Into The Wild Vinyl Question

Satans Red MosquitoSatans Red Mosquito Posts: 763
edited October 2009 in The Porch
I just purchased and received a Into The Wild Vinyl off of Ebay, I took it out of the plastic protection sleeve and right in the middle of the upper spine of the vinyl there is about a 2 to 2 and half inch rip, it looks to be just a stress tear from holding a book, 33, and 45 in it together, I just wanna know did some of the Into The Wild vinyls come like this from the original shipping from 10c or should I file an insurance claim about it?
Shows Attended
2008 - Bonnaroo
2009 - Chicago 1
2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
2012 - Music Midtown Festival
2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,908
    I just purchased and received a Into The Wild Vinyl off of Ebay, I took it out of the plastic protection sleeve and right in the middle of the upper spine of the vinyl there is about a 2 to 2 and half inch rip, it looks to be just a stress tear from holding a book, 33, and 45 in it together, I just wanna know did some of the Into The Wild vinyls come like this from the original shipping from 10c or should I file an insurance claim about it?

the tear in question was unfortunately a common issue with this vinyl,...
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • DB41DB41 Posts: 539
    I also have a question about this vinyl.

Can I have yours? :mrgreen:
  • Deebs41 wrote:

I'm sorry my friend but no dice, I have wanted this vinyl for some time and saved up the 200 dollars to get it. I'm hoping to wait outside of eddie's tour bus and get him to put seal of approval on it.
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Deebs41 wrote:

I'm sorry my friend but no dice, I have wanted this vinyl for some time and saved up the 200 dollars to get it. I'm hoping to wait outside of eddie's tour bus and get him to put seal of approval on it.
    now that would be sweet!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Deebs41 wrote:

At that time you should send it back to the guy who sold it to you!
    Deebs41 wrote:

Fair enough. Enjoy it!
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,577
    Deebs41 wrote:

what would happen if ed comes up to you, all drunkin up after the show; see's you are offering the vinyl to him (as a gift, not knowing you just wanted a sig) and he takes it with him on the bus? :o
  • strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611

Both of ours turned up like that :( At least we've got copies though :D
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    demetrios wrote:
    Deebs41 wrote:

what would happen if ed comes up to you, all drunkin up after the show; see's you are offering the vinyl to him (as a gift, not knowing you just wanted a sig) and he takes it with him on the bus? :o

:lol::lol::lol:
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • fernando geraldifernando geraldi Posts: 124
    edited June 2009
    Hi friend.

Your vinyl is normal.
    The Ten Club edition is like yours. Vinyl Into the Wild plus 45 rpm No more.

You can see more about on this site.... if don´t know it..... is gorgeous.

http://www.pjcollectors.com

Best wishes.
    Post edited by fernando geraldi on
    Fernando Geraldi
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    demetrios wrote:
    Deebs41 wrote:

I almost fell out of my seat laughing at this post, D :lol::lol::lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • I almost fell out of my seat laughing at this post, D :lol::lol::lol:[/quote]

It was a little mistake guy !!!! laughs.
    Fernando Geraldi
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    I have the tear in mine as well.... :cry:
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    I'm assuming you mean the top seam of the back gatefold? It's not only ITW, it's alotta newer, heavier vinyl.
  • demetrios wrote:
    Deebs41 wrote:

I will proceed to karate chop in the neck
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
    demetrios wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I was gonna show up in a bus disguised as Eddie.

Well, back to the drawing board.
  • Mike GossardMike Gossard Posts: 344
    Mine came like that, straight from the ten club.
    Let's see those 2013 dates in the southern states.
  • Dark StarDark Star Posts: 496
    Why did this sell out so quickly!!!!??? "What the funk is up" - EV
    Deebs41 wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I was gonna show up in a bus disguised as Eddie.

Well, back to the drawing board.

:lol:
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    When I received mine from the 10c the original outside packaging had a kinda dent tear in it..
    When I got the album out it was on the spine of the of the gatefold when I opened it out it was like double the size in the middle of the album .......had the album been packaged the other way it wouldnt have been as bad..
    but because it was the middle of the spine it was like two tears joined together if u get what I mean..

The vinyl was fine...... it did have 2 big greasy looking fingerprints on it tho..
  • bought mine on eBay for $99
    mint/flawless/no tearing

*very proud of himself* :mrgreen:
    bought mine on eBay for $99
    mint/flawless/no tearing

*very proud of himself* :mrgreen:

i got mine from 10club for $30 bucks
    mint/flawless/no tearing

*does the dance of joy*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfPg5LjGYz8

:mrgreen:
  • Many of these had the tear on the binding... it seemed to be very common...

Luckily the ones I have do not have the tears... yay
  • Hey All, yesterday was my 30th and my wife was able to find me a sealed into the wild vinyl as a gift. She ordered and returned THREE of them (she wouldnt tell me her source) because they were all damaged. The one she settled on was the best of the bad lot... the corners were a bit bent and the vinyl itself had cut through the top edge of the cover. So, I got the sense that there arent many in good condition that are available!!