Options

Tom Morello a Pearl Jam fan?

2»

Comments

• Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346
    silver39 wrote:

I could definatly use some Rage right about now!! I am still pissed to this day that damn Mike D. from the Beasties broke his arm/collarbone for their tour Rage & beasties a long time ago....still never seen Rage live....such a shame!!

you too!!!! i had sweet tix for that tour that never happened!! FUCKING MIKE D YOU BASTARD!!!

Yup still pisses me off to this day!!!
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    Tom is a new age Hendrix...his many innovations playing the guitar are fucking phenomenal!! i wish RATM would do a new album together...no one moves a crowd like Rage!!
    Street Sweeper is just as good, IMO. They were the best band at the NIN/JA show by far I thought.
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    Hey guys, they're previewing the entire album over on Street Sweeper's myspace now!

http://www.myspace.com/streetsweepersocialclub
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    ha... i think its funny that he has himself on his playlist... makes me wonder if its legit... or he may just have an ego problem :lol:

cool dude though... cant wait for street sweeper social clubs debut to come out
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,731
    silver39 wrote:
    silver39 wrote:

I could definatly use some Rage right about now!! I am still pissed to this day that damn Mike D. from the Beasties broke his arm/collarbone for their tour Rage & beasties a long time ago....still never seen Rage live....such a shame!!

you too!!!! i had sweet tix for that tour that never happened!! FUCKING MIKE D YOU BASTARD!!!

Yup still pisses me off to this day!!!

I too had tickets for this tour and as a result of Mike's injury, have never seen Rage live.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Tom Morello is a terrible guitar player.
    So this life is sacrifice...
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options
    silver39silver39 Columbus, Ohio Posts: 1,346

You're joking, right??????????????? :o :shock:
    "I'll ride the wave,Where it takes me, I'll hold the pain, Release me"
    "I'm not about to give thanks or appologize"
    "Caught a bolt of lighting, cursed the day he let it go"
  • Options
    I think Rage is over-rated and Morello could use a guitar lesson or 100.

Whammy pedal and toggle swich does not mean you are a good guitar player-
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    why do i need twitter to tell me the worlds best guitar player, or 2nd best lol, is a fan of the best rock and roll band on the planet? :lol:
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

either you are kidding, or you have no clue what you are talking about
  • Options

Yeah....Jimi Hendrix too.....

:lol:

PLEASE: BUY NEW EARS !!!!!
    From Montevideo, Uruguay.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438

^^^^ -100

This isn't the first time Tom's twittered Pearl Jam on his playlists either - I've been following him for a couple months (and saw him in SSSC 4x last week).
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    His technique is ass.

Stone is a better guitar player than Tom Morello. I may also be.
    6/30/98 Minneapolis, 10/8/00 East Troy (Brrrr!), 6/16/03 St. Paul, 6/27/06 St. Paul
  • Options

Hendrix is insanely overrated but to put Morello in the same league as he is insulting.
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    darthvedder speaks some truth... terrible? no... but one of the best? certainly not... tom himself would tell you that... might be in the top 50 at best... not an insult to him at all

his guitar work is definitely some of my personal favorite but its not technically the most impressive... he just found a signature sound
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Kurt Cobain is the perfect example of the non-technicall guitar player....
    From Montevideo, Uruguay.
  • Options
    Great guitarists combine excellent technique with expression and emotion.

Morello and Cobain have/had lots of expression and emotion but very little in technique.

Somebody like Yngwie Malmsteen has insane amounts of technique but very little expression and emotion (he's almost mechanical in his playing).

This is why guys like Clapton and Page are legends and the best at their craft—they play expressively with solid technique. My personal favorite guitarist is Mark Knopfler. He doesn't shred the fastest but every damn note he plays means something:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjJzlIedCuo
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    Tom is a new age Hendrix...his many innovations playing the guitar are fucking phenomenal!! i wish RATM would do a new album together...no one moves a crowd like Rage!!

Wow, I agree with you, my old friend. :D
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    KingmidgetKingmidget Posts: 628

Hendrix is insanely overrated but to put Morello in the same league as he is insulting.

Wake up Darth...your livin in another century....go to http://www.Idon'tknowshitaboutguitar.com
  • Options
    So if I don't sing the praises of Tom Morello I don't "know shit about guitar"? OK. But if "knowing shit about guitar" means Tom Morello is a good guitar player I think I want to stay ignorant.

P.S. I sort of like "Audioslave". Cornell reigns in Morello enough to make it listenable. Does this make you like me better?
  • Options
    ZidaneZidane Ottawa Posts: 362
    Great guitarists combine excellent technique with expression and emotion.

Morello and Cobain have/had lots of expression and emotion but very little in technique.

Somebody like Yngwie Malmsteen has insane amounts of technique but very little expression and emotion (he's almost mechanical in his playing).

This is why guys like Clapton and Page are legends and the best at their craft—they play expressively with solid technique. My personal favorite guitarist is Mark Knopfler. He doesn't shred the fastest but every damn note he plays means something:

Finally someone brought up Mark Knopfler!!! You're totally right about Knopfler. I'd say that him and David Gilmour are on the same level. Nothing crazy, just greatness!
    You're not what you own - Ian MacKaye, Fugazi

98 - Montreal
    00 - Montreal
    03 - Toronto, Montreal
    04 - Boston (Show #1)
    05 - Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    06 - Toronto (Show #1)
    09 - Toronto, Philly (Show #3-4)
    10 - Cleveland
    11 - Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa
    13 - London (ON), Philly (x2)
    16 - QC - Ottawa

• Options
    List of guitar players better than Tom Morello:

1. Django Reinhardt
    2. Nigel Tufnel
    3. My dad
    4. That guy from Boston
  • Options
    whidbeywhidbey ATX Posts: 57
    My personal favorite guitarist is Mark Knopfler. He doesn't shred the fastest but every damn note he plays means something:

Mark Knopfler is amazing. We've seen him live a couple of times and it's always a magic night.

Morello and Vedder were in Austin last year for the South by Body of War premiere. Morello put on a great set but Eddie left town early that day.
    W. Palm Beach-1 08/00, Seattle Groundwork 10/01, Seattle 1&2 12/02,
    San Antonio 04/03, Raleigh 04/03, Dallas 06/03, Gorge 09/05, Vancouver 09/05, LA II 07/06, Tampa 06/08, Chicago II 08/09, ACL 10/09, Vedder solo 1&2 10/12, Dallas 11/13, ACL 10/14 1&2, OKC 2022, ATX 9/23 1&2
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    whidbey wrote:
    My personal favorite guitarist is Mark Knopfler. He doesn't shred the fastest but every damn note he plays means something:

Mark Knopfler is amazing. We've seen him live a couple of times and it's always a magic night.

Morello and Vedder were in Austin last year for the South by Body of War premiere. Morello put on a great set but Eddie left town early that day.
    I love that more people love Mark Knopfler! Every time I listen to Brothers in Arms it truly moves me... such expressive singing and guitar-playing... simple, and beautiful - with phenomenal tone on both fronts.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1