Options

How much "Backspacer" in Europe,Toronto,SF,CHICAGO

CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,178
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Do you think they will hit us with a majority of it or just the single,and/or GOT SOME?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    G ForceG Force Posts: 1,392
    huh?
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    I think we will hear a good chunk of it
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    TipJammer wrote:
    huh?

These shows are prior to the album being released

Do you think they will unveil new stuff or save it for after 9/22 or whenever it comes out?
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    TipJammer wrote:
    huh?

He's asking how much of the new album, if any will be played at the shows before the album is released.

For me I really have no idea what they are going to do.
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    I'm thinking a few songs- The Fixer, Got Some, and maybe 1 more- I doubt anymore though
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,936
    a lot (maybe ;) )
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    I'm thinking a few songs- The Fixer, Got Some, and maybe 1 more- I doubt anymore though

What, No Cigarette Song Part 1 or 2 ;)
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:

yeah i would think like 3 per show max....
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Got Some, The Fixer, and The End
  • Options
    The End in London would be perfect.... :roll:
    This is how I feel....

If there was a reason, it was you
  • Options
    Nuzpaper.Nuzpaper. Posts: 112
    They didn't play any new ones back on the Canadian tour and that was before the the last album came out.
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    Nuzpaper. wrote:
    They didn't play any new ones back on the Canadian tour and that was before the the last album came out.

True, but that was still 7-8 months before that album dropped.

These shows will be 1 month before the new one.
  • Options
    What about Philly for 10 nights?? LOL

I say they play a couple each night and wear some out everynight ig: WWS, Severed Hand, lets not forget this is not the "official tour" to support the record.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    Nuzpaper. wrote:

Didnt they play "Craphoot Rapture" at one of the shows? (good thing they changed the name)
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    The End in London would be perfect.... :roll:
    for sure,,,i hope have power left after rotterdam,berlin,manchester
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,924
    arq wrote:
    a lot (maybe ;) )

i'm hoping. kinda relive their pre vs day's when they would play many new songs from the forthcoming album.

remember brixton '93? :)
  • Options
    Jack StrawJack Straw Posts: 92
    Nuzpaper. wrote:

They also had a label to answer to then. If I understand correctly, that is not the case this time around, so they should be able to play as much as they want.
    East Lansing 98, Detroit 98, Tampa 00, Detroit 00, Buffalo 03, State College 03, Detroit I 03, Detroit II 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Grand Rapids, 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Grand Rapids 06, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Lollapalooza 07, West Palm Beach 08, Tampa 08, To be continued...
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    I dreamed about the upcoming concerts last night and they didn't play any new song...that was a huge let down :cry:

I'm counting on at least The Fixer, Got Some and possibly The End and Unthought Known (since Ed played them live already) but I'm hoping for a lot more!
  • Options
    azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 698
    I hope so. I can't wait to find out at GG Park.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,301
    At the Astoria show in 06 they played EIGHT new songs from the "Pearl Jam" album. It was their first gig of 06, two weeks before the album was released, and therefore was the live debut of the new songs.

The first 5 songs of the night were:
    World Wide Suicide
    Life Wasted
    Severed Hand
    Unemployable
    Gone

and we also got:
    Army Reserve
    Marker In The Sand
    Comatose

It was such an awesome show. I somehow don't think we'll be this lucky again, but I live in hope!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    BetterVedderBetterVedder Posts: 145
    Tough to say. Depends when the first single is set to be out. The further we go without hearing anything, the less it seems likely that the album will be out in September and therefore reducing the odds of us hearing a decent amount of new tunes at the shows in August. I look at Alice in Chains who has set a release date of Sept.29/09 for their album. They have already released a snippet of the song/video on their website with a single release date of June 30/09. Regardless, I think it's safe to say that we will hear some new tunes, but most likely the ones we have already heard. Got Some, The End, Unthought Known, and The Fixer if that is in fact the single which all signs are pointing too.
    "I don't wanna go, from Toronto!!!" - EV '06
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Nuzpaper. wrote:

You forgot Gone at Atlantic City..
  • Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Remember Oakland 97? -opening for The Stones-

They played a shit load of "Yield" songs for the first time...and that was months before the album dropped.

I'm hoping that they do the same this time around in Europe, Toronto, Chicago.

We'll find out soon enough.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Gonzo1977 wrote:
    Remember Oakland 97? -opening for The Stones-

They played a shit load of "Yield" songs for the first time...and that was months before the album dropped.

I'm hoping that they do the same this time around in Europe, Toronto, Chicago.

The world was very different then. People weren't recording stuff and throwing it up online before the show was even over back then. Even if they played something off Yield in 97, mainly the people at that one show and maybe a few who did some bootleg trading would hear it, not the masses of everyone with even the slightest interes,t like now. I'm as eager for new stuff as the next person, but when new poorly recorded stuff from cell phones goes up on shitty quality online sites, then people pick it apart and don't experience it the way the artist intended. It would be my guess that not much of Backspacer would be played at these shows.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008