Options

Is this message board monitered/moderated?

Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Question: Before PJ switched over to this new website format, and before all 10Club members had access to the message board, was there anyone overlooking/moderating this place? Or could anyone just start a thread selling tickets or stuff on ebay? This seems like a good place to sell your stuff, but isn't as cool in terms of PJ fans discussing PJ. I was just curious.

I think I'm gonna jump on the band wagon and start advertising my PJ (or other band) stuff here for sale. Doesn't have to be PJ related right? You won't have to look very hard to find the thread either, it won't ever leave the top 5 posts. I'm gonna call the thread "MY PJ STORE" and bump it every 10 minutes for months on end, maybe years. You will all know that post by heart, trust me, like it or not! It will be mostly links to my ebay store so you all can bid my shit up!!!! Thanks ;)

I was kidding, but now that actually sounds like a good idea.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    judging by how quickly that new ed song thread disappeared the mods are definitely very active :lol:

glad i got to hear it first... if anyone has entire shows shoot me a PM... i need to hear some of these new bruce covers
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I am a little confused by the question - when hasn't this place had mods? Kat and Sea are still the mods...nothing has changed.
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    IMO, sometimes this place is moderated a little too much.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    edited June 2009

Fuck i'd say!
    I just posted something so fucking beautiful that i wanted to share and it was torn down. Posting leaks is not cool and I completely understand but when Ed plays a new song at a gig it should be fair game. If Eddie didn't want us to hear it he wouldn't of played it because he knows how hardcore us fans are and we will share it with everyone.
    Come on we need some excitement leading up to the new album, it’s not like fans will be lining up to buy it on release day and this will kill the buzz. It will be just us and we will all buy it regardless. When Gone was posted from the Vegas show in 05' I believe the post was not deleted. There is a chance this song might not find a place on the new album so what's the deal?
    Post edited by VOLITION on
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,772
    VOLITION wrote:

Fuck i'd say!
    I just posted something so fucking beautiful that i wanted to share and it was torn down. Posting leaks is not cool and I completely understand but when Ed plays a new song at a gig it should be fair game. If Eddie didn't want us to hear it he wouldn't of played because he knows how hardcore us fans are and will share it with everyone.
    Come on we need some excitement leading up to the new album, it’s not like fans will be lining up to buy it on release day and this will kill the buzz. It will be just us and we will all buy it regardless. When Gone was posted from the Vegas show in 05' I believe the post was not deleted. There is a chance this song might not find a place on the new album so what's the deal?

Ed has requested no taping at his solo shows. Everyone's cooperation is appreciated as it helps to create a feeling, a mood between the audience and the artist. listening...you know? :)

xo
    Falling down,...not staying down
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834

The Mods are doing their jobs. Keeping the board about the music and good vibes.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Kat wrote:
    VOLITION wrote:

Fuck i'd say!
    I just posted something so fucking beautiful that i wanted to share and it was torn down. Posting leaks is not cool and I completely understand but when Ed plays a new song at a gig it should be fair game. If Eddie didn't want us to hear it he wouldn't of played because he knows how hardcore us fans are and will share it with everyone.

Ed has requested no taping at his solo shows. Everyone's cooperation is appreciated as it helps to create a feeling, a mood between the audience and the artist. listening...you know? :)

xo
    i hear ya... but how are those of us that cant afford these shows supposed to enjoy this new material? recession...you know? :)

someone already broke the recording rule (clearly without disturbing the mood since he/she didnt get caught) so why not let whats already out there circulate to prevent future rule breaking? i for one just want a taste of this leg - not every show... you can only do your best to stop the recording before it happens
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    Kat wrote:
    VOLITION wrote:

Fuck i'd say!

xo

Well if he asked there be no taping at his shows, i understand and do apologize. Although I wonder why this has become an issue with Ed b/c in the past he was famous for encouraging fans to record shows and pass it around.
    Thanks KAT for the clarification
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    Why are audio files of "Got Some" off limits but video files are okay? I don't get that. Every time someone asks for an MP3 of "Got Some" they are either censored outright or told to download the horrible version on gremmie.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    VOLITION wrote:
    Well if he asked there be no taping at his shows, i understand and do apologize. Although I wonder why this has become an issue with Ed b/c in the past he was famous for encouraging fans to record shows and pass it around.

He's also said some things aren't meant to be recorded. Sometimes, it's just about the moment ... special, just for the people who were there.

He gave some quote about hearing a rumor about how Jim Morrison once got on stage with Jimi Hendrix at a show in London, and how awesome that must have been for the few privledged to see it ... and what a shame it would be if someone had recorded it, and it turned out both guys were blitzed out of their minds and it actually kind of sucked. Sometimes, the illusion in your head is better than the actual thing.

EDIT: Found it. This is from an article in August 1999.

"We did a one-off in San Diego for about 300 people," says Vedder, "and we asked them not to tape. I just wanted to feel free and open. If I wanted to try a Nick Cave song, I didn't want people hearing it over and over."

Some moments should happen only once, he said.

"It's like the story about the night Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison got together," he says. "People say, 'Oh, I wish they'd made a tape.' Your imagination leads you to all sorts of things, most of them great. But in reality, it was probably a lot of drunken, cheap blues. The idea of it, the romance, is better."
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    glbglb Posts: 356
    he's talking about people always selling their shit on here. It is a little much in my opinion as well. There's not enough talk about PJ and their wonderful catalog and live shows and too much I've got this PJ stuff to sell. :roll:
    Believe me, Darkstar remembers the old board.
    "I've got things to do and things to say in my own way..."
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Is the OP of this thread the original ds from the old board? :?:
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Is the OP of this thread the original ds from the old board? :?:

i've been wondering same :?:
  • Options
    i don't know, i just made the assumption :oops: . the tone behind it gave me a certain vibe of disdain.... :?
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    this isn't bout pj music or there catlog. Its bout the ed shows. 2 totally different things. Ed doesn't want his shows being taped and the 10c doesn't want them talked bout. We as board members have to respect that. Its doesn't matter bout the old board. the 10c still woulda pulled the thread either way.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    ok well, I didn't see that thread, so I have nothing to say on that.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    aNiMaL wrote:
    I am a little confused by the question - when hasn't this place had mods? Kat and Sea are still the mods...nothing has changed.

Kat and Sea have always been around, since the beginning of time :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    OP was being sarcastic if anyone couldn't tell.... this thread wasn't meant to be about Ed solo shows... :roll:

Anyway, I've suggested more than once for having a separate marketplace forum for selling and trading shit... imo it really doesn't belong on the porch.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901
    aNiMaL wrote:

Kat and Sea have always been around, since the beginning of time :)

exactly! :D
  • Options
    otter523otter523 Posts: 250
    That hendrix morrision thing was recorded. I had it at one ponit I still might actually. I'll check it out.

VOLITION wrote:

He's also said some things aren't meant to be recorded. Sometimes, it's just about the moment ... special, just for the people who were there.

He gave some quote about hearing a rumor about how Jim Morrison once got on stage with Jimi Hendrix at a show in London, and how awesome that must have been for the few privledged to see it ... and what a shame it would be if someone had recorded it, and it turned out both guys were blitzed out of their minds and it actually kind of sucked. Sometimes, the illusion in your head is better than the actual thing.

EDIT: Found it. This is from an article in August 1999.

"We did a one-off in San Diego for about 300 people," says Vedder, "and we asked them not to tape. I just wanted to feel free and open. If I wanted to try a Nick Cave song, I didn't want people hearing it over and over."

Some moments should happen only once, he said.

"It's like the story about the night Jimi Hendrix and Jim Morrison got together," he says. "People say, 'Oh, I wish they'd made a tape.' Your imagination leads you to all sorts of things, most of them great. But in reality, it was probably a lot of drunken, cheap blues. The idea of it, the romance, is better."
    09/13/98 - 08/27/00 - 08/29/00 - 08/30/00 - 04/29/03 - 07/03/03 - 07/11/03 - 09/28/04 - 09/15/05 - 05/12/06 -10/15/13 - 10/25/13 - 04/29/16 - 05/01/16 - 05/02/16 - 05/08/16 - 08/05/16 - 08/07/16 - RRHOF-04/07/17 - 09/02/18 - 09/04/18 - 09/03/22 - 09/11/22

E.V-06/08/09 - 06/09/09