Options

My theory of Ed's solo shows

davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
edited June 2009 in The Porch
I have a feeling that Pearl Jam will show up for Ed's solo shows. It just doesn't make sense that Ed is doing another solo tour at a time like this- new album, pj shows later on this summer, etc. your thoughts?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    absolutely not.
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,780
    There is no way PJ is showing up for Ed's solo shows. Ed is hitting some towns he missed the last time around, that's all.
  • Options
    Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    Don't count on it.
    What the fuck is this world?
  • Options
    Running In The DarkRunning In The Dark Denver Posts: 674
    Chance of that = 0%
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Sorry no, but I am curious te see if some new covers get played and some new songs of his own
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I actually want the ghost of Hank Williams for $88.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    HeavyHandsHeavyHands Posts: 2,130

PBM

Hank III would be interesting.
    "A lot more people are capable of being big out there that just don't give themselves a chance." -Stone Gossard
  • Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    My Theory....

These shows have been scheduled for a long time. Liam Finn referenced this 2nd leg long before any rumor of actual new PJ songs. Anyway, being on the road, doing Into the Wild got Ed ready to go for the new album and it got done pretty quickly so I think it is just the way the timing fell. They had agreed to do ACL last year and that fell through--but that commitment has probably been solid for at least a year. I think it is actually more about PJ having an album in hand for that performance and others than anything else.
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    greenmannygreenmanny Posts: 766
    Any chance of random members of PJ showing up for concerts i.e. Mike on a show during EV's West Coast Tour last year?
  • Options
    peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    I have a feeling that Pearl Jam will show up for Ed's solo shows. It just doesn't make sense that Ed is doing another solo tour at a time like this- new album, pj shows later on this summer, etc. your thoughts?

doubt it
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    greenmanny wrote:
    Any chance of random members of PJ showing up for concerts i.e. Mike on a show during EV's West Coast Tour last year?

Seems less likely as the Band is based on the West Coast. But I wouldn't rule out some cool guests in general.
  • Options
    i think my theory is feasable bc we have been somewhat misled before. example- on Conan's website, PJ was slated to play something from their Ten Redux album and as we know they played a new one.
  • Options
    megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    Wilds wrote:
    greenmanny wrote:

Seems less likely as the Band is based on the West Coast. But I wouldn't rule out some cool guests in general.
    yea i was hoping of maybe a guest..
    maybe pj comes back to find the culprits at the studio and they show up for the atlanta shows :)
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    greenmanny wrote:

At the 2nd Chicago solo show, Sean Penn showed up for hard sun. not to mention, chris chelios was in a box seat with the stanley cup.
  • Options
    Guitarhero27Guitarhero27 Posts: 2,146
    greenmanny wrote:

Yea - count on Jeff being at the Atlanta shows!!!!!

Ooooo, too soon? (Family Guy Reference)
    9/29/96, 8/29/98, 9/8,11/98, 7/28/99, 8/23,24,25/00, 10/13/00, 4/15/03, 4/30/03, 7/8,9,12,14/03, 10/1/04, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 5/4,5,13,27,28/06, 6/1,3/06, 6/19,20,22,24,25,27/08, 7/1/08, 8/4,5,7,16/08, 8/21/09, 10/27,28,30,31/09, 5/15,17,18,20,21/10, 9/2/12, 10/18,19,21,22,25/13
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,384
    yes,,and was me in the tonight show u watch,,not eddie
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    i think my theory is feasable bc we have been somewhat misled before. example- on Conan's website, PJ was slated to play something from their Ten Redux album and as we know they played a new one.

If you keep telling yourself things like this, you're going to be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Honestly, there are going to be plenty of chances to see Pearl Jam in the future ... but seeing Ed solo is a special treat ... based on rarity, people should be just as excited to see the Ed solo gigs, potentially even more so, than seeing the band. It really is a cool evening.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,018
    MEGATRON wrote:
    Wilds wrote:
    greenmanny wrote:

yea i was hoping of maybe a guest..
    maybe pj comes back to find the culprits at the studio and they show up for the atlanta shows :)
    :mrgreen:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    potnikpotnik Posts: 447
    jimed14 wrote:

If you keep telling yourself things like this, you're going to be disappointed when it doesn't happen.

Honestly, there are going to be plenty of chances to see Pearl Jam in the future ... but seeing Ed solo is a special treat ... based on rarity, people should be just as excited to see the Ed solo gigs, potentially even more so, than seeing the band. It really is a cool evening.

Agreed, the two shows I was able to see in LA were awesome, it is just an evening with Ed and a couple douche bags yelling out Pearl Jam requests. But Eddie really seems to have a good time up there, it is more then just the songs there is a stand up routine thrown in as well.

I don't understand why people buy tickets for an event booked as Eddie solo and hope that all of Pearl Jam show up. We don't ever start threads when Pearl Jam is touring of do you think Eddie will do a short set by himself?

Either way enjoy the show, it is well worth seeing Eddie solo and Liam is really fun to watch as well.
  • Options
    Hatfield78Hatfield78 Posts: 69
    jimed14 wrote:

Well said and nicer than I could have typed it out.

I am hoping that Brendan O'brian comes out and playes keyboards on something in Atlanta or maybe even Stipe coming out for a duet. Either way, I've been waiting to see Ed solo since I first head Won't Back Down from Florida 94 and the Walking the Cow from Bridge the same year. 6/23 is going to be an amazing night and I can't wait!
  • Options
    Running In The DarkRunning In The Dark Denver Posts: 674
    greenmanny wrote:

I would think the best chance of this is Boom in Hawaii. Or maybe even Mike, I think he has a house on Maui.
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,322
    There's just as good a chance of The Zack Attack from "Saved By The Bell" backing Eddie.
    "They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    No chance for PJ. Maybe a special guest here and there would be cool. Lot's of bands out there right now.
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    krzzzymarykrzzzymary Posts: 458
    greenmanny wrote:

I would think the best chance of this is Boom in Hawaii. Or maybe even Mike, I think he has a house on Maui.

Huh?
    Never heard that one before, and this is a small island.

I think Boom may show up at the Hawaii shows.
    At the Kokua show a couple of years ago it was Boom and a couple of local guys on drums and bass that jammed pj tunes. :D
    "You can bomb the world to pieces but you can't bomb into peace"
    Michael Franti
  • Options
    peacegirlpeacegirl Posts: 835
    jimed14 wrote:

I agree 100%
    Very well put
  • Options
    PJStatTrackerPJStatTracker Posts: 2,400
    jimed14 wrote:

I agree with this. It's not gonna happen.
    Ed solo is a great time, though.
    Download the unofficial <a href="http://bit.ly/PJStatTracker">Pearl Jam Stat Tracker</a> app for iPhone/iPad. It's <em>FREE.</em>

PM me with any comments or suggestions for the app - or weigh in <a href="http://forums.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=167611
    ">here</a>.
    or
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/pjstattracker">Join the discussion on facebook</a>

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228

PBM
    no doubt!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    THough I would LOVE to see this, and KILL to see this, I think it is on the edge of impossible. Guess what ticket prices would do to the shows after Albany! HAHAHAHAHA....I'd drop a $500 spot to see Pearl Jam at the Tower!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,759
    My offer from the Conan performance still stands.

If any of these turn into a full Pearl Jam show -- even for one song -- I will personally pay each member of this board $100.

Not. Gonna. Happen.

And, you know what? You should hope to God it doesn't. That Ed solo show in LA remains one of the top live music experiences of my life. I'd hate for that to be ruined by the rest of Pearl Jam. Well, not "ruined" per se -- but those of you who experienced the Ed solo tour before know my gist.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    BeerBaronBeerBaron Toronto-ish Posts: 4,089
    When will these theories stop?
    1996: Toronto 1998: Barrie 2000: Saratoga Springs 2003: Buffalo, Toronto 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto 2006: Toronto x2, Cleveland, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Gorge #1 2007: London, Dusseldorf, Vic, Lolla 2008: WPB, Tampa, DC, MSG x2, Hartford, Boston x2, Beacon 2009: Toronto, Chicago x2, Seattle x2, LA #3&4, San Diego, Philly x4 2010: Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford 2011: Montreal, Toronto x2, Hamilton 2012: Missoula 2013: London, Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Hartford, Dallas, OKC