Options

EV Philly Shows Article - News Journal

peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
edited June 2009 in The Porch
http://www.delawareonline.com/article/2 ... NTCAROUSEL

Eddie Vedder
Previous editions of this column went ballistic over the towering ticket prices for Eddie Vedder's pair of shows at the Tower Theater in Upper Darby, Pa., which finally arrive next week.

But Vedder is huge. He's the frontman of one of the biggest touring draws and most important bands that this country can offer. He's now cool to almost anyone of any age who is a fan of any rock genre -- he tributed The Who with his band with a searing take on "Love Reign O'er Me" at a recent VH1 Classic Rock Honors; joined R.E.M. onstage when they were inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame; teamed up with Bruce Springsteen for some live tunes; and even swapped stage cameos with indie-rock king Robert Pollard (he of Guided by Voices fame) when Pollard opened for the Jam a few years back.

Plus, 1990s alt-rockers Local H scored a hit with a song bearing his name.

We tried to find some 2009 set lists for Vedder's current tour but came up blank. On his 2008 jaunt, he served up Pearl Jam originals alongside some pretty cool covers: The deep track "Millworker" by James Taylor, Pete Townshend's "Let My Love Open the Door" and "Walking the Cow," a song by relatively obscure songwriter Daniel Johnston.

The first of two Vedder solo shows at the Tower, which is at 69th and Ludlow streets, takes place Thursday. Liam Finn, the son of Crowded House main man Neil Finn, opens the show at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $78 at http://www.livenation.com.

I like that it says PJ is one the most importants band the country can offer :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,002
    peacegirl wrote:
    http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20090605/ENTERTAINMENT02/906050304/1114/ENTERTAINMENT&referrer=NEWSFRONTCAROUSEL

Eddie Vedder
    Previous editions of this column went ballistic over the towering ticket prices for Eddie Vedder's pair of shows at the Tower Theater in Upper Darby, Pa., which finally arrive next week.

But Vedder is huge. He's the frontman of one of the biggest touring draws and most important bands that this country can offer. He's now cool to almost anyone of any age who is a fan of any rock genre -- he tributed The Who with his band with a searing take on "Love Reign O'er Me" at a recent VH1 Classic Rock Honors; joined R.E.M. onstage when they were inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame; teamed up with Bruce Springsteen for some live tunes; and even swapped stage cameos with indie-rock king Robert Pollard (he of Guided by Voices fame) when Pollard opened for the Jam a few years back.

Plus, 1990s alt-rockers Local H scored a hit with a song bearing his name.

We tried to find some 2009 set lists for Vedder's current tour but came up blank. On his 2008 jaunt, he served up Pearl Jam originals alongside some pretty cool covers: The deep track "Millworker" by James Taylor, Pete Townshend's "Let My Love Open the Door" and "Walking the Cow," a song by relatively obscure songwriter Daniel Johnston.

The first of two Vedder solo shows at the Tower, which is at 69th and Ludlow streets, takes place Thursday. Liam Finn, the son of Crowded House main man Neil Finn, opens the show at 7:30 p.m. Tickets are $78 at http://www.livenation.com.

I like that it says PJ is one the most importants band the country can offer :D
    Cool! Guy didn't do his research too well though - no wonder he can't find '09 EV setlists - there are none so far :lol:
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,025
    benjs wrote:
    peacegirl wrote:
    Cool! Guy didn't do his research too well though - no wonder he can't find '09 EV setlists - there are none so far :lol:
    I was going to point out the same thing!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

That writer clueless!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    He's a big fan.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    Seriously. How difficult is it to determine the tour hasn't started yet?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i am from delaware...

and the news journal is total junk