edited May 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Has anyone been watching this show ?

It's Intriguing no matter what side you're on
My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I don't have a tv, so not watching the current season.

I love the Sea Shepherd, though. I would love to board that ship and go after the whalers.
    I carried a watermelon
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I don't have a tv, so not watching the current season.

I love the Sea Shepherd, though. I would love to board that ship and go after the whalers.

It's intense

Water cannons shooting at them...both sides trading "punches" when they get close enough

I feel like a HUGE hypocrite...I eat meat but yet feel bad when I see the Whales or the Dolphins that get slaughtered :(
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Did I miss the start of the new season? I thought it was tonight. I am looking forward to it. I hope I didn't miss one, but they usually show them again anyway. I watched it last season and love it. From the commercials it looks like we have to see a whale getting harpooned though. That will upset me.

I quit eating meat 20 years ago because of the cruelty involved, but now the reasons include health and the environment also. I can't think of any reason - good reason - to eat meat.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Damn Japanese.... :evil:
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993

It's intense

Water cannons shooting at them...both sides trading "punches" when they get close enough

I feel like a HUGE hypocrite...I eat meat but yet feel bad when I see the Whales or the Dolphins that get slaughtered :(
    I'm eating meat a lot less than I used to. I feel the same way that you do, about seeing these beautiful whales and dolphins getting slaughtered. They are so beautiful and harmless, it just makes me sick...

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497

Do you think Ed and Paul Watson hang out? Mind you, Paul Watson is truly an "Eco-Warrior"...makes all of us British Columbians proud...My mom had a big crush on him when she (and he) was younger... I'm not sure if he helped start Greenpeace and they kicked him out for being all Rainbow Warrior on them - so he started the Sea Shepherd Society....I think....I could be very very wrong...
    be philanthropic
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    I just discovered this show 2 weekends ago and caught the end of a marathon from last season. I also went out of my way to catch the 1st 2 episodes this season.

IMO this is the best show on television.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    can't say i eat alot of whate meat. however, i do like me steaks.

haven't seen the show....if i see it on next time i'm flipping i stop and watch.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    i would recommend it. You dont need to be a nature loving hippie either. Its pretty intense and a lot of awesome strategy from both sides. It also takes place around Antarctica so the scenery and setting is amazing.
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    i loved watching this show when it first came out. so much suspense. chasing japanese boats and keeping them from whaling.
    then the japanese said fuck it and took out like 4 whales in one episode while the eco "warriors" sat there and cried cried while shooting fart bombs with sling shots...didn't really work out

and i am also a hypocrite. i eat chicken and beef like these guys eat whale. but they're evil and i'm not :D
  • OffHeGoes29OffHeGoes29 Posts: 1,240
    The cause is good, but the fact that the crew have little to no actual training in this sort of thing is asking for someone to get killed. They are not a Navy but sure try to operate as one.....
    BRING BACK THE WHALE
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LlMGBZCtXI

Big Midnight Oil fan, went whale watching for the first time last summer, saw a couple of right whales and a humpback, outstanding!!! love this show, kick ass!!! most japanese get it, it's the old traditional cast that still suck, hopefully they'll all be dead soon.
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    So this thread isn't about the South Park episode? Damn.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    anyone eating whale or dolphin should most likely be shot in the groin with metal and wooden hammers.
    japan and some of those Norse countries think they're pretty slick when it comes to whaling.
    guess what fuckers?
    you people are lower than whale shit.

i could shoot a whaler 4 billion times easier and quicker than i could shoot a whale.

why aren't whalers tortured in some dungeon someplace dark, damp, and cold?
    fuckin pricks...
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    quality entertainment.

jeagler approved.
    www.myspace.com
  • So this thread isn't about the South Park episode? Damn.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    la-me-gs-whale-wars-paul-watson-faroes-killing-001.jpg

This Friday night on Animal Planet, tune in to Whale Wars: Viking Shores! It is a brand new, five-part, weekly series that chronicles our campaign to save the pilot whales in the Faeroe Islands from the annual obscenity known as "Grindadráp" or "the Grind".

The five, one-hour episodes will take you to the front lines with the Sea Shepherd crew on Operation Ferocious Isles as we courageously go to the seaside towns of the Faeroe Islands and use stealth tactics at sea — and on land — to expose the barbaric tradition, educate the locals, and defend the whales against this senseless slaughter!

The premiere of Whale Wars: Viking Shores is scheduled to air in the US on Friday, April 27th at 9 PM (et/pt), and in Canada on Wednesday, May 2nd at 9 PM, but check your local listings to be sure of the showtime in your area. It's already available "on demand" with some cable providers.

As a special treat and prelude to Whale Wars: Viking Shores, Animal Planet has created a one-hour, one-episode special that documents our campaign in the Mediterranean to protect the bluefin tuna known as Operation Blue Rage. The special is called Whale Wars: Operation Bluefin and airs on Friday at 8 PM (et/pt) in the US.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :shock: I'm not so sure I can watch this program.... :(
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    chadwick wrote:
    anyone eating whale or dolphin should most likely be shot in the groin with metal and wooden hammers.japan and some of those Norse countries think they're pretty slick when it comes to whaling.
    guess what fuckers?
    you people are lower than whale shit.

i could shoot a whaler 4 billion times easier and quicker than i could shoot a whale.

why aren't whalers tortured in some dungeon someplace dark, damp, and cold?
    fuckin pricks...
    from june 14, 2010
    even back then i was fantastic
    i love me :mrgreen:
    :lol:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Good show last night, what a barbaric culture the people of these islands have fostered. They all deserve to get there fucking asses handed to them.
    Trailer for new doc Seal Wars premiering on Animal Planet 6/8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfTF0DAV ... ata_player