Options

10Club Vote's Setlist for 1 or 2 Pearl Jam shows '09?

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,935
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Wouldn't that be sweet? :D

1 show or 2 show's this tour. 10club member's get to vote online (1 vote per 10club member), what song's to play at that certain show.

What do you think? :mrgreen:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    That'd be cool! :D

But it'd be cooler if non 10c members could vote too that way they could get more input.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    satansbedsatansbed Posts: 2,138
    that would be trés cool, they should do it at a show were they are going to make a dvd out of it or something
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:

But it'd be cooler if non 10c members could vote too that way they could get more input.

For sure's!

But let's do 1 show 10club member's vote, and 1 show non club member's vote.
    Just to balance the force. :|
  • Options
    satansbed wrote:
    that would be trés cool, they should do it at a show were they are going to make a dvd out of it or something

did you say .. DVD? drool.gif
  • Options
    satansbed wrote:

That is actually a great idea.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    Local CrewLocal Crew Posts: 745
    somethings are better left up to ed
    Walk Tall, Kick Ass, Learn to Speak Arabic, Love Music, and Never Forget You Come From a Long Line of Truth Seekers, Lovers, and Warriors. HST

CHILLIN LIKE BOB DYLAN!!!
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Local Crew wrote:

I agree.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    Vedder_Girl77Vedder_Girl77 Posts: 4,335
    Demetrios: You should set something like this up!
    8/29/00, 7/3/03, 5/24/06,6/28/08 & 6/30/08, 10/9/09,10/28/09, 10/30/09 & 10/31/09, 5/15/10, 5/17/10, 5/18/10, 5/20/10 & 5/21/10, 10/23/10 & 10/24/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 9/11/11, 9/12/11, 9/23/11, 9/22/12, 9/30/12, 7/16/13, 7/19/13
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    PJ_kidd wrote:

If non 10C members vote, it would come out Alive, Even Flow, and Better Man every time, so what's the point?

If 10C members vote, they'd have to play No Way, hahaha...

that said, if they would let 10C members make the setlist for a whole show, that would be sick. And they'd have to play a lot of obscure ass shit.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,010
    The band X is letting their fans choose one song each night to play live- which I thought was pretty cool.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Amazing idea.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    I'll vote for Sweet Lew time and time again if this ever happens.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    The band X is letting their fans choose one song each night to play live- which I thought was pretty cool.

I'm pretty sure Chili Peppers did that on one of their recent tours...people told me it was almost always Under the Bridge as the choice...
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    All Request Live!

Ever heard of a band named Ween? They kick ass live and did something similar to this, except it was in the studio. Had all of the fans send in requests then played it and recorded it. If you ever get a chance to see them live, I'd highly suggest it.
    Straight down the center for a hot chicken dinner!
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    Stereophonics recently did this.

I think it is a great idea!
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC
  • Options
    ragejoeragejoe Agawam Mass Posts: 1,413
    LONG ROAD opens my show if i voted for a whole show...

Im torn on this one... ED is almost so good at this sometimes in a way I dont even think it is needed... but at the same time it would be cool... for the 10 c one it would probably end up like the Boston Garden 94 roadcrew show...

As a die hard tho... I would Still pick Betterma/Save it for Later... Daughter / iTS ok

uH OH... AM I GETTING TOO GREEDY PICKING TAGS TOO??? HAHA

Id throw BABA in at the end... with SONIC REDUCER

Madison Square Garden would be my venue of choice for a 10c setlist show...
    1998 Tour- Hartford 9/13
    2000 Tour- Saratoga 8/27 Boston 8/29, 8/30
    2003 Tour- Albany 4/29 Boston 7/2,7/3,7/11 Philadelphia 7/5,7/6 MSG 7/8,7/9
    2004 Tour-
    Boston 9/28,9/29
    2006 Tour-
    Albany 5/12 Hartford 5/13 Boston 5/24,5/25
    2008 Tour-
    MSG 6/24,6/25 Hartford 6/27 Boston 6/28,6/30 Eddie- Boston 8/1
    2009 Tour-
    Eddie- Albany 6/9 Philly Spectrum- 10/30, 10/31
    2010 Tour-
    Hartford 5/15 MSG 5/20,5/21
    2011 Tour-
    Eddie- Hartford 6/18
    2013 Tour- Worcester,MA 10/15,10/16 Hartford 10/25
    2016 Tour- MSG 5/1,5/2 FENWAY 8/5,8/7
    2018 Tour- Fenway 9/2, 9/4 (My 40th show)!
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:

If non 10C members vote, it would come out Alive, Even Flow, and Better Man every time, so what's the point?

that said, if they would let 10C members make the setlist for a whole show, that would be sick. And they'd have to play a lot of obscure ass shit.

Hahah why is everyone so intent that 10c members are way bigger fan then non 10c fans i know some diehard non 10c members
    Shows:
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:

Hahah why is everyone so intent that 10c members are way bigger fan then non 10c fans i know some diehard non 10c members
    Most of my friends that I've seen shows with me since 93' aren't in the ten club. They are just as die hard.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    Most of my friends that I've seen shows with me since 93' aren't in the ten club. They are just as die hard.
    Thanks for backing me up =D

Yah alot of people on here act as if the non 10c members aren't as big fans its so weird.
    Shows:
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:

I wasn't implying that non 10c members aren't big fans at all...I'm just saying if you let EVERYONE vote, then their most popular songs are the ones that will get the most votes, all of which are likely to get played anyway...

If you let just 10c members only vote, you are more likely to see more obscure songs get more votes, although that doesn't mean they will win...

has nothing to do with level of fandom...

">here</a>.
    or

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    Thanks for backing me up =D

Yah alot of people on here act as if the non 10c members aren't as big fans its so weird.

There are plenty of people not in the 10 Club who are just as big of fans as anyone on this board, etc.

However unlike this board, or the Ten Club, there are lot's of people who are Not fans, casual fans, fans of just the first three albums, fans who only know the radio hits. (nothing wrong with any of that. You can be a huge fan and not care for stuff post 1995.)

What would happen if you let 'Everyone' vote on the set lists from outside of the Ten Club is a GUARANTEED Greatest hits set.

So for me personally if anyone is going to choose a set list I would MUCH prefer that it was strictly limited to the Ten Club. Hell, I would rather it just be people who frequent this board. Why? Cause unlike the outside world, I know people on this board are freaks like me who would vote to hear seldom played obscure shit.

I can't know or assume that would happen with a mass audience vote.

AND TO MAKE MYSELF CLEAR.

I'm not saying that people outside the Ten club are ANY less of a fan as I am, in fact I don't think such a thing exists. Who am I to judge someones fandom.

However my point remains. I'm sure I would get a set list closer to my dream set list if only internet savvy Ten Clubbers voted. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Sometimes the setlists jam packed with 'Greatest Hits' make for better shows anyway. Fair enough it's always brilliant to hear a rarity, but rarities are mostly aimed towards the diehards and somewhat alienate the casual fan who mostly don't know these rarely played songs. There's nothing better to get the hairs standing on the back of your neck than a packed out venue singing along as one entity during songs such as Better Man, Daughter, Small Town etc. I think it's safe to assume that the guys feed off the energy created by the crowd, and these songs create the best energy during a show.
    Maybe a 10C selected setlist for a 10C only show would be a better idea?
  • Options
    ParksyParksy Posts: 1,678
    Disagree completely.

no disrespect to anyone.... BUT:

If there's one thing I've learned about SOME 10C members.. it's that they're somewhat greedy. Always wanting to hear that obscure rare song that PJ hasn't played in YEARS. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind that either... but not at the expense of a good genuine Pearl Jam show. We can't take away from the fact that Pearl Jam TREATS us to excellent shows year after year after year always mixing up set lists with their large library of songs. Also, playing sets that are generally longer than any other mainstream band going. I don't mind leaving the set list completely up to them. Seems fair. :)
    Toronto 2000
    Buffalo, Phoenix, Toronto 2003
    Boston I&II 2004
    Kitchener, Hamilton, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2005
    Toronto I&II, Las Vegas 2006
    Chicago Lollapalooza 2007
    Toronto, Seattle I&II, Vancouver, Philly I,II,III,IV 2009
    Cleveland, Buffalo 2010
    Toronto I&II 2011
    Buffalo 2013
    Toronto I&II 2016
    10C: 220xxx
  • Options
    Parksy wrote:
    Disagree completely.

no disrespect to anyone.... BUT:

If there's one thing I've learned about SOME 10C members.. it's that they're somewhat greedy. Always wanting to hear that obscure rare song that PJ hasn't played in YEARS. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind that either... but not at the expense of a good genuine Pearl Jam show. We can't take away from the fact that Pearl Jam TREATS us to excellent shows year after year after year always mixing up set lists with their large library of songs. Also, playing sets that are generally longer than any other mainstream band going. I don't mind leaving the set list completely up to them. Seems fair. :)

I have no problem leaving it up to the band. And love hearing the songs the crowd get into. Hell I'm totally down to rock out with the major hits.

It's just that those songs are always going to get played. So requesting them doesn't really change anything.

If you request DTE, Alive, Even Flow, Given to Fly, and Betterman you are going to get those songs just as much as if you didn't request them.
  • Options
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Sometimes the setlists jam packed with 'Greatest Hits' make for better shows anyway. Fair enough it's always brilliant to hear a rarity, but rarities are mostly aimed towards the diehards and somewhat alienate the casual fan who mostly don't know these rarely played songs. There's nothing better to get the hairs standing on the back of your neck than a packed out venue singing along as one entity during songs such as Better Man, Daughter, Small Town etc. I think it's safe to assume that the guys feed off the energy created by the crowd, and these songs create the best energy during a show.

Agree that a 10C only show would be a better idea for this type of set list if it was to happen.
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    Oz Jammer wrote:

Agree that a 10C only show would be a better idea for this type of set list if it was to happen.
    :roll:
    "I had a false belief, I thought I came here to stay" -e.v.

• Options
    Wilds wrote:
    Oz Jammer wrote:

:shock:

Fixed. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,312
    For me i'd rather they play their upcoming album from front to back complete and then do requested songs from fans randomly picked :mrgreen: ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130
    I'll vote for Sweet Lew time and time again if this ever happens.

"Those were the days... Pre investment spree." *barf*
    ;):lol:
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Local Crew wrote:
    100% agree