Options

Poster tips?

Vedder316Vedder316 Posts: 205
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Heading up to NYC for both shows. I would really like to get a concert poster any tips on ensuring I get one? Can't see paying the money they cost on eBay. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.
Many many wonderful shows, since day one.
Love ya Punkinfur
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjtradekingpjtradeking Posts: 4,045
    Vedder316 wrote:
    Heading up to NYC for both shows. I would really like to get a concert poster any tips on ensuring I get one? Can't see paying the money they cost on eBay. Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated.

Be early....be fast...make friends....have cash!! ;)
    Never, ever, flipping forget
    "Free Shipping" SPEEDY MCCREADY

My friend was going to see Eddie last night. Since he was in Vegas, I gave him 5 Grand to gamble with. I told him I wanted it all to go on Black. Bastard! PhillyCrownOfThorns-11-2-12
  • Options
    Any word on how much they cost? If i am early enough will any vendor inside have them? I see they only sell 500 of them, any truth to this?
    Love ya Punkinfur
  • Options
    stylo17stylo17 Posts: 1,001
    Vedder316 wrote:
    Any word on how much they cost? If i am early enough will any vendor inside have them? I see they only sell 500 of them, any truth to this?

at WPB and in the past, posters have been selling for $25.

i recommend you get there EARLY, get your tickets, and WAIT by the entrance even if you're 3 hours early.

I did that at WPB and had NO problem getting a poster and a shirt.

take my advice, especially to the concert you're going to.
    6/11/08 WPB

♬♪♫ and I will not, grow tired of crayon stars and fire

♬♪♫ cause a soldier's death is so much better than defeat just hanging around
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,940
    stylo17 wrote:
    at WPB and in the past, posters have been selling for $25.

i recommend you get there EARLY, get your tickets, and WAIT by the entrance even if you're 3 hours early.

I did that at WPB and had NO problem getting a poster and a shirt.

take my advice, especially to the concert you're going to.

3 hours of my time that could be spent at a bar with 100 other pearl jam fans getting ready for the show, is not worth getting a 25$ poster. i would ebay it for sure, if those are the lengths you are going to.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    MudfestMudfest Posts: 1,015
    3 hours of my time that could be spent at a bar with 100 other pearl jam fans getting ready for the show, is not worth getting a 25$ poster. i would ebay it for sure, if those are the lengths you are going to.

Agreed !!!!!!

Especially if you are not from NYC....

HMMMM....Wait in line ... or go check out NYC ...

10C will have them all anyways .....

Peace

Muddy
    ===
    "OH Canada...You are so Beautiful when you are Drunk." Eddie
    1993-08-14 Gimli Mb Motorsport Park
    03-05-30 Vanc;05-09-08 Wpg
    05-09-07 Sask Sk;05-09-04 Calg
    05-09-05 Edm Alb;05-09-02 Vanc
    06-07-02/ 03 Denver 1 + 2;06-10-21/22 Bridge 1 +2
    4/3 + 4/2/08 Vanc Vedder ; 6/24+25 MSG /Toronto 09/buffalo 10/EV Chic 1-2
  • Options
    SpreadtheJAMSpreadtheJAM Posts: 344

Good man!
    BORGATA>VIC
  • Options

word. even expressobeans is a better option, with the NYC poster there will tons of people on there who have them for trade/sale if you dont get one at the show.

or buy them the next day from big pop or a few months later form 10c
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    So the ten club will sell the Ames Bros ones after a while? Real or replica it doesn't matter to me. Thanks for the input.
    Love ya Punkinfur
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    its been said b4..get there early, buy your wristband for 25 bucks and get your poster after the show as you leave
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Im a poster collector, however I am NOT going into the venue 3 hours early to get a friggin poster. I gert mine on my own time, and always works out. You always take the chance of missing out on a klausen dc, but how often does that happen? once a tour?
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly