Options

What are the chances that PJ will do an East Coast tour?

hdogg151hdogg151 Posts: 85
edited June 2009 in The Porch
What do you guys think the likelihood of PJ doing an East Coast tour in 2009 or early 2010?
I have heard CRAZY rumors of a 5 day concert in Phili, which seems ridiculous. Also, with their schedule to play Chicago in late August, head over to Outside Lands (San Francisco) in later August, and then probably play Seattle on 22nd and 23rd of September (those rumors seem to be plausible), the chances seem slim to play any East Coast venues any time soon. Does anybody think they will play the East Coast after they play the West?
I'd love to hear people's thoughts, as I am trying to plan my late-summer, early fall PJ budget.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    hdogg151 wrote:
    What do you guys think the likelihood of PJ doing an East Coast tour in 2009 or early 2010?
    I have heard CRAZY rumors of a 5 day concert in Phili, which seems ridiculous. Also, with their schedule to play Chicago in late August, head over to Outside Lands (San Francisco) in later August, and then probably play Seattle on 22nd and 23rd of September (those rumors seem to be plausible), the chances seem slim to play any East Coast venues any time soon. Does anybody think they will play the East Coast after they play the West?
    I'd love to hear people's thoughts, as I am trying to plan my late-summer, early fall PJ budget.
    Hm. I really feel like it's time for west coast love, unfortunately :(
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,016
    not going to happen this year...probably in 2010
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    hdogg151hdogg151 Posts: 85
    Errr....Ive lived on the West Coast for 4 years and just as I am moving to the East Coast (in August), now they are giving the West Coast some love....Damn! I've been waiting for the West Coast tour for some time now....
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I still have hope for the Spectrum in Oct. even with the "official" hey Pearl Jam is playing the West Coast post by Santos. It's a long shot but my fingers are crossed!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,306
    hdogg151 wrote:
    dont forget south america or australia for 2010..europe is sure too..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,340
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    I still have hope for the Spectrum in Oct. even with the "official" hey Pearl Jam is playing the West Coast post by Santos. It's a long shot but my fingers are crossed!

when did Santos post that ? ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

when did Santos post that ? ....

Think they meant the current info sticky
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    hdogg151 wrote:
    Errr....Ive lived on the West Coast for 4 years and just as I am moving to the East Coast (in August), now they are giving the West Coast some love....Damn! I've been waiting for the West Coast tour for some time now....

I moved from Boston to San Fran in Aug 2004, just before the 2 VFC shows, and just before the Red Sox won their first championship ... how'd that work out for me? :cry:
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    embraceembrace Posts: 849
    Sprunkn7 wrote:

I am still hoping for the Spectrum show... Epic performance in a historical building. I'm willing to travel, wanting to travel to Seattle, praying I didn't miss out because I opted out of Chicago, Toronto and the festivals...
    got a car...got some gas...oh let's get out of here-get out of here fast...
    I hope you get this message but your not home...I will be there in just a minute or so...
    I want to go but I want to go with you.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime. -MT

I've had enough, said enough, felt enough. I'm fine, still in it.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,072
    i'm hoping pearl jam can do a few show's in the east coast of canada & east coast of usa 2010. the provinces of new brunswick, prince edward island, newfoundlan & nova scotia would love some pearl jam passion. also the us state of maine.
  • Options
    hollyster70hollyster70 Posts: 228
    It doesn't matter...what's the saying, "If you build it, they will come"? or is it "Where they play, I will follow"?
    Be Kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I'd say a proper east coast tour won't happen to late winter/spring 2010.. The only possible shows I see this year is in Philly (as my hairdresser told me PJ were booked to play at the spectrum as well as many other rumors on the pit). Apart from that 2010 will be the year it seems. West Coast (not since 2006), South (a few in 2008 but extensive tour is due), Mid West (2006), Australia (2006) & South America (2005) are due.. The last few years they have played Europe twice (not counting the small tour this year) and played several shows in the north-east area (2006, 2008).
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    "hairdresser"
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,942
    I could see them doing 3 philly shows and maybe msg.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    With all the talk of a Philly Spectrum show and an album coming out, I wouldn't be too surprised to see a few dates this fall.