New Les Paul for my Dad!!

keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
edited June 2009 in Musicians and Gearheads
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1 ... =512465746

It's a 1990 Les Paul Standard in a rare color! It sounds just like a Les Paul should, it's absolutley amazing!
Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1916690&l=37d408d26d&id=512465746

It's a 1990 Les Paul Standard in a rare color! It sounds just like a Les Paul should, it's absolutley amazing!

YES DUDE YES! i swear i wish you were my son!

Where'd u get it? I've been looking for THAT guitar for a long time now...someone once said the color is Cake Batter
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446

Where'd u get it? I've been looking for THAT guitar for a long time now...someone once said the color is Cake Batter
    I found it on ebay around xmas time... Here's the story...

Before I was born, my dad had just graduated and finally had money... He was playing in his old band again so he bought him self one in 87... Four years later I was born, and the guitar sat in the closet, and we needed a yard in the back. So, he sold the guitar and I had a lawn to play in. Fast forward 10 years I start playing guitar and he sorta always says that if he could have one back, it could be that one... Starting over a year ago, we started looking at one for his 50th, and we finally found one after a year of looking. We bought it and we gave it to him today! He was in tears, I've never seen him cry like that before... It was seriously amazing...

Sounds fucking amazing... It may have single-handidly converted me into a Gibson guy.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146

Before I was born, my dad had just graduated and finally had money... He was playing in his old band again so he bought him self one in 87... Four years later I was born, and the guitar sat in the closet, and we needed a yard in the back. So, he sold the guitar and I had a lawn to play in. Fast forward 10 years I start playing guitar and he sorta always says that if he could have one back, it could be that one... Starting over a year ago, we started looking at one for his 50th, and we finally found one after a year of looking. We bought it and we gave it to him today! He was in tears, I've never seen him cry like that before... It was seriously amazing...

Sounds fucking amazing... It may have single-handidly converted me into a Gibson guy.

It's a beautiful guitar....I had my hands on one about a year and a half ago in NJ....coulda gotten it for $1600, with the case, beautiful condition, except someone swapped out the pickups for duncans....I shoulda just gotten it cause it played amazingly.

You're one hell of a son though, seriously. Awesome.
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13

It's a beautiful guitar....I had my hands on one about a year and a half ago in NJ....coulda gotten it for $1600, with the case, beautiful condition, except someone swapped out the pickups for duncans....I shoulda just gotten it cause it played amazingly.

You're one hell of a son though, seriously. Awesome.[/quote]

This one has Duncans too but came with the Originals... It cost $2400, so definitley high for it, but we couldn't let it go...

Thank you very much! I didn't buy it, but I'm just glad we found one!
  • EastiesEasties Posts: 479
    Awesome story and what a great gift!!

Beautiful guitar and I hope your Dad enjoys it mate.
    Easties wrote:
    Awesome story and what a great gift!!

Beautiful guitar and I hope your Dad enjoys it mate.
    If he doesn't I most certainly will!
  • TriumphantAngelTriumphantAngel Posts: 1,760

i remember that awesome story.

the guitar is gorgeous, and you my friend are a beautiful son. what an amazing, thoughtful thing to do. i'd be proud of you if you were my son.
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Commented on FB but still, it's a gorgeous thing!
    Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
    JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
    "Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    great story....
    awesome guitar.
    nice work! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ScrapeMySkyScrapeMySky Posts: 426
    I wish I had a son like that. Then again, I'm far too young to have a son like that :) Anyway, Very impressive, moving and thoughtful move!
    Thanks guys! It wasn't all me, it was from my brother and mom as well...

I'm slowly becoming a gibson guy... Shit...
  • Alpine White with gold hardware...never seen that on a standard before, just a studio..cool!
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
    Alpine White with gold hardware...never seen that on a standard before, just a studio..cool!
    What makes the guitar, IMO, is the creme binding!
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,169
    Alpine White with gold hardware...never seen that on a standard before, just a studio..cool!

yeah that is nice. what a great gift for your pop.

i like the creme pickguard and pickup borders (forgot what they are called). the ones i have seen are black. i remember i wanted a white LP standard 7 or 8 years ago and was told that the white ones are only studios or customs, so i got a custom. i like the look of this one, good find KOR!
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."

yeah that is nice. what a great gift for your pop.

i like the creme pickguard and pickup borders (forgot what they are called). the ones i have seen are black. i remember i wanted a white LP standard 7 or 8 years ago and was told that the white ones are only studios or customs, so i got a custom. i like the look of this one, good find KOR!

They were only made for a few years, but they are out there!!