Options

98 Posters...

gus stillsgus stills Posts: 340
edited June 2009 in The Porch
Just a little heads up. As of yesterday, blackfrancis.net had several 98 posters for sale in the memorabilia section. Picked up Rushmore, Denver and Minneapolis (all signed by Mr. Black Francis himself). Looks like they're down from the site now, but he still has a bunch of his own stuff, sans PJ , up there, also signed, and super cheap!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    who the hell is black francis?
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    How much did you get the 98 posters for? That's a sweet find.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    Labmonk_eLabmonk_e Posts: 26
    gus stills wrote:
    Just a little heads up. As of yesterday, blackfrancis.net had several 98 posters for sale in the memorabilia section. Picked up Rushmore, Denver and Minneapolis (all signed by Mr. Black Francis himself). Looks like they're down from the site now, but he still has a bunch of his own stuff, sans PJ , up there, also signed, and super cheap!

are YOU black francis???
    :o
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    Labmonk_e wrote:
    gus stills wrote:

are YOU black francis???
    :o
    no, he's gus stills
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    You're gonna hate me. Denver was $10 and the other two were $8 each. Black Francis used to be Frank Black, of Frank Black and the Catholics (and another little band before that) and he opened those shows...Wouldn't be surprised if more show up on there...expressobeans shows several other posters with them opening for PJ...And yes, I'm gus stills... :D
  • Options
    over bendsover bends Posts: 1,568
    :shock: :shock:

26 BUCKS?

Congrats man.
    Yield!

3 Decibels Doubles the Volume

• Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    so frank black is going by black francis these days?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    gus stills wrote:
    You're gonna hate me. Denver was $10 and the other two were $8 each. Black Francis used to be Frank Black, of Frank Black and the Catholics (and another little band before that) and he opened those shows...Wouldn't be surprised if more show up on there...expressobeans shows several other posters with them opening for PJ...And yes, I'm gus stills... :D

$8 for Minneapolis???? Are you fucking serious!???!! :shock: :x

I bought mine on eBay a while back, and its not in MINT condition, but decent, and uhh.....I don't even want to say what I paid for it! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    LoveBoatAdmiralLoveBoatAdmiral Posts: 1,191
    gus stills wrote:

Are you being coy or did you forget to mention the pixies, one of the greatest bands to come out of the 80's?
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    gus stills wrote:
    wah wah wah whaaaaaat?

great find! ive wanted that denver one forever! i wish you had gotten extras! limit of 1 i take it? ill have to start keeping an eye on that site...

• Options
    Yeah. I ran into him in Eugene last week, which led to me checking out his site...Helluva nice guy--gave me his latest two (awesome!) solo discs...
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    Thank for the heads up.
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    There was a limit of four when I hit buy. Got two Rushmores, one for my bro, and one of each of the others. Denver showed up a little worse for the wear but the others are in good condition. But they were all signed by BF himself...
  • Options
    gus stills wrote:
    There was a limit of four when I hit buy. Got two Rushmores, one for my bro, and one of each of the others. Denver showed up a little worse for the wear but the others are in good condition. But they were all signed by BF himself...
    that is too cool... the flipper in me wouldve bought as many as possible at those prices :lol:

sorry your denvers banged up... hopefully its ok when its framed

• Options
    Thanks! Think it'll look okay with the proper matte. Sorry for the late notice, by the time I got around to posting they were gone. But I'll just say that when I delivered to his office (I work for UPS), there was an awesome stack of posters chilling on a table there. Keep checking the site! Hopefully they have some Portland posters too! That would make my day--first show. 18 years old, didn't have a clue that all these years later PJ would still be my favorite band!!
  • Options
    emailed BF after you started this thread to see if they had anymore for sale later on... they emailed me today that they had put more up... presumably after the fact cause i was at my computer at the time and they had already sold out... FUCK :x

anyone from here score one today?

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    LukinFan wrote:

"Me, I've been gaining weight. I'm up to 250 now. Black Francis ain't got nothing on me."

You should find that show. A PJ classic. Every PJ fan should be familiar.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    PJBuckeyePJBuckeye Posts: 1,102
    sgossard3 wrote:
    emailed BF after you started this thread to see if they had anymore for sale later on... they emailed me today that they had put more up... presumably after the fact cause i was at my computer at the time and they had already sold out... FUCK :x

anyone from here score one today?

me too, i missed out
    Chicago 6/29/98 - Nashville 8/17/00 - Cleveland 4/25/03- Chicago 6/18/03
    Chicago 5/16/06 - Milwaukee 6/30/06 - Bonnaroo 6/14/08 - Milwaukee (EV)8/19/08
    Chicago 8/23/09 - St. Louis 5/4/10 - East Troy 9/3/11 - East Troy 9/4/11
    Minor League Park 7/19/13 - Milwaukee 10-20-14 - Bonnaroo 6/11/16
    Minor League Park 8/20/16 - Minor League Park 8/22/16
    Minor League Park 8/18/18 - Minor League Park 8/20/18 - Los Angeles 4/16/20
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956
    shocked these were going so cheap. are the 2nd's or something?
  • Options
    demetrios wrote:
    shocked these were going so cheap. are the 2nd's or something?
    didnt get the details... im sure theyve just been sitting around in storage or something... gus did say that one of his was a little banged up (whether that was from the mail or not i dunno)... VERY cool of BF to keep the priceless so low when he no doubt knows he couldve easily charged $200+ and sold all of them just as fast

i was kindof bummed that they would just send me an email saying theyre up again instead of putting the denver one i had asked about aside after i emailed... but i guess fair is fair... and i clearly underestimated just how many people check in on that site

• Options
    LoveBoatAdmiralLoveBoatAdmiral Posts: 1,191
    That makes three of us that email the site this week. I wonder if they realize what those were worth?
    2006- Boston I
    2008- Boston I+II
    2009- Toronto, Philly III+IV
    2010- Bristow, Hartford, Boston, Newark
  • Options
    That makes three of us that email the site this week. I wonder if they realize what those were worth?
    i for one would not be ok with selling them at market value when he probably got them all for free back then AND was only the supporting act... seems like crazy inflation should be a decision reserved for the artist

i mean the price they sold for on the site was probably the same they sold for back in '98 right?

plus based on the prices of everything else on his site, hes just doing what he can to keep things affordable... nice to still see some musicians doing that :?

i am still so bummed about missing out on this

• Options
    lukinvedderlukinvedder Posts: 203
    LukinFan wrote:

frank black of the pixies :D
    Christchurch, New Zealand 2009

• Options
    eldarion75eldarion75 Posts: 2,488
    One of the greatest songwriters of our time both in and out of Pixies and one of Stone's favourite songwriters too in fact!
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Well, I wish Frank's sig wasn't so large through the image area, but, I do love Frank Black .... and for a combined $21 (which included shipping) ... this was a pretty good deal.

PJ98Chi-Rush-1.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    jimed14 wrote:
    Well, I wish Frank's sig wasn't so large through the image area, but, I do love Frank Black .... and for a combined $21 (which included shipping) ... this was a pretty good deal.

PJ98Chi-Rush-1.jpg

wow those are damn cool even with the big sig's. nice job.
  • Options
    Those look great! That Troy one wasn't one of the ones I saw at his office...hmm...I'll be checking out the site a little more often now too...
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    gus stills wrote:
    Those look great! That Troy one wasn't one of the ones I saw at his office...hmm...I'll be checking out the site a little more often now too...

now, if only Ben Harper would do the same thing with the 98 Mansfield poster ... I'd be a ver happy man.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,516
    So.....this is the guy from Tropic Thunder???? :o:o:mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

PJ98Chi-Rush-1.jpg
    you lucky bastard! lets just let this go away now so i can stop kicking myself... the one time i leave the computer to help my sister move out of her classroom these go on sale and i miss out! :x

franks sigs are definitely larger than i would've liked... but you certainly cant complain for that price

ill keep an eye on his site... though it sounds like hes all sold out now