Options

ITW lp info

arqarq Posts: 7,936
edited September 2010 in The Porch
I believe it's been confirmed that this reissue is legit. Sorry if this information was already posted!
(I-Newswire) August 5, 2010 - SoundStageDirect, a leading online vinyl lp retailer, announces the release of the “Into the Wild” soundtrack, the companion piece to the popular 2007 Sean Penn-directed film. Marking the solo debut from Eddie Vedder, longtime Pearl Jam frontman, these new imports have been remastered on 180-gram vinyl. Available on vinyl for the first time, this record is a can’t-miss for Pearl Jam and rock fans alike.
The “Into the Wild” project developed from earlier coolaborations between Penn and Vedder. After contributing two Beatles' to 1995’s “Dead Man Walking,” the Holywood icon handpicked the Seattle rocker for his auditory interpretation of the book-turned-film. The result: a softer side, perhaps even more reflective of Vedder. After screening a rough cut of the film, Vedder set out to capture the experiences of young man escaping the trappings of mainstream American society for a solitary exsistence in the as-yet-untamed environs of Alaska. Many of the haunting tarcks reflect Vedder finding another voice outside the confines of Peal Jam. Featuring mainly acoustic numbers that showcase his signature baritone set against only a guitar, the album is a true showcase for an artist stretching his songwriting wings.
While Pearl Jam's storied reputation is well entrenched among rock fans everywhere, Vedder's work on "Into the Wild" shows another side of the rock icon. Available on 180-gram vinyl lp for the first time, don't miss your chance to hear this haunting and inspiring collection of songs as you've never before or for the first time. For more Details please visit http://www.soundstagedirect.com
"The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    youngsteryoungster Boston Posts: 6,574
    Uh, they mean "commecially" available for the first time, right? Cause we all know it's not the first time on vinyl.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • Options
    DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    I get goosebumps thinking about "Long Nights" on vinyl.
  • Options
    youngster wrote:
    Uh, they mean "commecially" available for the first time, right? Cause we all know it's not the first time on vinyl.

Well not everybody is a PJ nuts like us :lol:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    arq wrote:
    I believe it's been confirmed that this reissue is legit. Sorry if this information was already posted!
    (I-Newswire) August 5, 2010 - SoundStageDirect, a leading online vinyl lp retailer, announces the release of the “Into the Wild” soundtrack, the companion piece to the popular 2007 Sean Penn-directed film. Marking the solo debut from Eddie Vedder, longtime Pearl Jam frontman, these new imports have been remastered on 180-gram vinyl. Available on vinyl for the first time, this record is a can’t-miss for Pearl Jam and rock fans alike.
    The “Into the Wild” project developed from earlier coolaborations between Penn and Vedder. After contributing two Beatles' to 1995’s “Dead Man Walking,” the Holywood icon handpicked the Seattle rocker for his auditory interpretation of the book-turned-film. The result: a softer side, perhaps even more reflective of Vedder. After screening a rough cut of the film, Vedder set out to capture the experiences of young man escaping the trappings of mainstream American society for a solitary exsistence in the as-yet-untamed environs of Alaska. Many of the haunting tarcks reflect Vedder finding another voice outside the confines of Peal Jam. Featuring mainly acoustic numbers that showcase his signature baritone set against only a guitar, the album is a true showcase for an artist stretching his songwriting wings.
    While Pearl Jam's storied reputation is well entrenched among rock fans everywhere, Vedder's work on "Into the Wild" shows another side of the rock icon. Available on 180-gram vinyl lp for the first time, don't miss your chance to hear this haunting and inspiring collection of songs as you've never before or for the first time. For more Details please visit http://www.soundstagedirect.com
    just came to the forum for post it.. :) but u did all the job Jose
    cheers :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,075
    I can confirm that I've spoken with 2 live operators at SoundStage and this is legit. Order it up people! Can't wait to spin that!
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    TB RivalTB Rival Posts: 74
    Why haven't they officially announced this on the Web site? They announce every other side project??
  • Options
    TB Rival wrote:
    Why haven't they officially announced this on the Web site? They announce every other side project??

like hell they do.....volcom singles not a word ,,blue fixer not a word,,dont get me started.lol
  • Options
    ike hell they do.....volcom singles not a word ,,blue fixer not a word,,dont get me started.lol

Exactly!
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,918
    TB Rival wrote:

like hell they do.....volcom singles not a word ,,blue fixer not a word,,dont get me started.lol

Don't forget the Amongst The Wave single. ;)
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,488
    youngster wrote:

Well, they said "180 gram vinyl" for the first time. I have no idea if the previous versions were 180 gram.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    SolarWorldSolarWorld Posts: 1,902
    youngster wrote:

Well, they said "180 gram vinyl" for the first time. I have no idea if the previous versions were 180 gram.

I have the original press, its thick like PJs other 180 releases so I would guess it is.
  • Options
    AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,208
    sonofabitch

the price went up $5 on the soundstage site.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    The extended The Wolf will make you chilly...
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    OkOk Posts: 2,144
    Was thinking about ordering it earlier, but waiting for a sort of confirmation just like this. appreciate it arq.
  • Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    vant0037 wrote:
    I can confirm that I've spoken with 2 live operators at SoundStage and this is legit. Order it up people! Can't wait to spin that!

comes with booklet or just the vinyl in a regular sleeve??? :?
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options

For that price even if it come in a white sleeve only is still awesome... 8-)
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    -decodified--decodified- mobile device Posts: 2,686
    arq wrote:

For that price even if it come in a white sleeve only is still awesome... 8-)

you're right... :oops:
    but I think comes with a booklet...

"About Into The Wild (Soundtrack) by Eddie Vedder:
    10% Off Until Release Date 9-20-10. The $31.49 price reflects the Pearl Jam Forum Discount.
    Includes 24-page full color booklet.

Taking a break from his day job fronting rock heavyweight Pearl Jam, Eddie Vedder immerses himself into the big-screen story of a young man who gives all his money to charity and hitchhikes to a new life, and his eventual death, in the wilds of Alaska. Prompted by the film's creator, Sean Penn, to contribute to the musical score, the Seattle musician tackled the entire project, playing every instrument on the soundtrack's nine originals and two cover songs.

This title is not eligible for further discount."
    Bill Graham Civic Auditorium - Jul 15, 2006
    Outside Lands Festival - Aug 28, 2009
    Key Arena - Sep 21, 2009
    Viejas Arena - Oct 09, 2009
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 23, 2010
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 24, 2010
    Oracle Arena Nov 26, 2013
    Shoreline Amphitheater - Oct 26, 2014
    Parque Simon Bolivar - Bogota, Colombia - Nov 25, 2015 - MY HOMETOWN!!!
    Madison Square Garden - May 01, 2016
    Madison Square Garden - May 02, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field - Aug 22, 2016 - MY B-DAY!!!

dL7POFOTD9H0c.gif
  • Options

Now we only have to wait to see if it comes with the 7" single...
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    this is the same one that i ordered from aural exploits, right? :? i sure hope so!!! 8-)
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    youngster wrote:

The original press was also on 180 gram vinyl.
  • Options
    joe2468joe2468 Posts: 3,049
    mfc2006 wrote:
    this is the same one that i ordered from aural exploits, right? :? i sure hope so!!! 8-)

yes it is .... i also ordered one..
    have you seen the colors of my fathers eyes
  • Options
    arq wrote:

Now we only have to wait to see if it comes with the 7" single...
    I doubt it. Wasn't that just an extra the 10C threw in with it?
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    joe2468 wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:

yes it is .... i also ordered one..

sweet!! thanks! can't wait to play the hell out of this lp!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    and im also sure there is a difference with the catalog numbers on it then the original
  • Options
    joe2468 wrote:
    and im also sure there is a difference with the catalog numbers on it then the original
    You know, that is fine with me. I have the original....and on one (probably drunk) night, i was spinning this record, and in the process of flipping the record over, it somehow slipped outta my fingers and it drupped against my stereo cabnet and has a really nice scratch on (somehow) both sides! :x

I will be buying this one again!
  • Options
    aNiMaL wrote:
    joe2468 wrote:
    You know, that is fine with me. I have the original....and on one (probably drunk) night, i was spinning this record, and in the process of flipping the record over, it somehow slipped outta my fingers and it drupped against my stereo cabnet and has a really nice scratch on (somehow) both sides! :x

I will be buying this one again!

OUCH!!!!!!!!! that sucks ...if it helps .. last month when i got Justins Hamptons AP print for hartford i unrolled it between two sheets of foam core board .....three days later i opened it up to find a corner completely FOLDED OVER ....1"x1" fold top right corner ...
    nothing a good framer can hide....... still sucks though
  • Options
    vanrixelvanrixel Posts: 28
    OK Guys,

for your information: This is release will be official.
    I know this for sure, because I know the company and the guys who make this happen. (friends of mine)

Can't tell you more right now.
    Just take a look at al the represses they already made last year:
    Alice in Chains, Rage Against the Machine, Michael Jackson.

Music on Vinyl has a deal with Sony to repress their back catalalog.
    All goes in conjunction with Sony Europe and Sony America.

No release will be released until Sony approves.

Greetings!
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    From What Records,
    Just to let you know I will be adding the Limited Edition 180gram Audiophile vinyl of Eddie Vedder's Into the Wild early next week. I will E mail you again when its added.

I will obviously be doing a special pre order price on it, which I have yet to confirm.

Speak soon.

Cheers

Tim
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,773
    So it seems the only thing this is missing is the 7" single.

IMO, a very good deal. Unfortunately, if they don't mark it as a re-issue, look for the value of the original pressings to drop. :( If I was an owner of an original release, i'd want a different marking on the label...maybe there'll be a different serial number.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    So it seems the only thing this is missing is the 7" single.

IMO, a very good deal. Unfortunately, if they don't mark it as a re-issue, look for the value of the original pressings to drop. :( If I was an owner of an original release, i'd want a different marking on the label...maybe there'll be a different serial number.
    Who really gives a shit about the monetary value? The fucking album just sounds great on vinyl. ;)

This message brought to you by an owner of the original release.