Options

Things to do in Nashville..

edited June 2009 in The Porch
So I bought my Eddie Vedder ticket, and the madre doesn't want me going alone. So she's dropping me off at the show, and then from there she's got nothing to do.

Any good bars around she can show some people up in pool? :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    CooterCooter Posts: 153
    You're kidding right? The Ryman is tucked right behind honkytonk row, aka Broadway. As for pool, I'd recommend Bailey's on Broadway or Buffalo Billiards on Second Ave. Both within a block or two of the venue.

As an aside, now that the country fan fair and Bonnaroo peeps are gone, it's time to make way for Eddie!!
  • Options
    Thanks bud, that's all I needed to know. I promise you she greatly appreciates it. :D
  • Options
    loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,383
    I'm in the same boat. We're (me and the wife) just going to be walking broadway hitting up the bars before hand. Might see you there.....
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • Options
    Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 796
    Best Sushi i have ever had is at Sam's Sushi aka the sushi nazi.. It is next to Printer's Alley (4th and Church street) A couple of blocks from the Ryman.

If you are a first time customer and it looks busy inside dont even attempt it. But around 2-5 PM is the best time to get the best and cheapest Sushi you will ever find IMO
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    googoo Posts: 226
    the sushi nazi!!!! I love/hate that place!!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    Drop by Third Man Records Store and pick me up a copy of Get Behind Me Satan on vinyl. That's what I'd do at least.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Drop by Third Man Records Store and pick me up a copy of Get Behind Me Satan on vinyl. That's what I'd do at least.

In all seriousness where is that at? Huge fan of Vinyl, huge fan of the White Stripes.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

In all seriousness where is that at? Huge fan of Vinyl, huge fan of the White Stripes.

623 Seventh Avenue South Nashville

That's the address I found.
  • Options
    ponytdponytd Nashville Posts: 653
    DewieCox wrote:

http://www.thirdmanrecords.com/visit.html

Not too far away from the Ryman.
  • Options
    Anybody planning on goin to that record store care about checkin on/buyin me a copy of Get Behind Me Satan, if it's a reasonable price? pm me plz.....

It's my favorite WS album and just about the hardest vinyl to come by, period. I've seen pic of the inside of the store and it appears they sell them there.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:
    Anybody planning on goin to that record store care about checkin on/buyin me a copy of Get Behind Me Satan, if it's a reasonable price? pm me plz.....

It's my favorite WS album and just about the hardest vinyl to come by, period. I've seen pic of the inside of the store and it appears they sell them there.

I might check on it while in town Wednesday, if it's reasonable would you reimburse? If so I don't mind buying it at all.
  • Options
    DewieCox wrote:

I might check on it while in town Wednesday, if it's reasonable would you reimburse? If so I don't mind buying it at all.

Hell yeah, as soon as you let me know the money would be on its way.

If they don't have it or it's too much moolah, whatever you find out about it would be appreciated almost as much. I can't find a phone # for the place.
  • Options
    PM sent.