Options

White River Amphitheatre?

EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
edited June 2009 in The Porch
I was just thinking for all you Seattle people who don't want to drive all the way to the gorge, is white river an alternative option? It hasn't really been mentioned and I think would be a lot better than Key Arena, even though WR is a bitch to get in/out of before/after shows.
{if (work != 0) {
work = work + 1;
sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
else if (work >= 0) {
reality.equals(false);
work = work +1;
}system("pause");
return 0;}
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Sucks. Please no. I would rather drive to the Gorge, anyday.
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    SpokenJeremySpokenJeremy Posts: 604
    White river would a disaster. It's a bitch to get in and out of and the sound sucks.
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I fucking hate the White River Amphitheatre. That place blows monkey balls for more than a couple reasons. Please Pearl Jam, do not play there. I would rather them play the Key Arena or the Tacoma Dome if they are going to finally play in the Puget Sound region again.

What is so bad about The Key Arena? I have seen some incredible concerts there over the years (not to mention basketball and hockey games). Not a bad seat n the house either. Pearl Jam themselves have had some amazing shows there too over the years. I don't get the hatred for Key Arena.
  • Options
    The acoustics arent that great at the Key..
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    No better or worse than any other basketball arena in the country, MSG included.
  • Options
    whgarrettwhgarrett Posts: 574
    I have never seen a bad show at the White River Amphitheater. The worst sounding show was probably lollapalooza. I am in complete disagreement with people who dislike the venue. The drive isn't bad if you come from the south. No traffic whatsoever. Getting in and out of the parking lot can be trying but it is easily solved by a jog to the car. Radiohead was great both times. Beck was superb. Farm Aid was magical. Lolla rocked. I would be happy if PJ played their.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,942
    aNiMaL wrote:
    No better or worse than any other basketball arena in the country, MSG included.
    have you ever been to msg. If ya haven't then how can you judge a venue. Stop with your fucking hate for msg. You come off as holier then thou fan. Then again that's common in this fanclub. Just because you listen to a boot dozens of times and disect every little sound doesn't mean shit.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,017
    I was just thinking for all you Seattle people who don't want to drive all the way to the gorge, is white river an alternative option? It hasn't really been mentioned and I think would be a lot better than Key Arena, even though WR is a bitch to get in/out of before/after shows.
    didn't Jeff sellout on this place recently in an interview saying that he did not want to play there?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    metsfan wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    have you ever been to msg. If ya haven't then how can you judge a venue. Stop with your fucking hate for msg. You come off as holier then thou fan. Then again that's common in this fanclub. Just because you listen to a boot dozens of times and disect every little sound doesn't mean shit.
    Woah dude, settle down. There was no hate on MSG there. I was defending basketball arenas, and more importantly in this thread, my disdain for White River Amphitheatre.
  • Options
    MissPennyLaneMissPennyLane Redondo Beach, CA Posts: 687
    If PJ plays Key Arena, is there still a chance for some Gorge shows?
  • Options
    weenieweenie Posts: 1,623
    Wow, I don't understand the hate for Key Arena either. I saw Rush play there in the early 90's and the sound was really good.
    (Yeah, that was a long, long time ago.........)
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,942
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Woah dude, settle down. There was no hate on MSG there. I was defending basketball arenas, and more importantly in this thread, my disdain for White River Amphitheatre.
    sorry, my bad. Thought you were bashing msg like you have in previous posts.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    id prefer key arena, i saw the foos there last year and it was awesome! '

Haha i dont really care where they play as long as its close to seattle, hope we get some tour dates real soon
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    metsfan wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    sorry, my bad. Thought you were bashing msg like you have in previous posts.
    Backhanded compliment #2
    NERDS!
  • Options
    If PJ plays White River I will go! If PJ plays the Key I will go! If PJ plays The Gorge I will go! I just really wanna see PEARL JAM in my state! (with all that said, PJ please play SEATTLE!!)
    There's alot to be said for Nowhere
  • Options
    go2theshowgo2theshow Posts: 80
    GR8Dane wrote:
    Sucks. Please no. I would rather drive to the Gorge, anyday.

I will go anywhere they play in the Northwest but I agree...the WRA venue sucks!
  • Options
    evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    I hate that place it is the worst venue.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,314
    GORGE
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”