Options

Once upon a time in Albany, 2 days ago...

U R A Crazy BreedU R A Crazy Breed Posts: 8,370
edited June 2009 in The Porch
So i got into Albany on Sunday and was excited as hell about the next few days. The wife and I decide to take a walk downtown to get some dinner...WTF!! the whole shit was closed!! pub's?closed!Jillian's?closed!fucking bruegger's bagels,dunkin doughnuts,pizza shop,drug store,corner store,liquor store.. EVERY FUCKING STORE!!...CLOSED!!!! so we go back to the hotel and they tell us about JACKS on States Street..nice place..great food...DAM..THAT'S THE BILL!!!!??WHO PUT THE EXTRA ZERO ON THAT BITCH??You got Gordon Ramsey in the back??...fuck it..I'm on vacation.....~rape me my friend~..anyway....we ate and walked around a bit to check things out..then made our way back to the hotel.

The next day..day of show #1..wife wants to go to Crossgates mall..nice mall...mad stores...1 bad neighborhood on the way there (OFED warned me) nothing i haven't seen before in my hometown..back to the hotel for a few pre, pre-party drinks and it's off to Jillian's...bought some raffle tix..didn't win shit..it's cool..good cause..(good job Foxy! 8-) )....have a 10c ticket lined up with a dude on the board from Canada..Duffman...cool as shit! (hope to see you again someday Al)....hooked up with him and walked to the venue got my tix (upgrade) and had an extra for sale..i went across the street from the Palace and was like "Yo..9th row..L Orch...50 bucks!! less than i paid!! cops across the street are sweating me but i was selling that shit legal so i was like "fuck y'all!" you should of seen the looks i got by the Albany folk! like my ass was slang'n crack and shit!! for real! it was crazy! like they were offended by the possibility of sitting closer to the stage...maybe it was my Red Sox gear...(i was representing son!) so no buyers for the ticket yet and the show is starting soon so i see this old black dude with a Yankees hat on chilling across the street like he had nothing better to do...so i went over to him and gave him my extra ticket...i told him to sell that shit and get some cheese (money)...or if he can't unload it take his ass in and watch the show...he smiled and shook my hand and said he was going to root for the red sox in their next game! :mrgreen: ..heh heh heh..take that Yankee fans! :mrgreen: ..i told him "that's love from Boston to New York" and to have a good night..then i was back over to the Palace and made my way inside...oh shit..i need that poster..and i wasn't going to get a shirt but the Black and sky "Carolina" blue one was dope..one of my favorite colors..had to have it..beer line was..holy shit..that's what it was..i was in that bitch for what seemed an eternity!! it was like Purgatory, i shit you not..or at least what i think Purgatory would be like...the guy at the door putting those paper bracelets on people so they can buy liquor looks at my Jersey and he's like "dude...red sox!..come on" with this sickened look on his face....i'm like.."dude..i'm fucking from Boston!".he say's "i guess you have no choice"...we laughed...that was about it for the haters...i saw a lot of red sox fans there..i was somewhat surprised.

The Show!! Ed was Ed...I knew what to expect...like MJ in the playoffs...he never disappoints..even when he fucked up miserably on Guaranteed...it was fine with me..anyone hear me yell at him after he finally finished the song? there was a brief moment of silence and I said "You're a little rusty...but that's OK"..i saw him smile so i knew he heard me..i was 5th row just to his right..he was right in front of me when he sat in that foot chair and told us "the story"...classic Ed..felt like i was in his parlor shooting the shit over beers...i was bummed i didn't get to hear millworker but he has changed it up a lot from the 2 shows i saw in Boston last year and that was fine with me...he dropped some gems and it was a magical night at the Palace...the crowd was really hush-hush and not nearly as rowdy as the Boston shows i went to...which was a good thing!!..i came to hear Ed..not some dickhead yell song requests while Ed is singing something else...10,9,8,7,6,5,..breathe..i will not throw this asshole from the balcony.lord give me strength...4,3,2,1..better!....you have seen the set list..it was a great night in Albany..and after all that..there was another show to go!!!