Nashville Tuning on an Acoustic Guitar

benjsbenjs Posts: 9,102
edited September 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hey everyone,
I've been inspired by Eddie's tour to restring one of my Seagull acoustic guitars to Nashville Tuning. Should I be worried about the difference in neck tension or what not? Thanks!
'05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• just make sure to get the right gauge of strings. If you aren't careful they will break relatively easy. Also, eddie's isn't just nashville tuning, it's nashville tuning up a few steps. So it's like nashville tuning with a capo on the 3rd fret. Once you get it down though it sounds beautiful! Sorry if this is waaaaaaaaaay too late!
  • acutejamacutejam Posts: 1,433
    Isn't there one more component to consider? Doesn't "Nashville Tuning" pertain to parlor guitars? Suppose nothing wrong with stringing one up on a full-scale guitar -- but I thought the Nashville was pretty much meant for Terz Guitars, smaller scale guitars?

Pretty sure it's his small parlor guitar Ed does that to at least.
    [sic] happens
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    acutejam wrote:
    Isn't there one more component to consider? Doesn't "Nashville Tuning" pertain to parlor guitars? Suppose nothing wrong with stringing one up on a full-scale guitar -- but I thought the Nashville was pretty much meant for Terz Guitars, smaller scale guitars?

Pretty sure it's his small parlor guitar Ed does that to at least.

I think you can use any guitar.

David Gilmour used his #1 Martin for Wish You Were Here(song).