Options

Wedding or PJ??

PearlJenPearlJen Seattle Posts: 30
edited June 2009 in The Porch
I moved from Boston to Seattle in June, 2006. Aside from the Gorge, have not seen PJ at 'home.' So now it seems they are playing Seattle end of September, beginning of Ocotber, so OF COURSE, it makes sense that I am am (finally) getting married on September 26th and then on our honeymoon for 2 weeks - AGH!! AND half our guest list will rather be at the PJ show that will UNDOUBTEDLY be happing the night of our reception, because God, Buddha, whomever HATES ME!

:)
The smallest oceans still get . . . big, big waves
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    PearlJen wrote:
    I moved from Boston to Seattle in June, 2006. Aside from the Gorge, have not seen PJ at 'home.' So now it seems they are playing Seattle end of September, beginning of Ocotber, so OF COURSE, it makes sense that I am am (finally) getting married on September 26th and then on our honeymoon for 2 weeks - AGH!! AND half our guest list will rather be at the PJ show that will UNDOUBTEDLY be happing the night of our reception, because God, Buddha, whomever HATES ME!

No worries... shows in Seattle on the 22nd and 23rd. :D
  • Options
    I can do the 22nd, but have friends staying with me on the 23rd and OF COURSE the 2nd show is always the greatest!! Would it be wrong to ditch them their first night in town?? :twisted:
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    PearlJen wrote:

No worries... shows in Seattle on the 22nd and 23rd. :D

Is this for sure??
  • Options
    jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    PearlJen wrote:

I here you i'm getting married sept 12th and leaving the next day for a 7 day cruise. My biggiest fear is that the Boys will decide to play the Spectrum when i'm away. So Pj please play the spectrum but just not from the 12th - 20th of sept thanks Joe. :D
    Go Birds!!!!
  • Options
    ValleyGalValleyGal Posts: 122
    I feel your pain . . . I heard about Sept 22/23 in Seattle and just about cried because hopefully that means a Vancouver show would be right around then also . . . but I'm going to Vegas for the first time ever from the 18th to 21st and I'll either miss the show or be way too broke to afford to go :cry:
  • Options
    PJFAN_seattlePJFAN_seattle Posts: 2,965
    PearlJen wrote:
    I can do the 22nd, but have friends staying with me on the 23rd and OF COURSE the 2nd show is always the greatest!! Would it be wrong to ditch them their first night in town?? :twisted:
    You could take your friends with you?
    That'd be pretty lame to ditch em.
    Shows:
    Seattle Key Arena 9-21-2009
    Seattle Key Arena 9-22-2009
  • Options
    ValleyGal wrote:
    I feel your pain . . . I heard about Sept 22/23 in Seattle and just about cried because hopefully that means a Vancouver show would be right around then also . . . but I'm going to Vegas for the first time ever from the 18th to 21st and I'll either miss the show or be way too broke to afford to go :cry:

Wow, there are so many of us with this problem! Listen up, PJ - don't make me regret my wedding day!! :D
  • Options
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    PearlJen wrote:
    I know, I would never do that! BUT YES, I could bring them with me!
  • Options
    PearlJen wrote:
    PJ_kidd wrote:
    PearlJen wrote:
    I know, I would never do that! BUT YES, I could bring them with me!
    How many friends is it?
    You'd probably have to buy off ticketmaster so you guys can sit together. Hopefully they like PJ.
    Shows:
  • Options
    These friends do not like PJ, and are flying in from MA that morning, so it would be tough to convince them that a loud concert where I will be totally insane is going to be 'fun' for them! And i loath the Ticketbastard!
  • Options
    PearlJen wrote:
    These friends do not like PJ, and are flying in from MA that morning, so it would be tough to convince them that a loud concert where I will be totally insane is going to be 'fun' for them! And i loath the Ticketbastard!

well in that case just go to the first one I mean what are you gonna do drag your friends to the show and then not sit with them? since 10c only gives u 1 pair.
    Shows:
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,663
    PearlJen wrote:

No worries. Last year's first MSG show was better, so just enjoy the first one.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    yosi wrote:
    PearlJen wrote:

You're right about that.. similarly, last year's night one MSG show felt like a triumphant return to the Garden after five years, this would be a big homecoming show, and the hype will also be on the first night I feel.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    benjs wrote:
    yosi wrote:
    PearlJen wrote:

You're right about that.. similarly, last year's night one MSG show felt like a triumphant return to the Garden after five years, this would be a big homecoming show, and the hype will also be on the first night I feel.
    Excellent! Thank you, for making me feel MUCH better! :D
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,663
    PearlJen wrote:
    benjs wrote:
    yosi wrote:
    Excellent! Thank you, for making me feel MUCH better! :D

Sure thing. Now focus go focus on what's really important, your wedding!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,051
    wedding! you can alway's see & hear pearl jam day's later. a wedding, is something that you & your soul mate will never forget for the rest of you're life. it doesn't happen every few months; well .. for some! :lol:
  • Options
    mrveddersonmrvedderson Posts: 784
    septmember is still monthes away, im sure it wouldnt be hard to have it moved a few days back or so
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,860
    get married at a pearl jam concert... easy :lol::lol:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,051

that would be awesome! ya won't have to pay for a place to host the service; for food, friends, family, especially the mother & father in law's would have to pay for their meal at the hot dog stand's. but the best would be to have boom be the priest & the whole crowd singing hallelujah! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,304
    my sis change her day of wedding only couse pj played for first time in greece
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    PearlJen wrote:
    I can do the 22nd, but have friends staying with me on the 23rd and OF COURSE the 2nd show is always the greatest!!

That is not always the case... i.e. Gorge 06.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,860
    demetrios wrote:

that would be awesome! ya won't have to pay for a place to host the service; for food, friends, family, especially the mother & father in law's would have to pay for their meal at the hot dog stand's. but the best would be to have boom be the priest & the whole crowd singing hallelujah! :mrgreen:

:mrgreen::mrgreen:
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!