Options

F'IN 'GOT SOME'

SpinningBombsSpinningBombs Posts: 270
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Man, I just felt compelled to start a thread about how f*ckin' tight this song is. It looks like it will most likely be track 2 on Backspacer, therefore joining the likes of Even Flow, Animal, Spin the Black Circle, Hail, Hail, Faithfull, God's Dice, Save You, and World Wide Suicide.

Overall, people might be expressing some worry about a 39 minute long album, but all that means is that the songs have been trimmed of excess- if 'Got Some' is any indication of how this album will sound- then color me extremely f*cking excited. I really love the way the song kicks back in towards the end...so good. I love this band.

(Disclaimer: Please post, but only if you're going to remain positive or constructive)
"P-E-A-R-L J-A-M is priceless to me."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    agreed.... the album will rock. regardless of length.... now we just need a release date!!!

i am also getting really pumped for august to roll around.... i am going to United Center Night 1 and i am stoked!!!!!
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,882
    The song ist absolutely great....and the album will be fantastic!!!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    BH71937 wrote:
    agreed.... the album will rock. regardless of length.... now we just need a release date!!!

i am also getting really pumped for august to roll around.... i am going to United Center Night 1 and i am stoked!!!!!

Release date is Sept.22
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    PJMosquito wrote:
    Man, I just felt compelled to start a thread about how f*ckin' tight this song is. It looks like it will most likely be track 2 on Backspacer, therefore joining the likes of Even Flow, Animal, Spin the Black Circle, Hail, Hail, Faithfull, God's Dice, Save You, and World Wide Suicide.

Overall, people might be expressing some worry about a 39 minute long album, but all that means is that the songs have been trimmed of excess- if 'Got Some' is any indication of how this album will sound- then color me extremely f*cking excited. I really love the way the song kicks back in towards the end...so good. I love this band.

(Disclaimer: Please post, but only if you're going to remain positive or constructive)

how do u kno its a 39min album b4 its been released?
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    PJMosquito wrote:

It's been made available in a german magazine that the album is 39 minutes long.
  • Options
    irishwpoirishwpo Posts: 8
    I wasn't that sure about it the first night I watched it. I have since watched it 50+ times on the DVR. I love it!

Mike's guitar sounds like a siren from another planet.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,354
    the album will rock our brains out...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    Agreed.... There is so much going on in this song - vocal melody, guitar melody, the timing - that it feels like you're in a boxing match against Mike Tyson.
  • Options
    Agreed.... There is so much going on in this song - vocal melody, guitar melody, the timing - that it feels like you're in a boxing match against Mike Tyson.

:lol: well said!
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    it feels like you're in a boxing match against Mike Tyson.

I can confirm that this is true because I was listening to Got Some the other day and it bit my ear off! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    sheep here now

me sheep

their shit doesn't even stick. i swear.
  • Options
    it feels like you're in a boxing match against Mike Tyson.

I can confirm that this is true because I was listening to Got Some the other day and it bit my ear off! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    emptyglass wrote:
    sheep here now

me sheep

Jesus!!!
    Now that's just preverted.

Take your goddamn twisted and disgusting sheep fetish somewhere else..

This is not the place for this kind of sick talk.
  • Options
    The RockThe Rock Posts: 1,394
    The sound setup on Conan's stage pretty much sucks seeing as every band that has performed on there since he started has sounded awful.

I'm confident that a studio version of Got Some will be out of this world. I love it. And Stone clearly loves it.
    2006: London Astoria, Lisbon I & II, Paris, Verona, Milano
    2007: Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009: Manchester
    2010: Belfast, Berlin
    2012: Manchester I & II
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2018: Amsterdam I, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, London
    2022: Berlin, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam II
  • Options
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    emptyglass wrote:
    sheep here now

me sheep

Jesus!!!

lmao

baaaaaaaaaaaa

i'm a good sheep. tho i'm not really that smart and um i madly love PJ BLINDLY LMFAO

Definition of sheep
    noun
    1. someone who follows trends, trying to always do what's "in" or popular. Origin: sheep aren't viewed as very intelligent, the term conjures up images of the animals just following one another, going wherever they're herded.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    emptyglass wrote:
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    emptyglass wrote:
    sheep here now

me sheep

Jesus!!!

lmao

baaaaaaaaaaaa

i'm a good sheep. tho i'm not really that smart and um i madly love PJ BLINDLY LMFAO

Definition of sheep
    noun
    1. someone who follows trends, trying to always do what's "in" or popular. Origin: sheep aren't viewed as very intelligent, the term conjures up images of the animals just following one another, going wherever they're herded.

This is so funny about this board. When you like a song and express this, you're immediatly a "sheep", a "follower", a "mindless piece" of whatever. When you're "critical" than you have "every right to express your opinion".

So hypocritical.

Because you like a song, doesn't mean you don't have an individual mind and/or opinion. You just like the song... That's it.
    Post edited by fortyshades on
  • Options

Jesus!!!

This is not the place for this kind of sick talk.[/quote]

lmao

baaaaaaaaaaaa

Definition of sheep
    noun
    1. someone who follows trends, trying to always do what's "in" or popular. Origin: sheep aren't viewed as very intelligent, the term conjures up images of the animals just following one another, going wherever they're herded.[/quote]

This is so funny about this board. When you like a song and express this, you're immediatly a "sheep", a "follower", a "mindless piece" of whatever. When you're "critical" than you have "every right to express your opinion".

So hypocritical.

Because you like a song, doesn't mean you don't have an individual mind an/or opinion. You just like the song... That's it.[/quote]

ha ha SHEEEEP are here

i f'n knew it ;)
  • Options
    If being a "sheep" means that I like Pearl Jam's music, and that I express that on Pearl Jam's official message board- then yes, I am absolutely a "sheep." Count me in.
  • Options
    PJMosquito wrote:
    If being a "sheep" means that I like Pearl Jam's music, and that I express that on Pearl Jam's official message board- then yes, I am absolutely a "sheep." Count me in.

I'm rather an evil little goat...
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    I ate lamb last night...
    So if you are what you eat...
    I suppose I'm a sheep.

:D:);) :( :o
    :shock: :? 8-):lol: :x
    :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted:
    :roll: :|:mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:
  • Options
    Purex37Purex37 Chicago Posts: 167
    PJMosquito wrote:

I don't have a problem with 39 minutes. It looks like this album doesn't have any studio experiment type songs. I love Vitalogy (stupid mop and all) but if you trimmed the fat it would probably be close to the same length as Backspacer. I'm referring to the 4 tracks that can't really be played live, although I would shit my pants with excitement if they ever broke out Bugs in concert!

Who wouldn't be happy if Backspacer was as good as this?
    1. Last Exit
    2. Spin the Black Circle
    3. Not for You
    4. Tremor Christ
    5. Nothingman
    6. Whipping
    7. Corduroy
    8. Satan's Bed
    9. Better Man
    10. Immortality
    Why go, Animal?
    Foxy Mop in my tree, no way. 
    Gods' Dice Get Right
    Come back amongst the waves yellow moon.
    https://www.instagram.com/knowcode/

• Options
    PJMosquito wrote:

ha ha yor sheep

baaaaaa
  • Options
    Purex37 wrote:
    PJMosquito wrote:

I don't have a problem with 39 minutes. It looks like this album doesn't have any studio experiment type songs. I love Vitalogy (stupid mop and all) but if you trimmed the fat it would probably be close to the same length as Backspacer. I'm referring to the 4 tracks that can't really be played live, although I would shit my pants with excitement if they ever broke out Bugs in concert!

Who wouldn't be happy if Backspacer was as good as this?
    1. Last Exit
    2. Spin the Black Circle
    3. Not for You
    4. Tremor Christ
    5. Nothingman
    6. Whipping
    7. Corduroy
    8. Satan's Bed
    9. Better Man
    10. Immortality

Hey Purex37; I think you misplaced this in the wrong thread.
  • Options
    I ate lamb last night...
    I suppose I'm a sheep.

duder neerly 2000 posts and you are "wondering if u r sheep"

HA HA

guess what!
  • Options
    emptyglass wrote:
    PJMosquito wrote:

ha ha yor sheep

baaaaaa

This is so mindless insulting. I truly think some people are bored.

Let's not get hijacked by this BS.

Back to the topic:

What I like about Got Some is the energy in the song. I already thought ST was tight, but this song is much tighter. Really looking forward to the album.
  • Options
    emptyglass wrote:
    I ate lamb last night...
    I suppose I'm a sheep.

duder neerly 2000 posts and you are "wondering if u r sheep"

HA HA

guess what!

Well at least he can spell...
  • Options
    Purex37Purex37 Chicago Posts: 167

Sorry, boss. I know it was a bit of tangent...

So are we only talking about sheep in this thread? :)
    Why go, Animal?
    Foxy Mop in my tree, no way. 
    Gods' Dice Get Right
    Come back amongst the waves yellow moon.
    https://www.instagram.com/knowcode/

• Options
    Purex37 wrote:

Sorry, boss. I know it was a bit of tangent...

So are we only talking about sheep in this thread? :)

It seems... It started out with Got Some, but ended somewhere in rolling green hills with fresh blades of grass...
  • Options
    Purex37- I followed your tangent, and I had been thinking about Vitalogy...how long is it without the more abstract tracks?

What I like about Got Some is the energy in the song. I already thought ST was tight, but this song is much tighter. Really looking forward to the album.

I 100% agree here. S/T was pretty tight- however 'Got Some' is so incredibly sleek. I can't wait to hear a studio version.
  • Options
    PJMosquito wrote:
    Purex37- I followed your tangent, and I had been thinking about Vitalogy...how long is it without the more abstract tracks?

I 100% agree here. S/T was pretty tight- however 'Got Some' is so incredibly sleek. I can't wait to hear a studio version.

Hey Purex37, I just now made the connection. (I reread your post.) I'm a bit slow tonight. And I completly agree. Personally I like the abstract songs and their experimental stuff. Stupidmob is eerie. But without that, Vitalogy is one tight album...

Love to see Bugs live too.