Options

***Official GREECE Fans Thread***

Comments

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,776
    I am not a true Greek, but....

1) My Godmother is Greek
    2) She is a yaya (I know my spelling is off.)
    3) Her mother is a PROYA! ... which means BOOBOOKA!
    4) The Godmother's daughters have Greek names ... The Boobooka, I'm not sure about. I keep forgetting her name, but I am sure it is GREEK!
    5) I vote at the neighborhood Greek Orthodox Church.
    6) I have attended services at the Greek Orthodox Church, including the Easter Vigil (I think), where we all walk around the outside of the building, then proceed under the monument thingy....

(I know I did it, I just don't remember the names)

7) I told the above story to a person when I was voting and they gave me a huge tray of Greek desserts for a low price. My response was... OPA! :D

And actually, the proya visited during our Greek Festival (food, dancing, greek music, wine, lamb roast, etc.). She and the priest kept talking for the longest time... the conversation basically went like this:

Priest: "Where'd you come from?"
    Proya: "I'm from Cleveland"
    Priest: "Oh really? The priest there...his name is____"
    Proya: "Absolutely. He's very wonderful!"
    Priest: "Do you know the priest in Chicago?"
    Proya: "YES! HE IS THE MOST WONDERFUL PERSON!"

My godmother and "yaya" as we call her mother, saw "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" in a Cleveland movie theater. Because they knew how the joke would end, they started laughing during the setup of the joke. They kept laughing throughout so much of the entire movie, they had to watch it again because they missed out on so much of the movie.

I am not a "true" Greek, but in the spirit of Greece, I am close. OPA PEARL JAM!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458

1) My Godmother is Greek
    4) The Godmother's daughters have Greek names ... The Boobooka, I'm not sure about. I keep forgetting her name, but I am sure it is GREEK!
    6) I have attended services at the Greek Orthodox Church, including the Easter Vigil (I think), where we all walk around the outside of the building, then proceed under the monument thingy....

7) I told the above story to a person when I was voting and they gave me a huge tray of Greek desserts for a low price. My response was... OPA! :D

And actually, the proya visited during our Greek Festival (food, dancing, greek music, wine, lamb roast, etc.). She and the priest kept talking for the longest time... the conversation basically went like this:

My godmother and "yaya" as we call her mother, saw "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" in a Cleveland movie theater. Because they knew how the joke would end, they started laughing during the setup of the joke. They kept laughing throughout so much of the entire movie, they had to watch it again because they missed out on so much of the movie.

I am not a "true" Greek, but in the spirit of Greece, I am close. OPA PEARL JAM!
    :thumbup: :wave: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Wma31394 wrote:
    Eddie will play........drum roll please....

The Odeon of Herodes Atticus!!
    :D:D:D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Wma31394 wrote:

Would be unreal...the plaka would be on fire!!! :lol::lol:
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Wma31394 wrote:
    Wma31394 wrote:

Would be unreal...the plaka would be on fire!!! :lol::lol:
    will be fuckin awesome at plaka!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,776
    Whatcha say, whatcha say, whatcha say when you see Pearl Jam?
    Whatcha say but OPA!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Whatcha say but OPA!
    Whatcha or Bougatca? :lol:
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    Whatcha say but OPA!
    Mia glykia na anoiksei to mati proi proi... :D
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    deftones wrote:
    Whatcha say but OPA!
    Mia glykia na anoiksei to mati proi proi... :D
    true story.. :D
  • Options
    AELARAAELARA Posts: 803

1) My Godmother is Greek

:D
    I am mine!
  • Options
    AELARA wrote:
    [
    Chryssa ,any show for you this year?
  • Options
  • Options
    AELARA wrote:
    [

PJ show? Noo. Unfortunately. :( :cry:
    Up to now, only RHCP show in September.
    I am mine!
  • Options
    AELARA wrote:
    AELARA wrote:
    [

see you there then.. :)
  • Options

Yey! ;) I'll be in Pitch Front of Stage area!
    I am mine!
  • Options
    AELARA wrote:

Yey! ;) I'll be in Pitch Front of Stage area!
    ou lala...
  • Options
    Re file Dimitri xthes to vrady evlepa ston ypno mou oti eimastan emeis oi 2 parea me alla paidia tou club se kapoio party kai piname mpyres...kai to proi xypnhsa kai nomiza oti exo xypnhsei sto xenodoxeio thn hmera ths synavlias :D Den yparxei theiko htan!!! Ante den pernaei o kairos gia ton iounio reeeeeeee :D
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036

I'm a fan of Greece! :D
    MLMF Det
  • Options

:wave:
  • Options
    deftones wrote:

:D :wave:
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    deftones wrote:

:D :wave:
    Detroit Pistons? :D
  • Options
    Yep. The Pistons are here! We're not really talking about them right now though...hahaha
    We are also the home of the Lions, Tigers, and Red Wings! :D
    MLMF Det
  • Options
    deftones wrote:
    Re file Dimitri xthes to vrady evlepa ston ypno mou oti eimastan emeis oi 2 parea me alla paidia tou club se kapoio party kai piname mpyres...kai to proi xypnhsa kai nomiza oti exo xypnhsei sto xenodoxeio thn hmera ths synavlias :D Den yparxei theiko htan!!! Ante den pernaei o kairos gia ton iounio reeeeeeee :D
    :lol::lol: trela leme!!
  • Options
    deftones wrote:
    Xoris plaka :D
  • Options
    LostRebelLostRebel Athens, Greece Posts: 254
    deftones wrote:
    deftones wrote:

Patrida, to xeirotero 8a itan na ksypnages kai me hangover apo to alkool!!! :)
  • Options
    LostRebel wrote:
    deftones wrote:
    [ :lol::lol: trela leme!!

Patrida, to xeirotero 8a itan na ksypnages kai me hangover apo to alkool!!! :)
    tsipoura panoramatos!!!
  • Options
    Trigona panoramatos mipos kalytera?
  • Options
    deftones wrote:
    eipame na methisoume,oxi na kavlosoume... :lol:
  • Options
    deftones wrote:
    eipame na methisoume,oxi na kavlosoume... :lol:
    Too drunk to fuck?
    Na sou steilo ena kouti trigona Ellenidi san efxaristo gia thn afisa h na fero na ta fame sto tour?
  • Options
    Proinos gia douleia h vradinos kai eisai xypnios tetoia ora? Ego pao gia douleia :evil: