Options

new stuff

luke.luke. Posts: 190
edited June 2009 in The Porch
whats with all the moaning??? "boo hoo cd will be too short"
since when does the world owe you everything????
what are you so afraid of ... you'll get ripped off? the cd will suck?? cant you all just be happy knowing that 11 new songs will be glorious and full of life the way all pearl jam songs are?? god im so excited to able to put a new fresh bunch of pj songs in my car cd player while driving to work and being enspired again by hopefully some amazing tunes ... and here you all are bitching at every chance you can get .... "boo hoo target is bad" "boo hoo cd not long enough"

when did everybody forget that it's all in the music???????????
im hoping that its only about 5 % of fans im talking about. and to the rest of the 95 .... koritfw
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,940
    luke. wrote:
    whats with all the moaning??? "boo hoo cd will be too short"
    since when does the world owe you everything????
    what are you so afraid of ... you'll get ripped off? the cd will suck?? cant you all just be happy knowing that 11 new songs will be glorious and full of life the way all pearl jam songs are?? god im so excited to able to put a new fresh bunch of pj songs in my car cd player while driving to work and being enspired again by hopefully some amazing tunes ... and here you all are bitching at every chance you can get .... "boo hoo target is bad" "boo hoo cd not long enough"

when did everybody forget that it's all in the music???????????
    im hoping that its only about 5 % of fans im talking about. and to the rest of the 95 .... koritfw
    Welcome to the hardcore Pearl Jam fan base... I am owed such-and-such, I deserve this or that, the band are sell-outs, the album's too short, tour's too short, Eddie's too short :lol:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    I'd be happy with the 2 newsletters a year i'm owed ;)
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    image.cgi?file=550221.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    image.cgi?file=550221.jpg
    :lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    luke.luke. Posts: 190
    id thought id bump this considering there is still a whole bunch of little boys spitting their pacifier
  • Options
    PearlJamPatriotPearlJamPatriot Posts: 2,426
    luke. wrote:
    id thought id bump this considering there is still a whole bunch of little boys spitting their pacifier
    Then dont bump a thread that keeps reminds of us of all the bitching. ;)
    Pearl Jam Shows: 1998 - 9/11 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 9/13 Hartford, CT || 2000 - 8/24 Wantagh, NY (Jones Beach 2); 8/27 Saratoga Springs; 8/29 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 8/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2) || 2003 - 4/29 Albany, NY; 5/3 State College, PA; 7/2 Mansfield (night 1); 7/6 Camden, NJ (night 2); 7/8 New York, NY (MSG night 1) || 2004 - 9/28 Boston, MA (night 1); 9/29 Boston, MA (night 2) || 2005 - 10/3 Philadelphia, PA || 2006 - 5/12 Albany, NY; 5/13 Hartford, CT; 5/24 Boston, MA (night 1); 5/25 Boston, MA (night 2); 5/27 Camden, NJ (night 1); 5/28 Camden, NJ (night 2)|| 2008 - 6/19 Camden, NJ (night 1); 6/24 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 6/25 New York, NY (MSG night 2); 6/27 Hartford, CT; 6/28 Mansfield, MA (night 1); 6/30 Mansfield, MA (night 2); 7/1 New York, NY (Beacon Theater)|| 2009 - 9/21 Seattle, WA (night 1); 9/22 Seattle, WA (night 2); 10/27 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 1); 10/28 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 2); 10/30 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 3); 10/31 Philadelphia, PA (Spectrum night 4)|| 2010 - 5/15 Hartford, CT; 5/17 Boston, MA; 5/20 New York, NY (MSG night 1); 5/21 New York, NY (MSG night 2)|| 2011 - 9/3 East Troy, WI (PJ20); 9/4 East Troy, WI (PJ20) || 2012 - 9/2 Philadelphia, PA, 9/30 Missoula, MT || 2013 - 7/19 Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), 10/12 Buffalo, NY, 10/15 Worcester, MA (night 1), 10/16 Worcester, MA (night 2), 10/18 Brooklyn, NY (night 1), 10/19 Brooklyn, NY (night 2), 10/25 Hartford, CT || 2014 - 10/22 Denver, CO || 2015 -  9/26 New York, NY (Global Citizen Festival) || 2016 - 5/1 New York, NY (night 1), 5/2 New York, NY (night 2), 8/5 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1), 8/7 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 2) || 2018 - 9/2 Boston, MA (Fenway Park night 1) || 2020 - 3/30 New York, NY
    Eddie Vedder solo: 2008 - Boston night 1 & 2 || 2009 - Albany, NY night 1 & 2 || 2011 - Hartford, CT, Boston, MA

• Options
    hitmanhitman Posts: 469
    seriously... it's an album... some of my favorite ones are short as hell. (several bad religion.... the tragically hip.... etc.) also, several are long as hell (Tool... the Mars Volta... etc.) i don't like the long ones for being long and i don't hate the short ones for being short.

get off it!!! it's music, it's art..... you don't add a bunch of paint to a work of art just because there's only 5 colors on it.

but listen to me/us... bitching about people bitching. the best thing would've been for everybody to just leave that original post the fuck alone and not reply at all. i'd love to see 1000 views and no replies... we all just add fuel to the very fire we are trying so hard not to flame.

so i'm gonna stop.... NOW.
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I am not sure which group I am getting more sick of; A) the group doing the initial complaining about whatever, or B) the group that starts threads to complain about the initial complainers.

I would say both are equally annoying, except that I think group B in my scenario is a tad more annoying being they are complaining about the complainers as though everyone should think and feel the way they do, without really having anything to complain about. Maybe album length is important to some, so be it.

But, just gripping because others are gripping is like if you have a friend, and you are mad at that friend because of something they did. And, in turn, now that friend is now mad at you only because you are mad at them.
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I am not sure which group I am getting more sick of; A) the group doing the initial complaining about whatever, or B) the group that starts threads to complain about the initial complainers.

I would say both are equally annoying, except that I think group B in my scenario is a tad more annoying being they are complaining about the complainers as though everyone should think and feel the way they do, without really having anything to complain about. Maybe album length is important to some, so be it.

But, just gripping because others are gripping is like if you have a friend, and you are mad at that friend because of something they did. And, in turn, now that friend is now mad at you only because you are mad at them.

ah man, and if there's one thing i can't stand, it's people who are annoyed about people complaining about all the complainers.... : )
  • Options
    BH71937 wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

ah man, and if there's one thing i can't stand, it's people who are annoyed about people complaining about all the complainers.... : )
    Hahahaha, laughs dude. Touche!!
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    BH71937 wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:

Hahahaha, laughs dude. Touche!!

i fricken' love your avatar, BTW!!!
  • Options
    BH71937 wrote:
    i fricken' love your avatar, BTW!!!
    "The Life and Times of Tim" is one of the funniest shows, let alone cartoons, to come out in a really long time. I was very happy to read that HBO picked it up for a second season. :mrgreen: