I am doing well...I'm digging my new nickname. How are you dimitris?
    cool..all ok..like the nickname!! :D
  • Options
    8-)
  • Options
    How to be a cool Greek

1. Wear clothes of 2 colors, black and white.

2. Own a cell phone and use it in at inappropriate times- in church, restaurant, funeral, wedding etc.

3. Refer to anyone who's not Greek despairingly as "xeni" and pity them for not being as cultures and sophisticated as the Greeks.

4. Have predominantly Greek friends, with a few token "xeni" thrown in for diversity. talk greek when "xeni" are around.

5. Dress as though you are headed for a club when you're actually going to work or college.

6. If you are a Greek woman, stare menacingly at the other women around you, especially if there richer or more attractive than you.

7. If you are a Greek man, be sure not to bathe to achieve an "earthy" scent, then try to mask it with a lot of cologne; the combination drives the chicks wild.

8. Smoke as if is your last day on earth …and smoke only Marlboros.

9. Travel only in convoy's of 10 or more , and be as loud as possible at all times.

10. If you're single, go to all Greek socials, even if you're 45 years old.

11. If you're a single Greek and over 30, tell everyone you're in your 20's, even if you're pushing 50.

12. I you're a single Greek gut, tell women you're a "successful businessman" or that you "own a successful business back in Greece" even if you're an unemployed farmer boy.

13. Dirty dance to Greek folk music.

14. Wear only "designer" labels.

15. Make sure "designer" labels are extremely visible, preferably embroidered on the front of the apparel. Remember, the bigger the better!

16. If you are a Greek guy, walk 10 feet in front of your woman and call her only when you want sex, then go into a deep depression and lament "theft" of your woman when she dumps you for another guy.

17. If you're a Greek guy, be indifferent and rude to any woman you're interested in dating, especially if she's Greek.

18. If you're a Greek guy, date "xenes" that treat you badly but marry a Greek woman that can treat you even worse.

19. If you're a Greek woman, date "xeni" you can treat badly but marry a Greek guy that treats you badly.

20. Wear a leather jacket at all times… - weather is not an issue.

21. Tell "xeni" acquaintances that money is never an object, even if you only have a few silver coins to your name.

22. Guys: if you have hair, get it cut every week and use at least 3 different styling products; if you're bald, develop a big ego to mask your insecurity. (particularly applicable to short men).

23. Make sure you install every possible option in your car, even if it is a Uno.

24. Own a sports car, even if its junk.

25. Claim to be a devout Orthodox Christian but know nothing about the religion other than the date of your name day.

26. Use church as social ground to meet potential dates.

27. If you are a Greek woman, dye your hair an obvious fake shade of blonde that is nonexistent in nature and swear that it's natural.

28. If you are a South African Greek, act like your father was royalty back in Greece but fell into hard times after the 1973 coup.

29. Pump Greek music at all times - the louder the better.
  • Options
    AELARAAELARA Posts: 803
    Davidtrios wrote:
    How to be a cool Greek

2. Own a cell phone and use it in at inappropriate times- in church, restaurant, funeral, wedding etc.

3. Refer to anyone who's not Greek despairingly as "xeni" and pity them for not being as cultures and sophisticated as the Greeks.

4. Have predominantly Greek friends, with a few token "xeni" thrown in for diversity. talk greek when "xeni" are around.

5. Dress as though you are headed for a club when you're actually going to work or college.

6. If you are a Greek woman, stare menacingly at the other women around you, especially if there richer or more attractive than you.

7. If you are a Greek man, be sure not to bathe to achieve an "earthy" scent, then try to mask it with a lot of cologne; the combination drives the chicks wild.

9. Travel only in convoy's of 10 or more , and be as loud as possible at all times.

11. If you're a single Greek and over 30, tell everyone you're in your 20's, even if you're pushing 50.

12. I you're a single Greek gut, tell women you're a "successful businessman" or that you "own a successful business back in Greece" even if you're an unemployed farmer boy.

15. Make sure "designer" labels are extremely visible, preferably embroidered on the front of the apparel. Remember, the bigger the better!

16. If you are a Greek guy, walk 10 feet in front of your woman and call her only when you want sex, then go into a deep depression and lament "theft" of your woman when she dumps you for another guy.

17. If you're a Greek guy, be indifferent and rude to any woman you're interested in dating, especially if she's Greek.

18. If you're a Greek guy, date "xenes" that treat you badly but marry a Greek woman that can treat you even worse.

19. If you're a Greek woman, date "xeni" you can treat badly but marry a Greek guy that treats you badly.

21. Tell "xeni" acquaintances that money is never an object, even if you only have a few silver coins to your name.

22. Guys: if you have hair, get it cut every week and use at least 3 different styling products; if you're bald, develop a big ego to mask your insecurity. (particularly applicable to short men).

23. Make sure you install every possible option in your car, even if it is a Uno.

25. Claim to be a devout Orthodox Christian but know nothing about the religion other than the date of your name day.

27. If you are a Greek woman, dye your hair an obvious fake shade of blonde that is nonexistent in nature and swear that it's natural.

28. If you are a South African Greek, act like your father was royalty back in Greece but fell into hard times after the 1973 coup.

Ha Ha Ha!!! :lol::lol::lol: Right!!!
    I am mine!
  • Options
    Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    representing Kephallonia and NYC!
  • Options
    MVB2101 wrote:
    representing Kephallonia and NYC!
    Hi from Volo to Kefallonia!!!one of the most beautiful islands !!!i wish i could be in Fiscardo every day!!!!
    fiskardo.jpg
  • Options
    Davidtrios wrote:
    How to be a cool Greek

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    8-)
  • Options
    Greece is in debt, but it's okay because that's why God created Ouzo.

;)
  • Options
    AELARAAELARA Posts: 803
    Davidtrios wrote:

;)

There will always be ouzo....
    I am mine!
  • Options
    AELARA wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:

;)

There will always be ouzo....
    or better TSIPOURO.... ;)