Options

Backspacer release kinda like No Code's

bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
edited June 2009 in The Porch
What I mean is that No Code's first single (Who You Are) came out in July of 96 and No Code came out a month later. How come Backspacer's first single is supposed to come out in July this year, and then we have to wait TWO months more for the album?
11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Well we waited a month and a half for the last album.

WWS release date was March 14th and the album dropped on May 2nd.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,413
    That's pretty standard practice for PJ.........and every other band since the Beatles.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    the waiting is killing me
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    just davejust dave Posts: 260
    Not me... I hope it never comes out!
  • Options
    is it actually scheduled for a aug/sept release?
    maybe with all this secrecy they will just release it sooner than we think
  • Options
    STT757STT757 Posts: 302
    bigbadbill wrote:

What I mean is that No Code's first single (Who You Are) came out in July of 96 and No Code came out a month later. How come Backspacer's first single is supposed to come out in July this year, and then we have to wait TWO months more for the album?

Not really, "Habit", "Lukin" and "Red Mosquito" were being played live during the Vitalogy tour, well in advance of the No Code promotion.

The way Pearl Jam does things since "Yield" is to not play new music live until a couple months prior to an albums release, for Vs., Vitalogy, No Code and "Yield" they were playing songs live sometimes a year or more before they would appear on an album. Now it's write a song, premier a song, put out an album all within a few months. Which is why I feel the last three albums (Binaural, Riot Act, Self Titled) have not been as good as the previous albums (Yield, No Code, Vitalogy), I don't think they're putting the same effort into the music and it shows.

I have high hopes though as they are once again working with Brendan O'Brien who's produced Pearl Jam's best albums, Ten being the only good non Brendan O'brien produced Pearl Jam album.
    Randalls Island New York 9/29/96 - Oakland Coliseum Oakland California 11/15/97 - MSG New York New York 09/10/98 - Key Arena Seattle Washington 11/05/00, 11/06/00 - PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel New Jersey 7/14/03 - Tweeter Center Camden New Jersey 5/28/06, MSG New York New York 06/25/08, Spectrum Arena Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10/27/09
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    STT757 wrote:
    bigbadbill wrote:

Not really, "Habit", "Lukin" and "Red Mosquito" were being played live during the Vitalogy tour, well in advance of the No Code promotion.

The way Pearl Jam does things since "Yield" is to not play new music live until a couple months prior to an albums release, for Vs., Vitalogy, No Code and "Yield" they were playing songs live sometimes a year or more before they would appear on an album. Now it's write a song, premier a song, put out an album all within a few months. Which is why I feel the last three albums (Binaural, Riot Act, Self Titled) have not been as good as the previous albums (Yield, No Code, Vitalogy), I don't think they're putting the same effort into the music and it shows.

I have high hopes though as they are once again working with Brendan O'Brien who's produced Pearl Jam's best albums, Ten being the only good non Brendan O'brien produced Pearl Jam album.

I disagree with you on a shitload of levels.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    STT757 wrote:
    bigbadbill wrote:

Care to elaborate?
    Randalls Island New York 9/29/96 - Oakland Coliseum Oakland California 11/15/97 - MSG New York New York 09/10/98 - Key Arena Seattle Washington 11/05/00, 11/06/00 - PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel New Jersey 7/14/03 - Tweeter Center Camden New Jersey 5/28/06, MSG New York New York 06/25/08, Spectrum Arena Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10/27/09
  • Options
    Purex37Purex37 Chicago Posts: 167
    STT757 wrote:
    STT757 wrote:

Care to elaborate?

I'll let Jeff makes his own point. But a lot of people are not going to agree with your claim that Ten is the only good non-O'Brien album. What you said about them working on songs in front of us on the road is very true and there were definitely benefits. Just compare early versions of songs like Satan's Bed or Immortality to what we heard on the album. I still think that most of the songs on No Code and Yield were debuted with the album but I could be wrong. (Definitely heard Habit/Red Mosquito/Brain of J early)

I'm super excited about Brendan being behind the boards again but at the same time I really love Binaural. Avocado is a really good album too. Riot Act is probably my least favorite but I think almost all of those songs sound great live.
    Why go, Animal?
    Foxy Mop in my tree, no way. 
    Gods' Dice Get Right
    Come back amongst the waves yellow moon.
    https://www.instagram.com/knowcode/

• Options
    I'm not saying that Binaural, Riot Act or Self Titled are lousy, I like songs off of all of them (All or None, Cropduster, 1/2 full, Rival, Parting Ways, Of the Girl, Gone, Unemployable, Come Back, Inside Job) but if we were doing an American Idol type of elimination Vs, Vitalogy, Ten, Yield and No Code would be safe. Binaural, Riot Act and Self Titled would be in the bottom three.

Regardless I'm really looking forward to the new album, it's my belief that Brendan O'Brien has brought something out of the band on each of the four albums he produced with Pearl jam. I'm hoping the next will be no exception.
  • Options
    mach271mach271 Posts: 562
    We dont even have a tracklisting!