Options

Video of fans meeting ed before albany

edited June 2009 in The Porch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSSe88Ry_i8

These people seem too fanatical to not be 10c members haha, but I hadnt noticed this being posted yet.
PJ: Hartford 6/27/08 Mansfield 6/30/08 Philly 3 Oct. 30 2009
Philly 4 Oct. 31 2009 Hartford May 2010 Boston May 2010 MSG 1 May 2010
EV: Albany 1 and 2 June 2009 Providence June 15 2011 Hartford June 18 2011
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,759
    people are weird
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    that's the boston puker's video :mrgreen:
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    Hahaha they all started cheering and hugging and stuff after he left.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    Cool vid
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    That's cool. Ed clearly makes people happy. :D
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    edited June 2009
    That's funny to watch.
    Post edited by Jeanwah on
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    people are weird
    i agree...
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    Hey dude with the Canadian hat - I think I met you at the Massey Hall shows last year (if you're on here), I was the short kid with the Jew 'fro... glad you got to meet Eddie, along with the rest of you!
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    PJRock75PJRock75 Posts: 868
    No fucking Messiah comes to mind....I'm happy for these peole that it brought that much joy to their lives but I also have to wonder..aggh, nevermind.
    "If you want a friend, feed any animal." - JA
    "Don't let it get you down, you know, still give your love, just give it away...I love singin' that part." - EV
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    PJRock75 wrote:
    No fucking Messiah comes to mind....I'm happy for these peole that it brought that much joy to their lives but I also have to wonder..aggh, nevermind.
    I agree. It's actually very creepy, this video... the way they're crying, and hugging each other... it's as if a god just presented himself. Give me a break. He's just Eddie. :roll:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    dreamweaverdreamweaver New York Posts: 712
    hey, those fans are the reason why Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder are a band and still do stuff. To say that that's weird is almost hypocritical. We should all be thankful.

What would I do? probably tell everyone that has ever known me that I finally met Vedder.
    Meadowlands, MSG 1, MSG 2 - '98
    Jones Beach NY 1 + 3 - '00
    MSG 1 + 2 - '03
    Boston Garden - '04
    Montreal - '05
    Boston Garden 1, Meadowlands 1 + 2 - '06
    Mansfield 1 - '08
    (EV solo) Boston 1 - '08
    Chicago 1 - '09
    MSG -'10
    Brooklyn 1+2 - '13
    Central Park - '15
    MSG - '16
    Fenway - '16
    Wrigley - '16
    (RRHOF) Brooklyn - '17
    Fenway - '18
    MSG - '22
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Good to see Ed made their day, but yeah... he is just a mortal!

I'm glad I was able to handle myself much better when I played blackjack sitting right next to Ed in Vegas a few years ago. ;) I do not remember screaming Whooo or screaming or crying after he left. :)
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i didnt watch it all but i dont think its weird to be happy and hug each other. people act dumb when they get excited. (my buddy hugged me after we met mike :oops: ) 8-)
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    Good to see Ed made their day, but yeah... he is just a mortal!

I'm glad I was able to handle myself much better when I played blackjack sitting right next to Ed in Vegas a few years ago. ;)I do not remember screaming Whooo or screaming or crying after he left. :)

:lol: Good job! hahaha

I wouldn't want to meet him that way if i was to meet him, the waiting at his bus thing, something like playing blackjack next to him is way cooler in my opinion :D
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    people are weird

Weird?
    More like passionate fans. He came on later around 7:30 and I saw him. When he was about 2 ft away from me I swear I felt like a little girl meeting the backstreet boys. Its fucking awesome and crazy to meet him.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    gndcd402 wrote:
    people are weird
    i agree...
    +1
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Word of the wise, I waited for almost 3 hours outside of his hotel for him to come back to the hotel to change for the concert and soundcheck in Nashville, and that big Hawaiian guy said no autographs or pics with him at the hotel. Seems that some asshole ebay sellers followed him around all day and bugged the shit out of him in Albany or Philly and now he has said no autographs or pics with ppl anymore. Some ebayers tried to get his autograph last night in Nashville at a guitar shop and he flipped them off, so don't expect to get an autograph.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
    2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
    2012 - Music Midtown Festival
    2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
    2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
    2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Word of the wise, I waited for almost 3 hours outside of his hotel for him to come back to the hotel to change for the concert and soundcheck in Nashville, and that big Hawaiian guy said no autographs or pics with him at the hotel. Seems that some asshole ebay sellers followed him around all day and bugged the shit out of him in Albany or Philly and now he has said no autographs or pics with ppl anymore. Some ebayers tried to get his autograph last night in Nashville at a guitar shop and he flipped them off, so don't expect to get an autograph.
    Good for Ed.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,805
    stalkers............
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    it's kind of a thin line to walk when you're famous...you have all these people wanting something from you..but you wouldn't even be famous without them, so you gotta show them some love...but at the same time you have these idiots who are just trying to make a buck off ya..who aren't true fans and deserve a swift kick in the ass...these idiots make ya sour and that fucks it up for the true blue who adore Ed.

my hotel was so close to the Palace i could literally throw a rock from it and hit the side of the Palace(not that i did) i contemplated going up and hanging out..see if i could catch him before sound check...but as much as i love the guy, i didn't want to be one of those hang around for three hours to get a hand shake people...the things i want to say to him couldn't possibly be covered in 4 seconds while i'm shaking his hand...but i don't thnk those people are creepy! i mean,would some of us behave in a different fashion? maybe some...but that doesn't make you any better..they were just happy to meet their idol...nothing wrong with that! fuck, you ever see any old clips of Elvis when the chicks would crowd him and tear his clothes off his back trying to get a piece of him? that shit was creepy...well now that i think of it...maybe that would be fun ;):mrgreen: ...I mean i'm bigger than Ed's bodyguard so i bet i could tear a sleeve off before all the roadies pig piled on me :mrgreen::mrgreen: ...but that's not my style..lucky for Ed!....I like the stories of the people who meet him by chance when they are out and about..Ed is able to be more gracious when it's only 1 or 2 people..which makes the experience much cooler IMO.

that's my 10 cents
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    criiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinge
  • Options
    CardinalCardinal Posts: 479
    My wife and I waited in Albany for about 30 minutes to meet Ed and give him artwork my 4 year old wanted us to give to him....which we did and Ed appreciated. While we waited we met some great fans and people....it added to the whole road trip.....and when we did meet Ed...nobody acted creepy....we all had a common vein we enjoyed Ed's music and a simple Thanks Ed and a hand shake spoke volumes to the people who were there on many levels. It was a highlight of our road trip....These people came a long way in some cases.....it may not mean something to the people calling out creepy ...but it did to those who were there.....plus you creepy callers all just seem jealous...which you should be....Ed's a super nice guy in the flesh!
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Toronto Aug 9, 2008
    Eddie Vedder Solo Tour Albany NY June 9, 2009
    Pearl Jam Toronto Aug 21, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 23, 2009
    Pearl Jam Chicago Aug 24, 2009
    Pearl Jam Buffalo May 10, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG1 May 20, 2010
    Pearl Jam New York MSG2 May 21, 2010
    Go Cards Go!