Car Accident

PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
edited November 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Last night my 18 year old son was in a very bad car accident. He went around a turn too fast on a wet road, hit a stump and flipped his car endo. The engine ended up in the passenger seat. He is very lucky to be alive. If he hadn't been wearing a seat, he may not be here right now to talk about it. Yesterday was his last day of High School, he was so happy and had such an awesome day. What a horrible contrast to see him in the ambulance with his senior shirt on strapped to a backboard and immobilized. I am grateful he is here and I won't take another instant of his life for granted. He will be walking at graduation next week, how many kids won't be.

Hug your loved ones, life can change in an instant.

Edit to add photos....unreal that he walked out with nothing more then seat belt bruises.

Alecscar2.jpg
Alecscar1.jpg
Alecscar.jpg
~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
— Unknown
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Steve DunneSteve Dunne Posts: 4,965
    Jesus man! Glad he's ok!!!!!!!
    I love to turn you on
  • dasvidanadasvidana Posts: 1,347
    Thank you for this very important reminder. My son was diagnosed with cancer last year. He is now cancer free but having lived through the cancer experience has completely reset my life's priorities.
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    Glad your son is ok. As soon as I see my loved ones tonight, I will definitely give them a big hug!
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
  • dawngdawng Posts: 644
    I'm sorry to hear this happened to your son - thank goodness he is OK.
    Check out my Sudsy Chick Etsy Store for all natural homemade bath products!
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    PJaddicted wrote:

That is so true Carol...

NEVER pass by an opportunity to say you love them (maybe because you feel you've said it so many times before, or feel 'it goes without saying'). If there was a disagreement, never delay 'making up'. You just do not know what can happen when you 'part ways' for the day (ie going to work, etc.). You just don't want to be in a situation where you have to ask yourself what was the last thing you said.....

So happy your son is OK. Angels above....
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,412
    glad that he's ok!! i agree with everyone else, life is too short for grudges.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    Oh damn that is scary. Hits home with an 18 yr old son too..

Sooooo glad to hear he is OK!!

Tell him the Pit say HI!!! ;)
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    Sorry to hear this but thank God your son is still around to hear you say "I Love you" for many, many more years. I have 4 older kids, 2 girls 24 and 20 and 2 boys 22 and 18. It's funny but everytime I talk to the boys on the phone I end the conversation by saying I love you. You can tell if there is someone with them or not by how they reply - **mumbles love you** very fast and low if there is someone with them :) The girls don't care.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • As a young driver it really helps to put things into perspective. It's amazing how fast this life moves by, and what's more amazing (it sounds cliche) but in the blink of any eye it can all be gone.

Thank God that your son's okay. And thanks for the reminder of how sacred this time we have really is.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    Holy crap!

So glad he's ok!

Scary stuff!
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Unreal bu REAL especially around this time of year with teenage driving. Last year my girlfriend's son (12 year's old) was driving back with me from the South Florida Fairgrounds. He sat in the front and sat in a way I didn't initially see his seat belt. When I did I told put your seatbelt on he told his Dad doesn't make him wear seatbelts.

I pulled over then I told him I'm responsible for you now and if you want to continue in this car you are going to put them on or walk home. He put them on begrudgingly. So when we got home I pulled up some accident scenes of people in accidents that didn't wear their seatbelts. After seeing them he understood what I was talking about.

I'm so glad your son survived this accident and we MUST do all that we can to prevent these teens from dying so needlessly.

PEACE.png
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    So glad your son's okay. Same thing happened to my 17 year-old sister a couple months ago. She's fine too, but it scared the living shit out of us. It almost killed me living two states away. I live far because I need to, but sometimes it's tough. I probably drive my sisters nuts with how much I hug them. But that's okay, eh?
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Godo to hear your son is safe and sound, and thank you for reminding us all that our loved ones should not be taken for granted.

I'll be taking your message to heart :)

Congratulations to your son on graduating high school too. I did that three years ago this month...what a superb feeling of accomplishment. I hope he enjoys the view of the long, potentially great road ahead of him.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    so glad to hear he's ok!!!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • thank christ he's alright!
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Cinnamon GirlCinnamon Girl Posts: 1,854
    My brother in law was in an accident with a sand truck when he was eighteen. We were all shaken up, of course. It wasnt until I saw the truck that he was driving, smashed up, that i really broke down and realized how fragile life is.

Im so happy that your son is okay.
    05-10-06, 08-05-07, 06-14-08 , 08-12-08(EV), 06-11-09(EV), 06-12-09(EV), 08-21-09, 05-10-10, 09-11-11, 09-12-11, 07-16-13, 07-19-13, 10-12-13, 10-21-13, 10-22-13,
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Last night my 18 year old son was in a very bad car accident. He went around a turn too fast on a wet road, hit a stump and flipped his car endo. The engine ended up in the passenger seat. He is very lucky to be alive. If he hadn't been wearing a seat, he may not be here right now to talk about it. Yesterday was his last day of High School, he was so happy and had such an awesome day. What a horrible contrast to see him in the ambulance with his senior shirt on strapped to a backboard and immobilized. I am grateful he is here and I won't take another instant of his life for granted. He will be walking at graduation next week, how many kids won't be.

Edit to add photos....unreal that he walked out with nothing more then seat belt bruises.

Alecscar2.jpg
    Alecscar1.jpg
    Alecscar.jpg

Thank goodness your son survived and is okay. ((((Hugs))))
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Thanks everyone....my son has a bruise from the seat belt...that's it. He has a guardian angel watching out for him. I am a very happy mom. I won't ever look at life the same again.
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,812
    I got into a minor car accident today. There was a major car accident on a major highway near where i live (one person died) in the afternoon. Traffic was still backed up after i got done work around 5:45 or so. I was gonna take the exit before that but decided to wait a few more feet and get off at my normal exit. There was a pick up truck ahead of me and I thought he had merged onto the road. So i looked to see if anyone was coming, didn't see anyone and so i went and hit the truck :oops: Nothing serious (no one was hurt) my car had some damage to the hood and and side and his back was bent . Police came took info and all. I think i have a $1000-20009 worth of damage though to my car. :(
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • I got into a minor car accident today. There was a major car accident on a major highway near where i live (one person died) in the afternoon. Traffic was still backed up after i got done work around 5:45 or so. I was gonna take the exit before that but decided to wait a few more feet and get off at my normal exit. There was a pick up truck ahead of me and I thought he had merged onto the road. So i looked to see if anyone was coming, didn't see anyone and so i went and hit the truck :oops: Nothing serious (no one was hurt) my car had some damage to the hood and and side and his back was bent . Police came took info and all. I think i have a $1000-20009 worth of damage though to my car. :(
    Ack! Sorry about the car damage, good thing you are okay and didn't get hurt.
  • fotdfotd Posts: 514
    glad he is alright. wow.
    I’ve seen Pearl Jam 25 times, Eddie Vedder 9 times, and Brad once.
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    Wow, those pictures are awful. I'm glad your son is okay. I will hug my kids extra tight tonight (and they'll hate me for it but tough).
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,812
    I got into a minor car accident today. There was a major car accident on a major highway near where i live (one person died) in the afternoon. Traffic was still backed up after i got done work around 5:45 or so. I was gonna take the exit before that but decided to wait a few more feet and get off at my normal exit. There was a pick up truck ahead of me and I thought he had merged onto the road. So i looked to see if anyone was coming, didn't see anyone and so i went and hit the truck :oops: Nothing serious (no one was hurt) my car had some damage to the hood and and side and his back was bent . Police came took info and all. I think i have a $1000-20009 worth of damage though to my car. :(
    Ack! Sorry about the car damage, good thing you are okay and didn't get hurt.

thanks

fotd and enkidu i just "bumped" the thread. This post apparently was a few years old. But yeah those pics are bad and glad everyone is ok
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC