Options

*** Lollapalooza Brazil Fanviews Here 3/31/13 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,928
edited February 2014 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam
Lollapalooza Brazil
Sao Paulo, Br.
March 31, 2013
Set List

01. Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
02. Why Go
03. Interstellar Overdrive-(Barrett, Mason, Waters, Wright)
04. Corduroy
05. Comatose

(Ed checks with the crowd to make sure they are all okay.  He wishes them happy Easter in Portuguese and says, “This is a chocolate egg called Ole´”)

06. Olé
07. Do The Evolution (crowd sings along with Stone’s guitar)

(Ed starts playing “Wishlist” and says, “This is for April”)

08. Wishlist (crowd briefly sings verse melody during outro)
09. Got Some
10. Even Flow
11. Nothing Man
12. Insignificance

(During the guitar change the crowd sings “Olé Pearl Jam”)

13. Daughter/W.M.A
14. World Wide Suicide

(Ed apologizes for speaking in English but his Portuguese sounds like “shit”.  He mentions the band are in the middle of making a record and if the show had been anywhere else they probably wouldn’t have been able to make it.  Since the shows were in South America and started here in Brazil they couldn’t say no.  He thanks the crowd for coming out on a Sunday and asks them to help sing the next song.)

15. Jeremy
16. Unthought Known
17. State Of Love And Trust
18. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 1

(Ed says he would like to raise a toast and begins toasting all the bands he can remember playing the festival as well as the audience.)

19. Given To Fly
20. Not For You/Modern Girl-(Sleater Kinney)

(Ed addresses the crowd in Portuguese.)

21. Better Man/Save It For Later-(Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling)
22. Black

(In Portuguese Ed talks about his friends the Ramones)

23. I Believe In Miracles -(Ramone, Rey)

(short round of “Hey Ho, Let’s Go” from the audience)

24. Go
25. Alive
26. Baba O’Riley-(Townshend)

(Ed wishes the crowd well.  He thanks them for taking care of each other and for being one of the best audiences there is to play for)

27. Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you! :)
Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Thank Sea!!!!lets have a great year of alot of shows and tour!!!! :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    heikegheikeg Posts: 11
    Just got back from the show. It was my first South American show and it rocked. 55 000 fans singing along and then the Ole pearl jam chants. Brilliant.
    They did teenage wasteland and I believe in miracles covers which the crowd loved.
    Tonite I totally remembered what an amazing but underrated guitarist Mike is, he was soulful and wailing all at once.
    What an amazing show. BA can only get better.
    Berlin 06-04-2012; MIA 09-02-2012; Lollapalooza Brazil 03-31-2013; El festival Mas Grande BA 01-03-2013; Lollapalooza Chile 04-06-2013, Milton Keynes 07-11-2014
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,942
    Looks like a good festival set...as for the crowd...I think the band could do a Benaroya style show and they'd still chant and sing like no tomorrow!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    BrainofBGA wrote:
    Looks like a good festival set...as for the crowd...I think the band could do a Benaroya style show and they'd still chant and sing like no tomorrow!
    you are so right!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Pjzepp67Pjzepp67 Posts: 445
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuck it...I can't believe they covered Save it for later by The Beat (The English Beat to all you across the pond), so jealous about the whole show and especially this tune.

Not long to Wrigley now.

Well done guys... :D
  • Options
    pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    Pjzepp67 wrote:
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh fuck it...I can't believe they covered Save it for later by The Beat (The English Beat to all you across the pond), so jealous about the whole show and especially this tune.

Not long to Wrigley now.

They do that quite often.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Pjzepp67 wrote:

Not long to Wrigley now.

+1 That's what I was thinking.
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    Sounds amazing!!! What a great set list too :)
    And he who forgets will be destined to remember...
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,846
    How much of WMA was played after Daughter?
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Only 5 songs from the 21st century?! It is a festival, I suppose. I'm sure it was great being there
    93: Slane
    96: Cork, Dublin
    00: Dublin
    06: London, Dublin
    07: London, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    09: Manchester, London
    10: Dublin, Belfast, London & Berlin
    11: San José
    12: Isle of Wight, Copenhagen, Ed in Manchester & London x2
  • Options
    Pjzepp67Pjzepp67 Posts: 445
    morello wrote:
    pjfan31 wrote:
    Pjzepp67 wrote:

Not long to Wrigley now.

+1 That's what I was thinking.

Ooops ma baaaad...107 times to be exact...or 108 if it has not been updated overnight. I really must pay more attention in class. If you're lookin' for me I'll be in the corner facing the wall :fp:
  • Options
    BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,476
    ohhh it would have been so nice to be there.........looks like it was a great night. Hope you all had fun :)
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    dubfiredubfire Posts: 13
    Look like a good show, anyway (no offense to my Brazilians friends), I think the show here in Argentina next Wednesday will be much better. As always. The passion of the Argentinian crowd is unmatchable.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,884
    27 Songs- pretty good for a festival show -can't wait to hear the boot
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    FedecoFedeco Posts: 49
    dubfire wrote:
    Look like a good show, anyway (no offense to my Brazilians friends), I think the show here in Argentina next Wednesday will be much better. As always. The passion of the Argentinian crowd is unmatchable.
    First I want to congratulate the brazilians for the excellent festival they organized. The WHOLE WEEKEND WAS AMAZING, the atmosphere, the place, the sound, the lights, the staff, the beer, the food, the transportation network, all was superb and most important THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE AND THE MUSIC!
    I hope we argentinians add to our incredible passion this level of commitment to have a festival like the brazilian lolla.

I was there last night, I wanted more songs but I realized that the staff supporting the festival had time constrains with buses, metro, etc. Sao Paulo is huge and 55.000 people is a big number to manage. The set list was made for a festival, the classics people wanted, olé as a gift, people wanted to sing along and they delivered the music to do it. I missed the argentinian guitar singalongs, I started to sing them but the brazilians have a different way, it's like oh, oh, oh, along with the drum beats, jumping supporting the tempo. Highlight for me was the melody singalong during Wishlist, excellent, it could last forever and fade the end, very nice add to the song.
    So I'm waiting to catch my plane back home, to enjoy our singalongs in BA, and then heading to Santiago.
  • Options
    Hare ho!!!

May I ask you guys, does anybody know the real reason why the band don't authorize TV live broadcasting? I have noticed that many brazilian people were very upset (and even angry at a certain point) with that decision, because the festival was entirely broadcasted, except PJ concert... It was later explained that it's just the band's policy wherever they go, but I am wondering why and when it started.
  • Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    I checked out some of the videos from the show last night, and Black was pretty epic.
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    Fedeco wrote:
    dubfire wrote:

There is no discussion, hermano... Argentinian crowd is the craziest EVER!!! I couldn't believe in 2005 when they sang even the guitar parts... Hell yeah!!!
  • Options
    Hare ho!!!

May I ask you guys, does anybody know the real reason why the band don't authorize TV live broadcasting? I have noticed that many brazilian people were very upset (and even angry at a certain point) with that decision, because the festival was entirely broadcasted, except PJ concert... It was later explained that it's just the band's policy wherever they go, but I am wondering why and when it started.

Idon't know, but even if it is the band's policy, they should consider that Brazil is a huge country and tickets were very expensive, out of possibilities of most brazilian and most of their fans in that country. If they boast of caring of their fans, they should also think of the poorest ones... I haven't liked this decision at all :nono:
  • Options
    FedecoFedeco Posts: 49
    Fedeco wrote:
    dubfire wrote:

There is no discussion, hermano... Argentinian crowd is the craziest EVER!!! I couldn't believe in 2005 when they sang even the guitar parts... Hell yeah!!!

I felt like a lunatic being studied when I started singing the riff when Interstellar Overdrive - Courderoy were played, I jumped, singed the tones, and then I saw around me, the brazillians with smiles but people took some distance around me, jeje. I really didn't spread the madness, so I went along with them, with the ooohhh, ohhh, jumping with the drum beat, but they learned the Argentinian singalong during Stone's riff in DTE, and Eddie allowed them to sing it twice, yeah!
  • Options
    RozbrRozbr Posts: 376
    Fedeco wrote:
    dubfire wrote:

Ok, the show was amazing !!!

Let's talk about Argentina wednesday.
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    Not too shabby a set list for a festival show.

Much better than the set list for Made in America.
  • Options
    tatirootstatiroots Posts: 21
    I couldnt make it to the concert but apparently everyone had a great time and people who didnt really know the band loved the fact that they played for a bit longer than 2hours. Wish I wouldve been able to go. Its a shame tickets are quite pricey in Brazil.
  • Options
    At the end, they have allowed the broadcast of the show, next saturday... Great new, I was really upset with their negative yesterday... Thanks, guys. :D
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,791
    For the love of God, please fucking STOP playing Ole'.
  • Options
    keyserkeyser Posts: 67
    Hare ho!!!

leolsmathias, it all started with this:

http://arstechnica.com/uncategorized/20 ... utral-net/
    If nothing is everything, I will have it all
  • Options
    please same rare songs on buenos aires....

its seems arg knows the greatest hits or also they know PJ catalogue well?

If PJ decided festival tunes, i will never know....
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,049
    For the love of God, please fucking STOP playing Ole'.
    25txjps.jpg
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    RXAVIERRXAVIER Belo Horizonte Brazil Posts: 3
    Amazing show, as all the PJ made in Brazil before.

I can't wait the new record...Of the Earth is one of my favourites and I sure it' going to be released as well as a studio song.

So, when the Lollapalooza's bootleg will be available?

RX
    12/02/05 - São Paulo
    11/06/11 - Rio de Janeiro
    03/31/13 - São Paulo (Lollapalooza)
    11/17/15 - Brasília
    11/20/15 - Belo Horizonte
  • Options
    keyser wrote:
    leolsmathias, it all started with this:

http://arstechnica.com/uncategorized/20 ... utral-net/

Hey man, thanks a lot!

But the band should not be worried about censorship in Brazil... Before PJ concert, TV broadcasted a brazilian band called "Planet Hemp" concert entirely, which talks and openly supports the drug legalization, specially marijuana. If such band could sing 20 songs about the benefits of smoking marijuana, PJ's speeches and even personal opinions would never be censored. But anyway...