Options

Nashville Wallet - EV autograph?

apsuhead42apsuhead42 Clarksville, TN Posts: 73
edited June 2009 in The Porch
What are the chances that EV actually signed these? From the Ryman Night 2 ...

ev.jpg

pick.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,936
    0 to none, but it's a weird world so i could be wrong :roll:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    BlredyellowBlredyellow Posts: 843
    That actually looks exactly like Ed's signature. Especially the new calligraphy-style handwriting of his. And all the pics were signed differently. It makes sense b/c it was the Ryman, too. Maybe 10c can confirm???
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    I would say very good chance that is a legit signature. Cool. :D
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    cool :D:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    i do believe it is his writing...... :)
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    go2theshowgo2theshow Posts: 79
    This looks like the real deal. Based on the fact it's a Dunlop logo pick, it's likely Ed signed the back. The band's personalized logo picks that I have seen don't have manufacturer info printed on them. Sweet!
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    id say definitely... looks like sharpie... great score!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    that is AWESOME!
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    OceansMagnetOceansMagnet Posts: 1,031
    For what it's worth mine looks SLIGHTLY different and is definitly sharpie.. And the merch guy did claim it to be autographed by Ed.. Will post a pic of mine later (on the road back to Nashville from Memphis right now)
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    glad i bought one!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,922
    sgossard3 wrote:
    id say definitely... looks like sharpie... great score!
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    Looks liek it could be that is how he use to sign his E 's early on. Were they all that way signed
  • Options
    pjammer92pjammer92 Posts: 67
    I would say its Ed for sure doing this they probly ran out of his custom pics to put in there so he customized them with his intitials himself....
  • Options
    the merch guy in nashville (liam's tour mgr.) told me the ones with pics were limited.
  • Options
    apsuhead42apsuhead42 Clarksville, TN Posts: 73
    When I asked if the wallets had a guitar pick in there (because I heard at some shows they didn't), the merch guy smiled and said I don't anything about the picks. I could clearly see it had a guitar pick in there before I bought it. I didn't notice the sharpie until my wife looked closely at it, I just thought they were all made like that.

I also got a nice surprise when I was having a beer at the top side of the balcony and Liam came out of a side door to greet his two friends and let them backstage, I told Liam great show and got a handshake.
  • Options
    WildEyedMaryWildEyedMary Posts: 127
    edited June 2009
    I got a wallet in Nashville night 2 after a guy in the entrance line told me his was signed the night before. His said Eddie and his friend's said EV. Mine definitely looks different than yours and it looks like sharpie so I don't think they are copies. I hope he signed them. (this picture was taken on my phone so its pretty blurry)

pick.jpg

407537152_1412360902_0.jpg
    Post edited by WildEyedMary on
    If I had known then what I know now...
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    im really jealous of these wallets now i really wish i could have gotten one in albany
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    superfuzz30superfuzz30 Posts: 369
    Well there must have been only so many signed...I got a wallet in baltimore, it has the pick, but no EV, just blank. Damn...Lucky ppl who got one, congrats.

BTW, to the ppl who got wallets with the EV sig, did the wallet come wrapped in plastic or no? See mine came in a little plastic thing if I remember right. That could be a way for ppl going to future shows to know if it may or may not be signed.
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Wow, what a cool find! I'd love to have one of those picks but have no use for the men's wallet. How much were the wallets selling for? I wonder if it is worth buying just for the pick? I'm heading to the Atlanta shows and wondering if I should buy one.
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    huck_5huck_5 Posts: 80
    I bought one in Nashville for $25 (along with two Hatch and two Knievel posters). They were in bags. I got the tip while standing in line from a guy that bought one during night 1. He indicated four people in his group bought a wallet, and 2 of the 4 had the auto, and one of those just said "Eddie" and not EV.

Mine looks different than the one's in this message.

They had the wallets flipped over, so you couldn't tell which one's had a pick. Apparently night 1, they were flipped over, so after the word got out, people could tell which had the pick and which didn't.

Pretty damn cool to do something like that Eddie. Thanks!!!
    Knoxville, TN '98 | Nashville, TN '03 | Columbia, SC '08 | EV - Nashville, TN '09 | EV - Phoenix, AZ '12 | Charlotte, NC '13
  • Options
    WildEyedMaryWildEyedMary Posts: 127
    Wow, what a cool find! I'd love to have one of those picks but have no use for the men's wallet. How much were the wallets selling for? I wonder if it is worth buying just for the pick? I'm heading to the Atlanta shows and wondering if I should buy one.

I got one totally on a gamble, I hadn't planned on buying anything that night until I got word of it from a guy in line waiting to get in. $25 wasn't that much considering posters are $35. I don't have a use for a men's wallet either but once I got it I noticed it was pretty cool just to have with the "EV" target stamp and "23" pick holder. Its more of an ID holder than like a tri-fold. Maybe if you get word that they are signed you should pick one up.
    Well there must have been only so many signed...I got a wallet in baltimore, it has the pick, but no EV, just blank. Damn...Lucky ppl who got one, congrats.

BTW, to the ppl who got wallets with the EV sig, did the wallet come wrapped in plastic or no? See mine came in a little plastic thing if I remember right. That could be a way for ppl going to future shows to know if it may or may not be signed.

They were all in bags and mine was sealed with tape. I could see the top ones had picks. I was one of the first in the merch line and there were 2 stacks of about 10 and I'm not sure where the others were or how many are actullay signed.
    If I had known then what I know now...
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,860
    I got one in Philly 2, was in a plastic bag with tape. I just got the regular tortex pick, no sig. Congrats to those that got one. I like the wallet though and use it, it's nice. (I stuck my Jeff tone pick in there too :) )
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,543
    Wilds wrote:
    I would say very good chance that is a legit signature. Cool. :D

agreed, nice score,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    i asked to get one with a pic and he smiled and obliged. mine says EV. very cool touch, ed!
  • Options
    p.s. there are a couple on ebay for $39 starting price...
  • Options
    Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    How cool is that!?
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • Options
    I got one, and I was alittle bummed because it just had EV written on it, and I was like 10th in line at merch table the first night and was hoping to get one with the bullseye and the 23 on it and saw the ev on it and thought they just stamped it, but got back to my seat and looked and looked like it had been wrote on there, and until now I thought just some merch guy wrote EV on that, I had no idea Eddie did that. Makes the wallet more valuable to me.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1