Options

looking for the bird thingy. .......

joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
edited June 2009 in The Porch
....if you look at the top of the page where it says "pearl jam ten club community"
im looking for a picture/icon/drawing of the bird with the wreathe/roman thing going on.... can you guys point me in the direction of finding one...thanks
have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    im looking into gettin some work done on my arm (tattoo)......i have always wanted to involve something pearl jam...the stick man IS SO 1995... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    cmon....NOTHING
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,148
    *searches google

i got nothing so far! :(
  • Options
    pj.jpg
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    pj.jpg

thats it...i did a google search a few months ago and found that....but for some reason i couldnt find it...... thanks D
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    pj.jpg

thats it...i did a google search a few months ago and found that....but for some reason i couldnt find it...... thanks D

do you have the link for it
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    pj.jpg

np! i'm still looking to see if there's a bigger image of that.
    when i do, i'll just post the link here for ya! :)
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,006
    Here is one I took from one of the '05 bootleg covers.
    http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/8845/89759258.jpg
  • Options
    Hawk123 wrote:

that's bigger then mine! :shock:
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,211
    No offense to the OP intended or anything, but I've always disliked that logo. It came out when they were doing the 2005/06 show downloads and I immediately interpreted it as we fans are the helpless baby bird begging for scraps of food. I feel it's kind of insulting, to be honest. I think they use it on ticket sales images now on goods, too.
  • Options
    Hawk123 wrote:

thats perfect!!!!! thanks im going to print it and play around with myself ...i do a little drawing my self..ill post a pic when its done
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:
    No offense to the OP intended or anything, but I've always disliked that logo. It came out when they were doing the 2005/06 show downloads and I immediately interpreted it as we fans are the helpless baby bird begging for scraps of food. I feel it's kind of insulting, to be honest. I think they use it on ticket sales images now on goods, too.

you really think that ?? for some reason i kinda liked the logo... it says alot....i think its a very strong image...as for all the other PJ related icons/artwork....kinda out played ...you see the stickman ALL OVER THE PLACE...or the binural .its a toss up of the DNA code on the 2000 boots. the roit act skull and crown or the bird i think those three are the best.. .... the roman wreathe stands for pride... the perfect circle stands for PERFECTION.......and the sparrow .......who the eff knows....
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    AndySlash wrote:

I feel the EXACT same way... the t-shirt with that logo on it is called "Gimme" in the goods section.
  • Options
    GivenToJam88GivenToJam88 NJ Posts: 1,187
    im looking for that bird to give a tweet!
    2006: 5/28
    2008: 6/19, 6/24, 6/25
    2009: 6/14 (EV), 10/27, 10/28
    2010: 5/17
    2011: 6/21 (EV), 6/22 (EV), 9/11, 9/12
    2012: 9/2
    2013: 10/15, 10/16, 10/19, 10/21, 10/22, 10/27, 11/23, 11/24
    2014: 10/19
    2016: 5/1, 5/2, 5/8
    2018: 8/20, 9/2, 9/4
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:

I feel the EXACT same way... the t-shirt with that logo on it is called "Gimme" in the goods section.

doh.gif that's what it was. where i saw a bigger pic of that bird. i still have that in the 'to do' laundry for the weekend. argh ..
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:

That's funny. I interpreted the logo in a similar way when it was attached to the Basecamp bootlegs in '05, although I've never been insulted by it. When it came out I remember viewing it as a symbol of our need to consume more and more Pearl Jam. I don't think of it as an insult, as much as I see it as a sign of understanding towards fans who want and need more music. Rather than throwing us scraps, they are nurturing our appetite.

For the original poster, someone posted a picture of their birdy tatto a couple fo days ago. If you do a search for tattoos you might find it somewhere. That would probably help whoever you find to do the art.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,211
    joe2468 wrote:
    you really think that ?? for some reason i kinda liked the logo... it says alot....i think its a very strong image...as for all the other PJ related icons/artwork....kinda out played ...

I do think that, but please don't let it take away from whatever interpretation you have of it. If you like it and want it as a tattoo, by all means go for it if it has meaning to you. I do not mean to take away from your view of it in any way. We all look at things differently.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    big_bird.jpg
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    big_bird.jpg

those are some rad long john's man!
  • Options
    right about now would be a great time for number7 to add some insight to the image....
    Why go home?
  • Options
    AndySlash wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:
    you really think that ?? for some reason i kinda liked the logo... it says alot....i think its a very strong image...as for all the other PJ related icons/artwork....kinda out played ...

I do think that, but please don't let it take away from whatever interpretation you have of it. If you like it and want it as a tattoo, by all means go for it if it has meaning to you. I do not mean to take away from your view of it in any way. We all look at things differently.

i totaly didnt take it personal...i was just asking everyone opion....and i appreciate your honesty......