Options

Single Day tickets announced for Outside Lands

2»

Comments

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Reminder - single day tickets are on sale now (Visa presale, you need a Visa card to buy).
    Tickets purchased and flights booked! I think they close the park at 10 p.m., correct? Would that mean that PJ would come on at 7 or 8 pm?
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jimed14 wrote:
    Reminder - single day tickets are on sale now (Visa presale, you need a Visa card to buy).
    Tickets purchased and flights booked! I think they close the park at 10 p.m., correct? Would that mean that PJ would come on at 7 or 8 pm?

headliners were scheduled from 8 - 10 last year ...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Just ordered my single day ticket for Friday and it was so easy. :D

Now I just have to unload my 3-day pass.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    emdub950emdub950 Posts: 21
    For those of you who have been to OLF before, assuming PJ comes on at 8.... how early should I get to the stage to get a decent view/get fairly close to the stage? Also, with Incubus being the other main headliner on Friday, will they put them in the slot before PJ on the main stage? Do they put the other big names playing at 8-10 on other stages? It'd suck to not see Incubus...
  • Options
    emdub950 wrote:
    For those of you who have been to OLF before, assuming PJ comes on at 8.... how early should I get to the stage to get a decent view/get fairly close to the stage? Also, with Incubus being the other main headliner on Friday, will they put them in the slot before PJ on the main stage? Do they put the other big names playing at 8-10 on other stages? It'd suck to not see Incubus...

I cannot speak to how early you need to be there to get close to the stage, and I'm not really sure what you consider "close to the stage" ... but, this is PJ, so, if you need to be in the first 10-15 rows, I'm guessing you better be at the mainstage all day.

Someone who waited for Radiohead last year might have a better idea.

As for Incubus ... tough to say. Last year, they had Beck scheduled on Friday night as well as the headliner Radiohead. Beck finished at 7:50 at a different stage than Radiohead (scheduled at 8:00), and it was an absolute cluster-fuck for people trying to get back to the mainstage for Radiohead.

Several reasons why I don't think it would be as bad this year if they were at different stages:

1) Last year was year 1 for this festival ... I'm sure they've learned some lessons. (They even made logisitcal changes between day 1 and day 2 last year based on night 1's mess)

2) Radiohead is a bigger draw than PJ

3) Beck is a bigger draw than Incubus

Note for those that hang back ... they do have several large diamond vision screens above the stage.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    i will be waiting for the timetable to decide when to make my move. depends on what the crowds are like
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    i will be waiting for the timetable to decide when to make my move. depends on what the crowds are like

yeah ... same here, I got a feeling there is going to be too much talent all over the park for me to hang at one place all day ... Friday has a great lineup.

• Options
    Thanks for the info.... I figured it would be something like the setup you described with Beck and Radiohead last year. I'm just really glad the Mars Volta play on Saturday and not Friday so I can for sure see them and PJ. I'm pumped!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,168
    jimed14 wrote:
    Friday's lineup ...

Pearl Jam
    Incubus
    Thievery Corporation
    Tom Jones
    Silversun Pickups
    The National
    Q-Tip
    Built To Spill
    Midnite
    Kinky
    Tea Leaf Green
    Autolux
    The Dodos
    Los Campensinos!
    Akron/Family
    The Duke Spirit
    Zee Avi
    Blind Pilot
    SambaDa
    West Indian Girl
    great night
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    jimed14 wrote:

yeah ... same here, I got a feeling there is going to be too much talent all over the park for me to hang at one place all day ... Friday has a great lineup.

Good, one less person to push away to get up to the front :twisted:

With all seriousness though, jimed14 summed up the situation last year. One thing I will say, whatever they do, they better not fuck up the sound this year.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Good, one less person to push away to get up to the front :twisted:

With all seriousness though, jimed14 summed up the situation last year. One thing I will say, whatever they do, they better not fuck up the sound this year.

if two of The National, Built to Spill and The Duke Spirit are at the main stage as well, I might hang there all day ... but, damn, I've seen PJ nearly 20 times, I got tickets to see a bunch of bands, not just one. Also, i'm planning on taking in a few shows on the west coast tour ..... if it ever gets announced.

It'll be interesting to see of Tom Jones comes on stage with PJ ... that would be a trip. :D

• Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    if two of The National, Built to Spill and The Duke Spirit are at the main stage as well, I might hang there all day ... but, damn, I've seen PJ nearly 20 times, I got tickets to see a bunch of bands, not just one. Also, i'm planning on taking in a few shows on the west coast tour ..... if it ever gets announced.

It'll be interesting to see of Tom Jones comes on stage with PJ ... that would be a trip. :D

I'm just hoping for a main stage lineup of the following because I'll be there all day long:

Silversun Pickups
    Tom Jones :mrgreen:
    Incubus
    PJ

BTW - I've just sold my 3-day pass, so I'm all set now with just my single day pass. :D

A couple of things remain:
    1) Determine how I'll stay in the front of the crowd all day long at the main stage. Suggestions?
    2) Determine how many bagels to bring to the line...and how many smears.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,859
    jimed14 wrote:

I'm just hoping for a main stage lineup of the following because I'll be there all day long:

Silversun Pickups
    Tom Jones :mrgreen:
    Incubus
    PJ

BTW - I've just sold my 3-day pass, so I'm all set now with just my single day pass. :D

A couple of things remain:
    1) Determine how I'll stay in the front of the crowd all day long at the main stage. Suggestions?
    2) Determine how many bagels to bring to the line...and how many smears.

Thanks for the ticket mookie 8-)
    look forward to eating bagels with you and pearljgirl2010 and the rest of the crew in SF in 2 months 8-)
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    damn, i was all set to do just fri and sat but i'm totallyl digging sunday's line up as well. looks like I'll hav to bit the bullet for the 3-day. either way, totally stoked for some cool ass SF weather and checking out a new fest. hope to see yall there!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,648
    That message board for the festival is beyond weak.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    That message board for the festival is beyond weak.

Wow! You weren't joking. A popular thread gets about 3 replies.
  • Options
    festivals are tough to have good mssg boards for ... they are annual, bands change so the same people don't go, etc etc

• Options
    Should I not be surprised that single day tickets are not sold out? I probably shouldn't be, but PJ/Incubus etc have very healthy fan bases. Even Saturday is not sold out yet.
  • Options
    Is anyone else stoked for the Mars Volta as well? I've seen them once and can't wait for their show again.

Also, I've heard Mastodon puts on a great live show, anyone seen them?

And for those fellow hip hop fans gotta love atmosphere on sunday, as well as the beasties.
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    couple things...first, i couldnt agree more that the OSL message board is pathetic. secondly I too cannot wait for the mars volta and I'm excited to take a listen to Tom Morello's new gig, Street Sweeper Social Club and Cage the Elaphant. Plus the weather is going to be fantastic, a nice break from the 100 degree heat and humidity of florida:)
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    jimed14 wrote:
    festivals are tough to have good mssg boards for ... they are annual, bands change so the same people don't go, etc etc
    I think that Bonnaroo has a really good one- lots of support and great info for newcomers
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    I think that Bonnaroo has a really good one- lots of support and great info for newcomers

Coachella's is pretty good as well ... lot sof long timers hang out there all year.

But again, this is the exception, not the norm.

• Options
    pearljamjenpearljamjen Posts: 13,578

Thanks for the ticket mookie 8-)
    look forward to eating bagels with you and pearljgirl2010 and the rest of the crew in SF in 2 months 8-)

Don't forget about me! :mrgreen: *waves*

Is anyone getting the bauer shuttle pass that they are selling? Does it get you closer than regular public transportation? I couldn't really tell from the map so I didn't know if that was the way to go. Anyone get one last year?
  • Options
    couple things...first, i couldnt agree more that the OSL message board is pathetic. secondly I too cannot wait for the mars volta and I'm excited to take a listen to Tom Morello's new gig, Street Sweeper Social Club and Cage the Elaphant. Plus the weather is going to be fantastic, a nice break from the 100 degree heat and humidity of florida:)

Yes, it will be cooler than FL. However, will we have 58F, cloudy, and 20 MPH wind or 82F, sun, and no wind? Maybe both?