Options

Got Toronto Presale TIX but what a bitch

McNairnMcNairn Posts: 284
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I got Toronto night two on the Edge 102.1 presale (2nd balcony) and 10C tickets for night one - so we are good but what a shakey sweaty heart wrenching experience.
I was signed in, registered and past the "enter passcode" stage. Ready to select Wednesday's show. 10 o'clock comes around, nothing, 10:01, nothing , by 10:03 I realize that the icon I am clicking on isn't really doing anything. I guess you have to log in with the "VEDDER" passcode after 10 o'clock, so out I go - flipped to by other browser, waited, waited, got in, got seats, went to pay, logged in as a member (I had preregistered as a member for faster payment), by the time it recognized who I was it couldn't locate my tickets.
I started over again at 10:15 not expecting anything, logged in first, and thank the forces of the universe, I got seats again - this was about the time everyone's orders from their first tries were being booted out of their carts back into the system.
Anyway, I managed to get some seats, I am not complaining, I'm just telling my story.
Let the excitement begin
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Gonzo1977Gonzo1977 Posts: 1,696
    Yep

The exact same thing happend to 2 girls at work. Both had tickets and then lost them as the Massey Hall website server was too slow in processing the order.

I was really rooting for them too... because I was the only one in the office that was able to score tickets on Tuesday through the 10 club.

There's just so much demand for this tour and the Massey Hall shows that it was bound to be a big clusterfuck getting tickets.
  • Options
    here's what I did -

during the pre-sale, i managed to get to the point of entering my cc info...then the server crashed twice!! Needless to say, I was pissed.

I called the administration line for Massey Hall to complain and see if there was anything they could do. I was very polite and explained the situation - the girl took all of my information including cc # and told me that even though they can't guarantee anything, they would try to get me tickets - and that someone would be in touch today to let me know if anything can be done.

about 1 hour later...I get the call.... 2 tickets Gallery Front Row - Booya! I can pick them up tonight!

if someone wants to try...go nuts.
    Barrie '98
    Toronto '03
    Ottawa '05
    Toronto '05
    Toronto I '06
    Toronto II '06
    Camden I '06
    Camden II '06
    Pittsburgh '06
    Hartford '08
    Mansfield II '08
    Toronto I - EV '08
    Toronto II - EV '08 (this one takes the cake!!)
  • Options
    McNairn wrote:
    I got Toronto night two on the Edge 102.1 presale (2nd balcony) and 10C tickets for night one - so we are good but what a shakey sweaty heart wrenching experience.
    I was signed in, registered and past the "enter passcode" stage. Ready to select Wednesday's show. 10 o'clock comes around, nothing, 10:01, nothing , by 10:03 I realize that the icon I am clicking on isn't really doing anything. I guess you have to log in with the "VEDDER" passcode after 10 o'clock, so out I go - flipped to by other browser, waited, waited, got in, got seats, went to pay, logged in as a member (I had preregistered as a member for faster payment), by the time it recognized who I was it couldn't locate my tickets.
    I started over again at 10:15 not expecting anything, logged in first, and thank the forces of the universe, I got seats again - this was about the time everyone's orders from their first tries were being booted out of their carts back into the system.
    Anyway, I managed to get some seats, I am not complaining, I'm just telling my story.
    Let the excitement begin

Who did you talk to? The same thing happened to me and I called the ticket line and they said that they cant help. Did you call somebody else? I remeber what my ticket seats were, maybe I can see if they were sold or not.
    Grand Rapids 2006 Cleveland 2006 Detroit 2006 Pittsburg 2006 Cinncinati 2006 Kitchener 2005 London 2005 Hamilton 2005 Montreal 2005 Ottawa 2005
    Toronto 2005 Seattle 2005 Detroit 2x 2003 MSU 2000