Options

Bonaroo will be televised

godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
edited May 2008 in The Porch
May 19, 2:37 PM EDT

Bonnaroo to be televised nationally for first time on Fuse

NEW YORK (AP) -- Music fans who can't trek to Tennessee for the Bonnaroo Music & Arts festival still have a chance to see the action: Fuse TV is televising parts of the three-day extravaganza, its first national TV exposure.

Acts ranging from Kanye West to Metallica to Pearl Jam are slated to perform at Bonnaroo, the yearly event that is held on a farm in Manchester, TN. The event will also feature comedians including Chris Rock and Janeane Garofalo.

Fuse plans to televise six hours of programming from the festival, ranging from performances to interviews with the artists. The network will also broadcast live from the event.

"We couldn't be more excited to be working with Fuse as our broadcast partner," said Jonathan Mayers, Bonnaroo Co-founder, Superfly Productions, said in a statement Monday. "We understand that not everyone can make the long trip to Tennessee, so the fact that we can now bring the Bonnaroo experience into millions of homes is amazing."

Bonnaroo, now in its seventh year, attracts about 80,000 to the 700-acre farm where the event takes place. Other acts performing this year include Jack Johnson, Alison Krauss and Robert Plant, and Death Cab for Cutie.
"If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
—Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    ha. record this please :) I'll be busy
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,917
    6 hours over 3 days. So what are the chances of the entire PJ set being broadcasted? If they broadcast the Plant/Krauss, and Pearl Jam sets, that's all I need.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    yeah seems like 1 or 2 songs per group max. still cool. But don't get yourself excited to watch a whole PJ show or you are setting yourself up for disapointment.
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Pfft, it sucks to live in England. Is there any way I can watch this?
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    VeddernarianVeddernarian Posts: 1,917
    Fuse Becomes Exclusive TV Partner of 2008 Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival ; Three-Year Partnership Brings Premier Music Festival On-Air For First Time
    967 words
    19 May 2008
    16:00
    Business Wire

NEW YORK - (BUSINESS WIRE) - Fuse, the national music television network, has signed a three-year agreement with the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival, to become the exclusive television partner of the Festival, which takes place on a 700 acre farm in Manchester, Tennessee, June 12-15. The deal marks the first time in its seven-year history that Bonnaroo has ever aired on a national television network and will include live on-air programming and on-demand content, as well as extensive marketing and promotion. This year’s Festival will feature performances by Pearl Jam, Metallica, Jack Johnson, Kanye West and Alison Krauss & Robert Plant, along with more than 100 other bands.

“Fuse recognizes that some of the biggest events in the music calendar are festivals, and when you think about premier music festivals, you can’t get much bigger than Bonnaroo. This partnership becomes a major event for Fuse and reinforces our commitment to bringing the biggest and most popular music events to our viewers,” said Eric Sherman, president, Fuse. “If you can’t make it to Manchester this year, Fuse is providing viewers a unique opportunity to experience the energy and music of Bonnaroo, past and present, and Fuse is the only place on TV you can get it.”

“We couldn’t be more excited to be working with Fuse as our broadcast partner,” said Jonathan Mayers, Bonnaroo Co-founder, Superfly Productions. “We understand that not everyone can make the long trip to Tennessee, so the fact that we can now bring the Bonnaroo experience into millions of homes is amazing.” Fuse Bonnaroo Partnership/2

With more than six hours of programming, fans will get an insider’s view into Bonnaroo like never before. “Fuse Live from Bonnaroo,” will provide viewers with live primetime weekend coverage from the grounds of the 2008 Festival, including highlights of each day’s performances taken from the main stage, artist interviews and exclusive behind-the-scenes access. “Best of Bonnaroo Vol. I” showcasing some the best performances and happenings from the seven year history of the Bonnaroo, will air on Fuse just prior to the Festival and Vol. II and III will air quarterly thereafter. Fuse host Steven Smith will be shooting “Steven’s Untitled Rock Show” episodes from the grounds of Bonnaroo and be reporting back live to the Seventh Avenue Studio in New York City on Festival happenings, exclusive interviews and behind-the-scenes action, which will also be available on http://www.fuse.tv and Fuse Mobile.

Fuse will also have an on-site presence at “Centeroo,” the main festival grounds area, with a Fuse TV experience. The experience will include the ability to produce live TV remotes on site and conduct artist interviews. Visitors will get a true 360 degree experience of Fuse, on-air and online, as well as opportunities to connect virtually with family and friends unable to experience Bonnaroo in person. Fuse’s Bonnaroo programming will be supported with a multi-media consumer advertising effort on TV, radio, print and online in conjunction with a watch-and-win Bonnaroo Music Trivia promotion, as well as being included in the Festival newspaper, on the onsite radio station and on Bonnaroo.com.

About Fuse

Fuse, the national music television network, brings viewers closer to their favorite artists and bands by featuring original series and specials, exclusive interviews, live concerts and video blocks – all rooted in the music experience. Celebrating the hit makers of today, familiar favorites and edgy newcomers, Fuse accommodates the wide ranging tastes and attitudes of its 12-34 year-old audience with compelling music programming on-air, on-line, on-demand and via mobile technologies. Fuse is a part of Madison Square Garden, L.P. is owned by Cablevision Systems Corporation, and includes the New York Knicks (NBA); the New York Rangers (NHL); the New York Liberty (WNBA); the Hartford Wolf Pack (American Hockey League); MSG Entertainment, which includes concerts and events at Radio City Music Hall, Madison Square Garden, The WaMu Theater at Madison Square Garden, the Beacon Theatre, as well as the legendary Chicago Theatre, and which manages wholly-owned live entertainment properties including the Radio City Rockettes and the Radio City Christmas Spectacular; MSG Media, which is comprised of MSG and MSG Plus.

About Bonnaroo

The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival is a four-day, multistage camping festival held every June on a beautiful 700-acre farm in Manchester, Tennessee, 60 miles south of Nashville. Bonnaroo brings together some of the best performers in rock and roll, along with dozens of artists in complementary styles such as jazz, Americana, hip-hop, electronica and more. Metallica, Pearl Jam, Jack Johnson and Widespread Panic are headlining this year, while previous lineups included Bob Dylan, Neil Young & Crazy Horse, The Police, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Radiohead, the Dave Matthews Band, The White Stripes and Tool. In addition to dozens of epic performances, the festival's 100-acre entertainment village buzzes around the clock with attractions and activities including an on-site cinema, classic arcade, silent disco, comedy club, theater performers, a beer festival and a music technology village. Bonnaroo’s peaceful vibe, near-flawless logistics, and unrivaled entertainment options put the event on par with some of Europe’s most revered music festivals. Named one of the 50 moments to change the history of rock and roll by Rolling Stone, the festival is known world wide as a revolutionary cultural experience.
    Up here so high I start to shake, Up here so high the sky I scrape, I've no fear but for falling down, So look out below I am falling now, Falling down,...not staying down, Could’ve held me up, rather tear me down, Drown in the river
  • Options
    wickedmonkeyzwickedmonkeyz Posts: 489
    for those making the trip down...

the setup has begun!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a1D3yQ4IC14&feature=related
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,009

the setup has begun!

Sweet! Thanks for posting! I can't wait!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219

the setup has begun!

How nice and clean :) I'll be there volunteering and helping them set up in three weeks time :)
  • Options
    wickedmonkeyzwickedmonkeyz Posts: 489
    einatshaul wrote:
    How nice and clean :) I'll be there volunteering and helping them set up in three weeks time :)

Good for you...I've always thought about volunteering to set up, but part of the fun for me is the drive down and seeing places along the way...also having people traveling with you makes it difficult, you have to get there a few days early right?

You might luck out...I've heard stories over the years of people getting off early from volunteering or simply being told they were not needed after the first day or so, but still getting in and their deposit refunded

as for that video...this is the best part about bonnaroo...the anticipation...more videos to comes as well as the locals posting pics in the next couple of weeks...it's amazing to see that farm so empty...things will surely start to pick up now that we have exactly three weeks to go

all you rookies have no idea what you're in for!
    looking for 2 to Columbia...

***GOT EM***
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    what are the odds that we'll see pearl jams entire set on the tube ?
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,910
    hopefully pj's full set get's broadcasted on at&t's blueroom! :)
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    Look at the first item titled "Bonnaroo Front Row."

http://www.fuse.tv/tours/bonnaroo/index.html

It runs extra long on Sunday night, I'm guessing to accommodate at least a good chunk of Pearl Jam?
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    Dont they basically do this on the Bonnaroo website too? I think they showed the entire Tom Petty performance online awhile back. That's what I want them to do with PJ. I dont think I even get Fuse on my cable
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • Options
    Goofy08073Goofy08073 Posts: 41
    badass
    "Till there was rock you only had God"
    -David Bowie
  • Options
    rhinomagicrhinomagic Charlottesville, VA Posts: 2,549
    MattyJoe wrote:
    Look at the first item titled "Bonnaroo Front Row."

http://www.fuse.tv/tours/bonnaroo/index.html

It runs extra long on Sunday night, I'm guessing to accommodate at least a good chunk of Pearl Jam?

PJ is playing on Saturday night. If they air on Sunday, it will be tape delayed.

I don't think they'll be showing anyone's full set.

Memphis 1994
    New Orleans 1995
    Fort Lauderdale 1996
    Atlanta & Birmingham 1998
    New Orleans 2000
    Tampa 2003
    Kissimmee 2004
    New York City (x 2) 2008
    East Troy (x 2) 2011
    Chicago & New Orleans 2013
    Hampton, Raleigh, Boston 2016
    Baltimore 2020
    Louisville 2022
    Philadelphia & Baltimore 2024
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    rhinomagic wrote:
    PJ is playing on Saturday night. If they air on Sunday, it will be tape delayed.

I don't think they'll be showing anyone's full set.

Yeah for some reason I was thinking Pearl Jam was the festival closer. I forgot it went to Sunday.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan