Options

Wrigley GA - Did I miss something?

bootlegbootleg Posts: 506
edited July 2013 in The Porch
Was one of the lucky ones to win the lotto for GA tix, and am purely just trying to figure out how the whole thing "worked." Have been reading the Line and List thread leading up to the show but once the Tenclub sent out the emails saying that you can enter from any of the gates I figured any attempt at a a list would be futile. I made it to Wigley around 230 and figured I would just find the gate with the shortest line and would just go ahead wait it out there.

Thing is I walked around the entire building and didn't see anyone really lined up at any of the gates. There were a few people sitting on the ground and a rediculous amount of people lined up in the merch lines but nothing at the gates. So I figured I'd go grab something to eat and when I came back at 430 there was only about 15 people lined up at gate K and several of them were just trying to get in early to get merch. Walked a little further down and saw a much longer line where people had numbers on their hands and also had green wristbands as well as the red wristbands we got when picking up the tickets. I had no idea I needed two wristbands so I went and asked the Wrigley staff what the green wristbands were for and was told that you need a green wristband and a red wristband to get into GA. Huh? Ok so I asked where to get a green wristband and they told me you can't get one until you are inside the stadium. Never heard anything about that from the 10 club, but regardless how did this group lined up outside the stadium already have wristbands? Was told they weren't supposed to have them yet and that someone passed them out by mistake but apparently let them keep them anyway. So since I needed a second wristband I just waited it out in the shortest line which was back at gate K.

Fast forward to 530 when they were supposed to let us in but didn't util 5:40. I'm wondering did any of the gates open at 530 or were they all held back 10 minutes? I was the 4th person to go through gate K and by the time i got the green band and got to the field there was already probably 200 people in GA. I still got a great spot but was one gate deemed the "official" GA gate and I just didn't know about it? I heard people talking about how they waited 8 hours in line, but again I didn't see any lines when I walked around at 230. Did I miss something?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
    Sadly yes ... But only through fan coordination and security accepting the arrangement

So nothing official - just people putting their heads together
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    we were told by security we could not officially line up until 3, they removed us from the gate (I got there at 07:30, when about 20npeople were lined up already). we then hung out by the statue, and were told that we would be moved inside (behind the merch truck). this was at 1 pm, so that is probably why you didn't see any lines - the line was only visible from the other side of the stadium. at 4 we were moved on further down towards gate m, which is where they searched our bags, punched the tickets, and gave us the green wristbands (those were for all people with field access, not just GA). then we waited there til about 05:40, and were let in. about 15-20 people were already in the GA pit, must have had early access.
  • Options
    crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,374
    GA in Philly....might get crazy!
    Not quite sure how this whole pit thing works, at least by the second night in Philly people will have it down....
    I can't see the whole list thing working at an indoor venue with it dark and people just getting crazy....
    I will be in the GA and will be ready to move around and tear up the floor getting crazy...that's why GA will be great to rock out to some songs like go, brain of j, spin spin and so on!
    Getting pressed up against the stage rail is not always that great, if you aren't ready to ROCK!
    Get in the Pit and try to love someone :fp:
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • Options
    EvenstevenEvensteven Posts: 868
    "Mark it 20, Dude."
  • Options
    bootlegbootleg Posts: 506
    Kathi wrote:
    we were told by security we could not officially line up until 3, they removed us from the gate (I got there at 07:30, when about 20npeople were lined up already). we then hung out by the statue, and were told that we would be moved inside (behind the merch truck). this was at 1 pm, so that is probably why you didn't see any lines - the line was only visible from the other side of the stadium. at 4 we were moved on further down towards gate m, which is where they searched our bags, punched the tickets, and gave us the green wristbands (those were for all people with field access, not just GA). then we waited there til about 05:40, and were let in. about 15-20 people were already in the GA pit, must have had early access.

Cool, thanks for the info! Really wish 10 club would have helped organize something like this so that the information can get out there. I would have gladly taken a spot in the back of the line if I just knew where the line was going to be. Although I'm not a big fan of killing a whole day to wait in line, anyone who has the determination should get the best spots possible. I just think it was a bit of a mistake for the 10club/Wrigley to not help manage that situation better. Having 4 gates open at the same time caused mad dashes to the Green Wristband stands a well as to the GA pit. It was even worse after the rain delay with a lot of pushing/rushing the gates. Especially since they let one side go before the other. I was lucky and got pretty close to where I was originally but some were not and it started to get a little ugly to say the least. People pushing people aside, calling people names etc... Also were a lot of people who didn't have GA wristbands that took advantage of the rush. Just an unfortunate consequence of the rain delay, however it was the absolute right call for them to get people off the field no matter how much we didn't want to.
  • Options
    Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 795
    Best part was when none of this mattered after the rain delay and those not in the know were able to get the rail.

I was there at 9 am and didn't see anything about a line either. Instead I walked in at 615 and got 3 deep on stones side.

Nothing better than seeing the fans cry who didn't make it back to the rail after the delay and feel like they should get their spot back. I waited 2 1/2 hours in the rain at that point and ran faster than them.

Not sure why they started fighting with people and telling them they had to move.

For those planning for the upcoming tour, I stressed a lot about getting there early to get close. Don't over think it. I enjoyed the day with a ton of fans and didn't have to sit in a line with people who were stressed out about getting the rail so they could hold their PJ license plate all show like Eddie really cares.
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14
    Lexington '15
    Wrigley '16
    Wrigley x 2 '18
    Nashville '22
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    didnt you hear , we now use sharpies and paper at our rock concerts for GA. ..rolls.eyes.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    Crazy MarcusCrazy Marcus Posts: 1,823
    Nothing better than seeing the fans cry who didn't make it back to the rail after the delay and feel like they should get their spot back. I waited 2 1/2 hours in the rain at that point and ran faster than them.

This makes you happy? Really? To me this makes you a dick. :nono:
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,218
    quote]

not really a dick but cmon its a pit at rock concert, once the pit was cleared it was all fair game again. I didnt care I had seats

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    crazygeocrazygeo Posts: 2,374
    For those planning for the upcoming tour, I stressed a lot about getting there early to get close. Don't over think it. I enjoyed the day with a ton of fans and didn't have to sit in a line with people who were stressed out about getting the rail so they could hold their PJ license plate all show like Eddie really cares.

Plus, if you and friend are crazy biker dudes, who is going to stop you? It's GA, be real with the lists people...Enjoy the show, get crazy....
    • 1991-11-17• 1998-08-28 •2000-09-01
    • 2003-07-05• 2004-10-01
    • 2005-10-03• 2006-05-27
    • 2008-06-19• 2009-10-27 2009-10-28 •2009-10-30
    • 2009-10-31

*Tres Mts 2011-03-23
    *Eddie Vedder 2011-06-25
    - 2013-10-21
    - 2013=10-22
    -2016 -04-28
    -2016 -04-29
  • Options
    Vedder4PrezVedder4Prez Posts: 795

No, the elitist fans who thought they deserved to be back in their spot bc they thought they waited the longest pissed me off. They were throwing bows also. I kindly gave my spot to 2 girls who were actually polite and didn't act like they deserved it more than me.
    Nashville '00
    Houston, B'ham, Nashville, Atlanta '03
    Toledo, Grand Rapids '04
    Kitchener, London '05
    Camden x 2, D.C., Cincy, San Fran x 3 '06
    Chicago '07
    Columbia '08
    MSG x 2 '10;
    PJ 20 x 2 '11
    Atlanta '12
    Wrigley '13
    St. Louis, Memphis '14