Options

Brad Oct 5 Columbus Ohio

mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,168
edited October 2010 in The Porch
Anyone else attending?
_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I'm probably going to this show. PM me and we'll figure out our own pre-party. Should be a good show.
    Later.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    I'll be there! Let me know about any pre-show get togethers!
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    I'm going too!!!
    Should be a GREAT show.
    :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    really short notice with this, but we could do something close like last time. Maybe just dinner and drinks? Open to ideas. If anyone needs a designated driver , I'm your man!!! :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    *shameless plug*
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=140480

Be sure to monitor that thread as well.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    *shameless plug*

Plug away!!!!!!! :mrgreen: THAT night is going to be fun!!!!

• Options
    *shameless plug*
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic ... 4&t=140480

Thanks for the cross-promotion!

In regards to Oct. 5, I think just getting together for dinner and/or drinks before the show would be cool. Obviously there are a ton of places to eat at in the Arena District so just let me know what you guys decide on!

And maybe all of you can help me in my devious plot to try to get one of the 20th anniversary party flyers up on stage. :shifty: :D
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    *shameless plug*

In regards to Oct. 5, I think just getting together for dinner and/or drinks before the show would be cool. Obviously there are a ton of places to eat at in the Arena District so just let me know what you guys decide on!

And maybe all of you can help me in my devious plot to try to get one of the 20th anniversary party flyers up on stage. :shifty: :D

catscheller,
    Send me a copy...
    e-mailed PDF or JPEG would be fine.
    My e-mail address is on my business card I gave you last week.
    I'll print it out and give it to my contact at Promowest Productions!!!!
    We help post their Saturday night TV Show,
    I'm hoping these guys can assist you in your "DEVIOUS PLOT" :twisted:

Anyone else going to "Band of BRAD" Show:
    As far as getting together before the show...
    There's a Boston's Restaurant/Bar really close to The LC...
    Food service is a little slow here, but bar is pretty quick.
    Also Cotter's is right across the street from Boston's, It's a bit more expensive, but the food is pretty good!!
    You also have a Ted's Montana Grill, Buca di Beppo, Gordon Biersch, & Chipotle within walking distance.
    Any of these locations sound good?? :ugeek:
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    derbydave wrote:
    *shameless plug*

catscheller,
    Send me a copy...

Anyone else going to "Band of BRAD" Show:
    As far as getting together before the show...
    There's a Boston's Restaurant/Bar really close to The LC...
    Food service is a little slow here, but bar is pretty quick.
    Also Cotter's is right across the street from Boston's, It's a bit more expensive, but the food is pretty good!!
    You also have a Ted's Montana Grill, Buca di Beppo, Gordon Biersch, & Chipotle within walking distance.
    Any of these locations sound good?? :ugeek:
    What about the White Castle at The Basement next door? hahahaha :mrgreen:

• Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    It's not there anymore!!!
    I think the White Castle sponsorship ran out a few years ago.
    They changed the name of the bar there from "The House of Crave" to "A&R Music Bar"
    There is a WC up on High Street we could hit if you REALLY want sliders!!!! :ugeek:

• Options
    derbydave wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    It's not there anymore!!!
    I think the White Castle sponsorship ran out a few years ago.
    They changed the name of the bar there from "The House of Crave" to "A&R Music Bar"
    There is a WC up on High Street we could hit if you REALLY want sliders!!!! :ugeek:
    GOD NO!!!!! :sick: I look up restaurants in the Arena district and provide a comprehensive list? Really ,it makes no difference to me. As long as the food is decent and you guys are able to get your drink on , its about the company. Is it not?

Many were listed in an above post. but here's the list
    http://www.arenadistrict.com/where-to-eat/

other options fairly close by
    http://www.shortnorth.org/dining.asp

• Options
    I forgot about BD's Mongolian BBQ....
    This could be fun with a group!!!
    If you've never been to a mongolian BBQ, It's a GREAT time.
    You go through a buffet line with a big bowl and pile in fresh meats, veggies, noodles & sauces.
    Then you give the guys your bowl and they cook it for you on a big stone grill!!
    Any thoughts about this place? :ugeek:

• Options
    derbydave wrote:
    You go through a buffet line with a big bowl and pile in fresh meats, veggies, noodles & sauces.
    Then you give the guys your bowl and they cook it for you on a big stone grill!!
    6 or more require a reservation. If this is where we go, we would need confirmed attendees.

• Options
    *shameless plug*

may be possible. may just be possible. Laura from wishlist roped me :mrgreen: into being street team leader? Received a bunch of stickers and album promo posters and some promo cd's, there was talk of other goodies too? Of course my mind went straight to meeting the band. who knows!!

• Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    *shameless plug*

may be possible. may just be possible. Laura from wishlist roped me :mrgreen: into being street team leader? Received a bunch of stickers and album promo posters and some promo cd's, there was talk of other goodies too? Of course my mind went straight to meeting the band. who knows!!

That's awesome! Are you street team leader for Brad and given Brad goodies?

The one time I worked as a street team member and sold CDs at a concert for a band I did get to meet them. So I wouldn't be at all surprised if you do get to meet them! And, if you can, I don't suppose I could slip you my Brad album to get signed... :D
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    derbydave wrote:
    *shameless plug*

catscheller,
    Send me a copy...

I'll be sure to get it to you as soon as my friend who promised to do a "new and improved" version gets it back to me. :D
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    Hmm, week away from the show and Mr. Smith has taken ill, forcing cancellation of the seattle shows. Stay tuned.

• Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Hmm, week away from the show and Mr. Smith has taken ill, forcing cancellation of the seattle shows. Stay tuned.

scoobydoo.jpg

Ruh Roh Shaggy!
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    Uh...he'll be fine.

Better to miss a couple of local bar shows, and not jeopardize your national tour/TV appearance coming up.

I would love to see Brad next week, but fuck paying $40plus per ticket just because they are opening for band of horses.

Too bad they just don't play ludlow's again :lol:
  • Options
    Uh...he'll be fine.

Better to miss a couple of local bar shows, and not jeopardize your national tour/TV appearance coming up.

I would love to see Brad next week, but fuck paying $40plus per ticket just because they are opening for band of horses.

Too bad they just don't play ludlow's again :lol:

Actually the tickets for the Columbus show are $25 + fees. I thought that was a pretty decent price.
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    My bad, $64.50 for a pair, I was remembering $80.

I suppose if I wanted to see a band other than Brad, it would be worth it.

Especially since it will surely be a shorter Brad set.
  • Options
    My bad, $64.50 for a pair, I was remembering $80.

I suppose if I wanted to see a band other than Brad, it would be worth it.

Especially since it will surely be a shorter Brad set.

Luckily, I really like BoH also, or else I probably would have been with you and not ponied up the money to just see Brad.
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    Yeah, you should have fun then.

Brad is so great live. Hopefully the BoH fans pay attention.
  • Options
    mickeyrat wrote:
    derbydave wrote:
    6 or more require a reservation. If this is where we go, we would need confirmed attendees.

They have a bar there,
    so I was thinking we could arrive on our own and just meet in the bar!!
    Anyone up for BD's??
    Boston's would be the other CLOSE choice...
    Either of these work for the group?
    Can't believe this show is only 5 days away!! :ugeek:

• Options
    derbydave wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:
    derbydave wrote:

They have a bar there,
    Anyone up for BD's??

Since I'm kind of burned out on making decisions at the moment, I'll just say that I'm good with either place and leave it up to you guys. ;)
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14
  • Options
    derbydave wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

They have a bar there,
    Anyone up for BD's??

Since I'm kind of burned out on making decisions at the moment, I'll just say that I'm good with either place and leave it up to you guys. ;)
    Since my employers like to jerk people around , I dont think I can attend dinner.Cant afford much of any thing right now. Gotta love it when a raise is arbitrarily taken away.And without giving you a heads up either!!!!

• Options
    I've got a shoot this day that may run a little past 5pm,
    so it's probably gonna be 6:30 or 7pm before I can get to the Arena District.
    Think I'll just head to Boston's for a quick beer or glass of wine before the show...
    If anyone else want's to stop by... I'll be at the bar!!! :ugeek:

I could sleep
    I could sleeeeep
    I could sleep
    I could sleeeeep....
    When I lived alone,
    Is there a ghost in my house??
    :lol::lol:

• Options
    I'll be at the Cleveland show, but can't make it down to Columbus.
  • Options
    P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,314
    So anyone doing this? What conclusions have we come to. See you Tuesday.....if anyone wants to meet.
    Chris.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • Options
    Does anyone know if the show starts at 7:00 or if the doors open at 7:00? I'd be up for meeting at Boston's at around 6:00. I'll let you all know what I'm wearing tomorrow so we can spot each other! :)
    Columbus, OH 6/24/03
    Columbus, OH 5/6/10
    Cincinnati, OH 10/1/14