Options

*** EURO TOUR 2012 BADGES ***

Sian-of-the-deadSian-of-the-dead Posts: 8,963
edited April 2012 in The Porch
So, we've come to that time again... The tour starts in just under 6 months and we need to start thinking badge ideas.

Just like 2010 I think we should run a competition for a winning badge design that will be made and distributed to PJ fans to remember the 2012 European tour.

So, here are the rules:

Your design should have the words 'PJ/Pearl Jam', 'European/Euro Tour' and the year '2012' on it. The design should fit on a round 25mm badge.

The design itself should be as clear as possible and a high quality digital image. Large images are better but remember that the badges themselves will only be 25mm when made.

ONE entry per person. I will not be accepting multiple entries from individuals.

Closing date for designs is 16th April 2012.

Voting will start on 17th April and will run until 30th April.

Email entries only to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:gruftyzombie@hotmail.co.uk">gruftyzombie@hotmail.co.uk</a><!-- e -->

Please title your emails 'BADGES 2012' so I don't delete it.

All entries are welcome from around the world, whether attending the shows or not.

Cost for this in 2010 and 2009 was spread across a few (very generous) fans. This year I am also looking for your financial and charitable help...

I'm asking that people donate between £3-£5 to help pay for the badges. The badges themselves will cost around £50-£60 to have made. Hopefully, again, we'll raise over the amount needed to make the badges because the remaining money will be given to charity. In 2010 we donated to The British Heart Foundation and Sir Magdi Yacoub's Chain of Hope; I would like to donate to the British Heart Foundation again and also another charity; your suggestions are welcome.

Any money left after the purchase of the badges will be split equally between the two nominated charities.

When making a payment, please enter the subject as "PJ Badges 2012" so I know what the donation is for.

Could you also please mark the payment as a GIFT so no charges are incurred in order to process it and ensure all of the money will go to charity.

Paypal: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:pearljameurobadges@hotmail.co.uk">pearljameurobadges@hotmail.co.uk</a><!-- e -->

~ Sian xx
Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,214
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    MK1980MK1980 Nottingham, UK Posts: 291
    Awesome - I'm assumming it's too late to get the '09 & '10 ones as I never made it to any pre/after partys?

Plus how do you find out about these things are they invite only or...?
    How I choose to feel is how I am...I will not lose my faith, It's an inside job today.
    Manchester Aug 17th 2009
    Hyde Park June 25th 2010
    Manchester June 20th & 21st 2012
    Leeds July 14th 2014
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    This is really cool! i'll try to whip something together design-wise!!
    Any chance of any past winner pics or submission photos?
    would be cool to see what's done in the past....
    Thanks!!
  • Options
    MK1980 wrote:
    Awesome - I'm assumming it's too late to get the '09 & '10 ones as I never made it to any pre/after partys?

Plus how do you find out about these things are they invite only or...?

I have some spare 2010 ones if you PM me your address...

Not invite only, it's just the PJ community :D I've done the badges for Europe since 2009 and thoroughly enjoy organising it :D
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

• Options
    PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,873
    europeans are funny

badges!! :mrgreen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMwRvAUjZJc
  • Options
    eyejacker wrote:
    This is really cool! i'll try to whip something together design-wise!!
    Any chance of any past winner pics or submission photos?
    would be cool to see what's done in the past....
    Thanks!!

This was 2010's thread :)

http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=127993

Badge 16 won :D

• Options
    any help you need Sian,im in :D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Fancy giving out the badges again? ;)

I can give them to Leanne in Manchester who can give them to you in Berlin?

• Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    I love this idea :mrgreen::mrgreen: I don't have a creative bone in my body (not when it comes to designing badges anyway) but I fully support it :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    Here is the first entry :D

PJbadge.png
  • Options

PJbadge.png

Email, send it to my email ;)

• Options

im in..i start at Amsterdam
  • Options

Brilliant. Thanks. I'll get it all arranged then... You're a star, as always ;):D xx

• Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282

Make sure you have some in Berlin.... I want!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    I'll paypal you some cash tomorrow hunny, I'm happy to help distribute too/pass to Dimitris etc and help out with anything else.

I can't draw for toffee so I shall leave designing to arty types :D
    Dave, I think you've a winner already :mrgreen:
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options
    deftonesdeftones Athens, Greece Posts: 2,444
    Goodmorning, i just paypal some cash for the badges! Goodluck to all waiting for the entries :D
    ATHENS / 30-9-2006, MANCHESTER / 20-6-2012, MANCHESTER / 21-6-2012, AMSTERDAM / 16-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 17-6-2014, AMSTERDAM / 12-6-2018, AMSTERDAM / 13-6-2018, PRAGUE / 1-7-2018, KRAKOW / 3-7-2018, BERLIN / 5-7-2018
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,248
    Money sent :D
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,880
    Oh yesss! Euro badges again...i will paypal you later today! 4 months and 23 days to go for us...amsterdam we are coming!!!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,210
    Oooh yay this is so cool!! I'll have to think about a design entry...... :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,880
    Money sent! :D
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Yay! Will sort some money out at the week-end.

Dave.... I greatly admire your artistic talents. Can another entry surpass yours????
  • Options
    Sian - I sent money but forgot to put in PJ Badges 2012 in the re line - can you let Ian know. Ta :D

I am doing Manchester, Amsterdam, Stockholmn, Oslo & Copenhagen so can assist with the handing out also if needed.

Fleury
  • Options
    iiseeiisee Charlotte, NC Posts: 485
    So very cool...so how/where can I hook up one in Amsterdam?
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,567
    My art skills suck but im gonna have a go anyway ;)
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    Sian - I sent money but forgot to put in PJ Badges 2012 in the re line - can you let Ian know. Ta :D

I am doing Manchester, Amsterdam, Stockholmn, Oslo & Copenhagen so can assist with the handing out also if needed.

Fleury

It's cool. I set up a dedicated Paypal account. Way too organised!
  • Options
    ilockyer wrote:
    It's cool. I set up a dedicated Paypal account. Way too organised!

Nice one Ian :D
  • Options
    Nice to see strong support for my design already :lol:
  • Options
    Nice to see strong support for my design already :lol:

Maybe we should just get a few hundred plain white card badges, you could draw each one freehand, and we could then get them laminated? :D:lol::D
  • Options
    dottlesdottles Posts: 9,136
    Bump ...oh and I sent you some cashola, if you need more then give me a shout :D
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • Options

PJbadge.png

Email, send it to my email ;)

Needs more crayon penis's imo :P
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.