Options

Desktopsmileys. is this a virus ?

WaveCameCrashinWaveCameCrashin Posts: 2,929
edited June 2009 in The Porch
I was downloading a show from the pj boots web site and this pop up popped up and I thought this must be where everyone on the pit gets there's from. Now I cant get rid of the damn thing :x :x :x :x
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    funny-pictures-virus-cat.jpg
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    0152.jpg downloading smilies?!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,901
    prfctlefts wrote:
    I was downloading a show from the pj boots web site and this pop up popped up and I thought this must be where everyone on the pit gets there's from. Now I cant get rid of the damn thing :x :x :x :x

what's the link to this pj boots web site?
  • Options
    http://www.pearljamboots.com/forums/index.php

Just about every show you download it pops up. and now it's connected to mt yahoo tool bar. So instead Iv' been using google. My PC seems to be working fine but I just can't seem to get rid of it. :? :x
  • Options
    prfctlefts wrote:

Just about every show you download it pops up. and now it's connected to mt yahoo tool bar. So instead Iv' been using google. My PC seems to be working fine but I just can't seem to get rid of it. :? :x

will check later tonight. if it's connected to your tool bar, a program might of got installed on your pc. check out your control panel & iadd and remove program, to see if anything new or fishy has been added.

also virus scan your pc to see if anything comes up.
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    demetrios wrote:
    prfctlefts wrote:

will check later tonight. if it's connected to your tool bar, a program might of got installed on your pc. check out your control panel & iadd and remove program, to see if anything new or fishy has been added.

yep yep, go into the add/remove programs and uninstall your yahoo toolbar
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    gndcd402 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    prfctlefts wrote:

Or - to make things easier - get a Mac, and never worry about viruses until they get more than a 5% market share :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    prfctlefts wrote:

its not the webiste, its sendspace that's giving you the pop up ads. I've been downloading boots from there for 2 years now. As a longtime member I can assure you its not the site. Happens to me all the time.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    metsfan wrote:
    prfctlefts wrote:

its not the webiste, its sendspace that's giving you the pop up ads. I've been downloading boots from there for 2 years now. As a longtime member I can assure you its not the site. Happens to me all the time.

that must be it. the ad will alway's come up if you are not a sendspace member.
    if you have an account with sendspace, you won't get those ad's at all!

:)
  • Options
    ramblinponyramblinpony Posts: 115
    benjs wrote:
    Or - to make things easier - get a Mac, and never worry about viruses until they get more than a 5% market share :)

Shh...Dont give away our secerets, or else that over 5% market share may come alot quicker!
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    demetrios wrote:
    metsfan wrote:
    prfctlefts wrote:

that must be it. the ad will alway's come up if you are not a sendspace member.
    if you have an account with sendspace, you won't get those ad's at all!

:)
    yea I was actually downloading a 91 show from pjboots.com and happened to come across this thread
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,938
    benjs wrote:

Shh...Dont give away our secerets, or else that over 5% market share may come alot quicker!
    Don't worry. People stick to familiarity. Works out great for us :mrgreen:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    gndcd402 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:
    prfctlefts wrote:

I tried doing what you recommended but they are still coming through :evil: :evil: :evil:
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    6bf6d52e.jpg
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    6bf6d52e.jpg

blink.gif

I love anime! :D
  • Options
    prfctlefts wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I tried doing what you recommended but they are still coming through :evil: :evil: :evil:

you will keep getting those pop up blocks. cause you are not a paid member with sendspace, megaupload, rapidshare or whatever they use to download their files, once you click their link you will be directed to download the files through these sites, which you will get the pop up's! it will not happen if you paid a member fee. do the 1 month, or 3 month's etc.. while logged into those accounts, and you won't see those pop up's again.
  • Options
    gibbitsgibbits Posts: 500
    benjs wrote:

Macs can get virii now, and when they do they're generally 10X as hard to deal with as on PC. Just because you aren't the biggest target doesn't mean you aren't a target at all.