Options

Pearl Jam Vinyl...

2»

Comments

• Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    jwillmo wrote:
    I'm so glad I got into vinyl in the 90s, I love going onto ebay and seeing how much I could get if I ever decided to part with some of em. I am constantly amazed at how PJ isn't the only band with insane and rich fans. The last one that blew my mind was seeing that DMB's Before These Crowded Streets goes for $350 (and not that buy-now, seller-set shit, that what the bids are). I bought it for like $15 when it came out. Most of my expensive vinyl is from 90s bands who released vinyl in the CD era. I own all of PJ's vinyl, all bought from a regular old record store for face value. It's good to know that if I lose my job, my record collection could keep me afloat (though I hope it never comes to that).

I do get sick of how EVERYONE I know keep telling me to sell them. I didn't buy em to flip em, dammit! I actually listen to them.

Aenima was easily my hardest to come by, more recently. And there seems to be quite a few pressed. Cost me around $200
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    jwillmo wrote:
    I'm so glad I got into vinyl in the 90s, I love going onto ebay and seeing how much I could get if I ever decided to part with some of em. I am constantly amazed at how PJ isn't the only band with insane and rich fans. The last one that blew my mind was seeing that DMB's Before These Crowded Streets goes for $350 (and not that buy-now, seller-set shit, that what the bids are). I bought it for like $15 when it came out. Most of my expensive vinyl is from 90s bands who released vinyl in the CD era. I own all of PJ's vinyl, all bought from a regular old record store for face value. It's good to know that if I lose my job, my record collection could keep me afloat (though I hope it never comes to that).

I do get sick of how EVERYONE I know keep telling me to sell them. I didn't buy em to flip em, dammit! I actually listen to them.

Aenima was easily my hardest to come by, more recently. And there seems to be quite a few pressed. Cost me around $200

worth every penny, TOOL is awesome.... :)
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    I paid the following:

Ten - Original Pressing - Sealed - $30
    Ten - Rerelease - Sealed - $19
    Vitalogy - Used - $15
    No Code - Used - $40
    Yield - Used - $20
    Lost Dogs - Sealed - $25
    Riot Act - Sealed - $20

Avocado was a gift. Vs. and Binaural will be purchased when they are re-released, much like all the others. Riot Act and the original pressing of Ten were bought at the FYE inside the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Museum. They get a lot of play but I hope they have BOB remix all the albums. Ten sounds fucking fantastic!
    Chicago 8-23-09

• Options
    I paid the following:

Ten - Original Pressing - Sealed - $30
    Ten - Rerelease - Sealed - $19
    Vitalogy - Used - $15
    No Code - Used - $40
    Yield - Used - $20
    Lost Dogs - Sealed - $25
    Riot Act - Sealed - $20

Avocado was a gift. Vs. and Binaural will be purchased when they are re-released, much like all the others. Riot Act and the original pressing of Ten were bought at the FYE inside the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Museum. They get a lot of play but I hope they have BOB remix all the albums. Ten sounds fucking fantastic!

They are NOT goin to remix all of their albums. They'll be remastered.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Nothing wrong with buying them open if you plan on playin' 'em :)

There's also nothing wrong with buying them sealed and ripping them open and enjoying them like I did.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    DewieCox wrote:
    jwillmo wrote:

I saw a sealed new copy last week in a record store for like $25. I'm assuming it's been repressed.
    Otherwise, I'm going back right now.
  • Options
    Deebs41 wrote:
    DewieCox wrote:
    jwillmo wrote:

I saw a sealed new copy last week in a record store for like $25. I'm assuming it's been repressed.
    Otherwise, I'm going back right now.

Go get it. The seller's a sucker.
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    why the dont sale more vinyl albumm here in 10c?is too crazy the prices in ebay...cant they understand that we the fans have to pay thisn money,,put them here for sale,,we all have one copy,an dthe prices in ebay for exable will be down,,

Because vinyl is not pressed like it was up until the 1980's. All vinyl, not just Pearl Jam records are now pressed in WAY smaller amounts, 10 Club or Pearl Jam isn't just going to press more vinyl because people didn't buy them when they came out. I always tell people, if you like vinyl and a band you like releases a new album on vinyl, buy it right away don't wait.

Here's what I paid for my PJ vinyl.

Ten, $12.00 each, bought 2 British imports when it first came out. (1991 or 1992)
    Vs, $14.00 each, bought 2 British imports when it first came out.
    Vitalogy, $10.00 or $12.00 when it first came out.
    Yield, I actually paid $9.99 on sale when it came out.
    No Code, I paid $20.00 for it at the Austin record convention in 2003. Only had the CD before.
    Binaural, Was a gift, my friend gave it to me when I was at his house before the 2003 ACL Festival
    Riot Act, I bought on the Pearl Jam website when it first came out, $20.00 or $25.00 can't remember.
    Avocado (Self Titled) I bought on the Pearl Jam website when it first came out, $20.00 or $25.00 can't remember.

I also have several EP/singles from the first 2 Lp's on vinyl The Daughter one has a great poster. I am planning on just buying the new album on vinyl when it comes out at Waterloo Records here in Austin, then I don't have to wait for it to be shipped and I ALREADY know what's going to happen on the Pearl Jam website. It will sell out REAL fast as a bunch of A-holes are going to buy up all the copies real fast to try and make money and artificially raise its value, I'm sure there will be a copy of two available for me at Waterloo.
    [img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    edited June 2009
    jwillmo wrote:
    The last one that blew my mind was seeing that DMB's Before These Crowded Streets goes for $350 (and not that buy-now, seller-set shit, that what the bids are). I bought it for like $15 when it came out.

Like you, I'm glad I bought several records in the late 90's/early 00's (I'm looking at you, Binaural), but I'll always regret not getting that album. I held it in my hands numerous times, debating over and over about it, but eventually putting it back figuring I'd get it later while buying something else instead. Then one day it was gone, and they never got another. It's my favorite Dave Matthews album to date, and I really wish I wouldn't have procrastinated. :|
    Post edited by AndySlash on
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    Cob wrote:
    why the dont sale more vinyl albumm here in 10c?is too crazy the prices in ebay...cant they understand that we the fans have to pay thisn money,,put them here for sale,,we all have one copy,an dthe prices in ebay for exable will be down,,

Because vinyl is not pressed like it was up until the 1980's. All vinyl, not just Pearl Jam records are now pressed in WAY smaller amounts, 10 Club or Pearl Jam isn't just going to press more vinyl because people didn't buy them when they came out. I always tell people, if you like vinyl and a band you like releases a new album on vinyl, buy it right away don't wait.

Here's what I paid for my PJ vinyl.

Ten, $12.00 each, bought 2 British imports when it first came out. (1991 or 1992)
    Vs, $14.00 each, bought 2 British imports when it first came out.
    Vitalogy, $10.00 or $12.00 when it first came out.
    Yield, I actually paid $9.99 on sale when it came out.
    No Code, I paid $20.00 for it at the Austin record convention in 2003. Only had the CD before.
    Binaural, Was a gift, my friend gave it to me when I was at his house before the 2003 ACL Festival
    Riot Act, I bought on the Pearl Jam website when it first came out, $20.00 or $25.00 can't remember.
    Avocado (Self Titled) I bought on the Pearl Jam website when it first came out, $20.00 or $25.00 can't remember.

I also have several EP/singles from the first 2 Lp's on vinyl The Daughter one has a great poster. I am planning on just buying the new album on vinyl when it comes out at Waterloo Records here in Austin, then I don't have to wait for it to be shipped and I ALREADY know what's going to happen on the Pearl Jam website. It will sell out REAL fast as a bunch of A-holes are going to buy up all the copies real fast to try and make money and artificially raise its value, I'm sure there will be a copy of two available for me at Waterloo.
    Ah, Waterloo Records. The very same record store I was talking of where I bought most of my vinyl. I believe that's where I found that Daughter 12" used for like $5.
  • Options
    jwillmojwillmo Posts: 470
    AndySlash wrote:
    jwillmo wrote:
    The last one that blew my mind was seeing that DMB's Before These Crowded Streets goes for $350 (and not that buy-now, seller-set shit, that what the bids are). I bought it for like $15 when it came out.

Like you, I'm glad I bought several records in the late 90's/early 00's (I'm looking at you, Binaural), but I'll always regret not getting that album. I held it in my hands numerous times, debating over and over about it, but eventually putting it back figuring I'd get it later while buying something else instead. Then one day it was gone, and they never got another. It's my favorite Dave Matthews album to date, and I really wish I wouldn't have procrastinated. :|
    Not to rub it in, but Don't Drink the Water sounds pretty damned awesome on vinyl. That alone probably kicks it into the triple digits. I couldn't see myself paying 350 for it though, good God.
  • Options
    well, it may just be your system. from what I understand, BTCS was mastered from the digital source, so it's not like the actual SQ is going to be improved between listening through a CD player and record player hooked up to the same equipment.

I just want to be able to spin the fucker, is all. One of my biggest music purchasing regrets.
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144

I have thought many times about how hilarious it would be if one day they dropped an additional pressing of ITW or Benny and completely whiped out the secondary market. (sort of like they did with the S. American klausen poster recently....so glad i didn't buy one on eBay)....

In a way the ITW vinyl is sort of my holy grail...but not sure if I'll ever own one.
  • Options
    Ok wrote:
    I have thought many times about how hilarious it would be if one day they dropped an additional pressing of ITW or Benny and completely whiped out the secondary market.

I really wish they would. And I have both of the ones you mentioned. In addition to the fact that I think everyone who wants one should be able to get one at reasonable prices (something not at all possible in the cases of Benaroya and ITW), I'm tired of seeing every other thread here with titles "itw vinyl" or "vinyl for sale/trade" with all these hard to find records being used as selling points for trade or $$$. shit was meant to be listened to, not used for hoarding and bartering. I don't fault the people who do this, however- the way the distribution is encourages such actions. But it's long proven that the interest is there, and people are willing to pay, so why not repress these records sooner than later? The studio catalog may be getting the treatment, which is a good thing, but it seems the Benaroyas and ITWs of the PJ world have no such hope.
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:

I really wish they would. And I have both of the ones you mentioned. In addition to the fact that I think everyone who wants one should be able to get one at reasonable prices (something not at all possible in the cases of Benaroya and ITW), I'm tired of seeing every other thread here with titles "itw vinyl" or "vinyl for sale/trade" with all these hard to find records being used as selling points for trade or $$$. shit was meant to be listened to, not used for hoarding and bartering. I don't fault the people who do this, however- the way the distribution is encourages such actions. But it's long proven that the interest is there, and people are willing to pay, so why not repress these records sooner than later? The studio catalog may be getting the treatment, which is a good thing, but it seems the Benaroyas and ITWs of the PJ world have no such hope.

They are repressed. Am I missing something here or isn't that what the problem is?
  • Options
    McCready00McCready00 Posts: 371
    Found Temple Of The Dog LP for 15$ last years !
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • Options
    Deebs41 wrote:
    AndySlash wrote:

They are repressed. Am I missing something here or isn't that what the problem is?

lol

repress as in remanufacture the LPs, not repress as in hold them back. :lol:
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    AndySlash wrote:
    Ok wrote:
    I have thought many times about how hilarious it would be if one day they dropped an additional pressing of ITW or Benny and completely whiped out the secondary market.

Totally agree!
  • Options
    McCready00McCready00 Posts: 371
    Ok wrote:
    AndySlash wrote:
    Ok wrote:

Totally agree!

Yea specially since I had got mine, and few days later they wrote me back saying the albums were sold out.
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • Options
    OceanStoneOceanStone Posts: 333
    AndySlash wrote:
    Ok wrote:

Totally agree, I'm a pretty new fan and found out my wallet never has enough $ for ITW not even mention Benaroya.
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:
    Deebs41 wrote:
    AndySlash wrote:

lol

repress as in remanufacture the LPs, not repress as in hold them back. :lol:

I keed. I keed.
    I know I haven't been around very long, but the vast majority of my input is far from serious.
    :mrgreen: