Options

chicago Tickets on stubhub

SM10080SM10080 Posts: 234
edited June 2009 in The Porch
somebody has already promised fan club tix to them. And they are going for a lot.

[Link removed by Admin. We do not support legalized scalping.]
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FW46778FW46778 Posts: 227
    they are going for a lot, but no one is buying them for that much.
    I used to be MILKwasAbadChoice...Now I am just FW46778...a math teacher in jersey
  • Options
    SM10080SM10080 Posts: 234
    FW46778 wrote:
    they are going for a lot, but no one is buying them for that much.

you don't think they will?
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,647
    Not 10c tiks.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    you have to be an absulute idiot to buy tickets from stub hub or any broker..i have been buying tix to shows since the early 90's and have never had problems getting into a show for face value..it was a bit harder without the internet back then, but now with message boards, fan sites, craigslist..i dont see how these brokers are still in biz.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    j_web18j_web18 Posts: 186
    wma31303 wrote:
    you have to be an absulute idiot to buy tickets from stub hub or any broker

I don't mean to butt in, but this statement is off base. Stubhub is generally a site for fans to sell tickets; the market place is fair on the low end of the scale. A lot of the high $ tickets are just people saying to themselves "I'm going to this event, but if you are going to blow me away I'll go ahead and sell my seats." It’s free to post, so the highest value on the site is almost never representative and actually never sold.

I have gotten into many college football games (including sold out SEC and Big 10 events) via StubHub for extremely reasonable prices and have sold my season tickets there as well. It allows for a rapid sale of tickets to people across the country in a very short time period, so I have until late in the week to decide if I want to go to a game on Saturday. Also, sales are backed up so I can't get ripped off like Craigslist.

I agree that message boards and other systems are the way to go for people like us, I am sharing my extra EV-Nashville ticket with someone on this board (for face, ouf couse!)and got a 5th row center seat for Jeff Tweedy in January for face from a fan on the Wilco baord. But, we have the informational and technological luxury of knowing these resources are available. People forget that Brokers tend to serve higher-end clients without that info, not the people trolling message boards like me. For example, my grandparents still go to about 15-20 MLB games a year. They want good seats and don't really care what they cost; they just want to get them from a reliable source. They don't have a CPU and even if they did would not be used to the idea of meeting someone they don’t know and trusting that they have the tickets they asked for. So the best option (if the team doesn't have what they want) is to call a broker, order tickets, and then pick them up at their office (which where I live happens to be in a very safe neighborhood and provides comfort for elderly people trying to get around in a major city).

How and why brokers get tickets is a whole other can of worms (hopefully that’s about to end), but just because someone buys tickets form these sources doesn’t make them an idiot, it just means they have the luxury of convenience.
    4-22-2003 St Louis, 10-5-2004 St Louis, 5-16/17-2006 Chicago, 6-24-2006 Cincinnati, 8-5-2007 Lollapalooza, 6-14-2008 Bonnaroo, 8-22-2008 EV Chicago, 6-18-2009 EV Nashville, 8-23/24-2009 Chicago, 9-21-22-2009 Seattle, 5-4-2010 St Louis, 5-7-2010 Indy, 7-1/2011 EV St Louis, 9-3-2011 Alpine, 7-19-2013 Wrigley
  • Options
    voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    Keep in mind that to get the best seats for some shows, you must use a broker. Pearl Jam keeps the best seats in the hands of the fans, ergo no need to pay over face in the secondary market for average seats. When I go to see the Stones, Live Nation/Michael Cohl/Ticketmaster put almost all of the prime seats in the secondary market (or with expensive fan asylum packages). For me to get in the first ten rows or so for a Stones show, I have virtually no choice but to go to the brokers. Typically, I can still get these tickets for close to face value if I wait until closer to the show, but in the bigger cities, face value for many of the good tickets is around $450 and there isn't much room for last minute markups and I've even got tickets from brokers under face (in 2006, bought 10th row for the stones at the United Center for $385, face was $450. Ironically, despite guarantees from our doctor, my wife went into labor a month early and I had to leave said Stones concert just as they were starting to play "Respectable" (one of my favorites and a song not often played live) to welcome my youngest son into the world!
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Fair enough and perhaps "idiot" was not the best wording..my point is that you always (never been denied) can get in a show for a face value if not less..even the good seats when your feel they are necesssary. The smallest venues with big names of course the exception, but i have had good luck there also. Maybe just lucky..Its very eason to pick out the craiglist scammers also..

I guess im just from the old school and cant see paying top dollar for shows..
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"