Options

Is this Authentic??

Comments

• Options
    Considering you cant see a number on the Cert from PSA DNA, and I dont see a sticker affixed to the jersey, I would get the number of the cert and a photo of the sticker on the jersey before bidding. Again, PSA/ DNA is not a Certification from Joe Schmoes Card Shop, they are a legitimate company. I have obtained Autographs for years, and have in some cases gotten 2 signatures from the same person that look NOTHING alike. So for anyone who is interested in buying an autograph, ALWAYS look for a PSA DNA Certification, or a guarantee that the item will pass PSA/ DNA authentication. Check out http://www.psadna.com for more info about the company, and Large Scale Auction Houses like R&R Use PSA/ DNA for Authentication Services for very pricey items.

All of that said, I think this signature looks VERY fake, and strongly question its authenticity.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,609
    IamMine wrote:
    Hahaha!

"Every other Monday, we'll check the autographed items when you all come in for rehearsal. Okay, guys?" Tim says and gets responses with grunts from the boys. ;)

Oh, I'd really love to see the picture of that newsletter! They had, and still to this day, have the sense of humor! :)

I agree that they totally rock! They do pulsate with the PJ community as it is shown with Tim coming here from time to time. :)

Newsletter pocket:
    http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/100Pacer/?action=view&current=DSC00516.jpg
    Newsletter:
    http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/100Pacer/?action=view&current=DSC00514.jpg
    Quote:
    http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/100Pacer/?action=view&current=DSC00515.jpg

The quote was in reference to the 10C's decision to sell tickets for '95 tour via ETM, and reading 10C's response again after all these years i realized it's worth sharing here:

ETM

many of you wonder how we hooked up with ETM and why we chose them to do our ticketing. We had a lot of interest and proposals by many different ticketing companies who supported our efforts. We chose ETM mainly due to the advanced technology in which they use. They currently have access to over 6,000 phone lines through a National Interactive Voice Response network. This is the system which fans used to purchase tickets for the summer shows. Almost 7,000 of you purchased tickets via ETM through the fan club. (Probably more of you if we would have reached you sooner with the mailer.)

For the several shows that took place, the use of ETM's ticket technology seemed to be a step in the right direction towards working without Ticketmaster. Those who attended the shows witness the use of ETM's bar coding system. All tickets were scanned to detect their legitimacy. This was instrumental in preventing and apprehending ticket scalpers, while still maintaining efficient entry into the venues for valid ticket holders. From reading all of your letters, fans seem to split on wether they feel the same way as we do (ironically most of the unhappy people are those who didnt get tickets and aren't a part of the Ten Club). We would again like to emphasize the fact that this is a new system and errors are bound to occur with every trial.

Many of you were confused about getting our ticket offer as we and the post office were about mailing it to you. (We have been working closely for months with the post office to come up with a plan to confuse the hell out of 25,000 people...and it worked! All members as of March 31, 1995 were given a chance to purchase tickets through us for the 1995 summer shows. If for some reason you did not receive this offer, we apologize. This was a special opportunity we were excited to give our members, but was never guaranteed. We discovered this was a large undertaking for such small staff and we thank you for your patience in getting through our mistakes, which we are trying to do. For those of you who missed this time around, we will get you next time in a much more organized fashion. (reminder: we must have your current and correct address to do this.)

Love,

TEN CLUB

P.S. Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody, if you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR.

:)
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    gozzo5058 wrote:

these are legit, the 10C began selling these for $6 post-'00 tour.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    100 Pacer wrote:
    Newsletter pocket:
    http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/100Pacer/?action=view&current=DSC00516.jpg
    Newsletter:
    http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/100Pacer/?action=view&current=DSC00514.jpg
    Quote:
    http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/100Pacer/?action=view&current=DSC00515.jpg

The quote was in reference to the 10C's decision to sell tickets for '95 tour via ETM, and reading 10C's response again after all these years i realized it's worth sharing here:

ETM

many of you wonder how we hooked up with ETM and why we chose them to do our ticketing. We had a lot of interest and proposals by many different ticketing companies who supported our efforts. We chose ETM mainly due to the advanced technology in which they use. They currently have access to over 6,000 phone lines through a National Interactive Voice Response network. This is the system which fans used to purchase tickets for the summer shows. Almost 7,000 of you purchased tickets via ETM through the fan club. (Probably more of you if we would have reached you sooner with the mailer.)

For the several shows that took place, the use of ETM's ticket technology seemed to be a step in the right direction towards working without Ticketmaster. Those who attended the shows witness the use of ETM's bar coding system. All tickets were scanned to detect their legitimacy. This was instrumental in preventing and apprehending ticket scalpers, while still maintaining efficient entry into the venues for valid ticket holders. From reading all of your letters, fans seem to split on wether they feel the same way as we do (ironically most of the unhappy people are those who didnt get tickets and aren't a part of the Ten Club). We would again like to emphasize the fact that this is a new system and errors are bound to occur with every trial.

Many of you were confused about getting our ticket offer as we and the post office were about mailing it to you. (We have been working closely for months with the post office to come up with a plan to confuse the hell out of 25,000 people...and it worked! All members as of March 31, 1995 were given a chance to purchase tickets through us for the 1995 summer shows. If for some reason you did not receive this offer, we apologize. This was a special opportunity we were excited to give our members, but was never guaranteed. We discovered this was a large undertaking for such small staff and we thank you for your patience in getting through our mistakes, which we are trying to do. For those of you who missed this time around, we will get you next time in a much more organized fashion. (reminder: we must have your current and correct address to do this.)

Love,

TEN CLUB

P.S. Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody, if you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR.

Thanks for making my Sunday! That was priceless and probably the most personal note with a side of humor from 10c!

Hey, did the "e" disappear in the newsletter or was it left out intentionally in the "P.S." as to annoy some folks? ;)

These days it seems like people have to be more careful what they have to say.... remember when they wrote about raising the 10c cost with something like, "We know who to thank that for?"

It caused a riot here on the pit. :p

I wish we had signed up for 10c in the early days but whenever we saw the fan club on the new albums, hubby would point out it was for teenagers... little did we know. :p

Now they ought to add a new email for those who are unhappy. ;)

A couple months ago, I set up an account with gmail: i.dont.frigging.care@gmail.com for those who wish to bash me personally. ;)

Thanks for sharing one of the gems with us, 100 Pacer!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    Hey, did the "e" disappear in the newsletter or was it left out intentionally in the "P.S." as to annoy some folks? ;)

there were several typos in the letter ;)

• Options
    IamMine wrote:
    I'm not here to tell anyone what to do at all... but hope you don't mind me sharing my feelings about this individual.

I don't have any respect for this individual at all - I looked at his other items for sale...

He has a poster signed by all five members "that took him some time" during the WWS tour in 06. He's selling this for 349 bucks.

He had intentions of selling them and making profits.

You know how fans who have this exciting feeling of getting their favorite person(s) signing something that will forever be something special to them?

This individual isn't one of them. Boo to him. :p

Okay, thanks for letting me sharing my feelings and you can go ahead and roll eyes at me. ;)

Feel free to ignore me, really! :D

Carry on...*bows out*

You have to keep in mind people need to make a living also no one can be as smart or as talented as other people an if selling autographs is what someones good at doing who are we to criticize them.... And yes a autograph does mean a lot to a fan that wants one and people who are selling autographs are selling them to fans out there that may not ever get ot meet the person at all so it is also a great thing for a fan in some rural town that may not ever get to meet there idol....
  • Options
    the autograph is real people hate on it all you want but none of you are experts on eddies autograph i have obtained personaly from eddie all the different versions of his autographs and he just recently as of a few months ago changed his autograph with this new "E" also keep in mind that no eddie autoraphs is exactly identical to the next we all know Ed likes to hit the bottle of wine during and after shows and how many of you out there can sign your name exactly the same everytime when your sober let alone drunk...
  • Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    these are legit, the 10C began selling these for $6 post-'00 tour.

Thanks for the confirmation!

Regards

s
    s

Montreal/98, Toronto/00'03'05'06x2, Brad Toronto/02, Buffalo/03, Kitchener/05, London/05, Hamilton/05, Late Show Taping/06, Cleveland/06, Pittsburgh/06, Bridge School Benefit Concert/06, Hartford/08, Mansfield 1/08, EV Montreal/08x2, EV Toronto/08x2...
  • Options
    dangerboydangerboy Posts: 1,569
    bump for all the "experts" here who deemed the auto a fake. y'all want to take a look at the klausen/vedder chicago a/p and change your mind?

ebay isn't evil people are

The South is Much Obliged
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,315
    Fake, not fake...it sucks that people sell and capitalize (in such a huge way) on the band's autographs - as someone that would give anything to meet these guys and get a token like that to cherish, it is sad to me to see the stuff up for auction like that. I don't blame the guys for just not wanting to sign most of the time - capitalism at its worst. If its fake or real (unless the circumstances are dire) the sellers should be ashamed of themselves. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    I hope someday a piece of paper I sign will be worth millions
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    I'm at work so i don't have the link...but if you look up "Ed Vedder signing autographs" on youtube you'll see one where it's a bunch of people waiting for him outside his hotel with all the same (seemingly) small poster for him to sign. Ed signed them all saying that he would sign one per person...so yeah if the mood takes him he'll sign for anyone, even "professional" ebay autograph seekers haha
  • Options
    Wanna see some fake ones, just check these out...
    DO NOT BID on them...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eddie-Vedder-signed ... 286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eddie-Vedder-Pearl- ... 286.c0.m14

These people are trying to pass them as real since they have the new E. The photo is a better try than the Cubs helmet but I am almost positive they are both fakes.

Dangerboy and 100Pacer - thoughts?

-GR
  • Options
    DO NOT BID on them...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eddie-Vedder-signed-Chicago-Cubs-helmet-Rare-COA_W0QQitemZ120309411447QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120309411447

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eddie-Vedder-Pearl-Jam-Signed-11x14-Signed-Photo_W0QQitemZ330273733049QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item330273733049

These people are trying to pass them as real since they have the new E. The photo is a better try than the Cubs helmet but I am almost positive they are both fakes.

-GR

going back to an earlier post i made in this thread, something which you touched on: in this day and age of PJ message-boards/photobucket/eBay etc. legitimate examples of signatures appear almost immediately after being obtained, and as a result news travels far and fast RE: the "new E" and fake autographs are manipulated to reflect the latest subtleties.

^^^ both of the sigantures on the 2 items being auctioned off are fakes, in my opinion. the subtle differences between these fake signatures presumambly signed by eV recently and legitimate examples of eV's current signature are too obvious to ignore,...

• Options
    dangerboy wrote:

You second picture appears to be the same signature I have from 1993...I think it is real..
    God Loves Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Those two (dollar bill & pick guard) are both in my opinion real. I would basically guarantee it. Ed's signature has changed several times over the years and some collectors like myself have a real fine judgment as to what is real and what is not.
  • Options
    HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,148
    100 Pacer wrote:
    in all honesty, depending on eV's mood on any given day, if an individual approached in a polite manner and eV felt like signing an autograph he absolutely would. it's pretty easy to spot the autograph sellers in a crowd waiting for eV at the airport/hotel/venue, but eV will still sign autographs for everyone once he starts signing.

as for getting 10C's authentication, which 10C is more than happy and willing to do for ANYONE by the way, it will require having the item mailed to 10C's office where the 10C staffer will just ask the band member in question to confirm the signature.

here's a recent (obtained at Massey Hall in Toronto during eV's recent solo stop last month) example of the LATEST version of the signature for your consideration:

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c256/BeerBaron78/EV%20Poster/EastCoast2287.jpg

the most obvious change that's already been mentioned in this thread is the way eV know signs the letter E in his 1st name, as opposed to way he signed it pre-solo tour, an example of which is the signature i obtained from eV September/'07:

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g136/100Pacer/?action=view&current=Tambourine005.jpg

the same seller selling the Cubs jersey AND the poster you mentioned above also has the following Telecaster for sale, "signed" by eV:

http://cgi.ebay.com/EDDIE-VEDDER-Pearl-Jam-Signed-Fender-Guitar-PSA-DNA_W0QQitemZ230288721092QQihZ013QQcategoryZ53267QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

the guitar mentioned above comes with said PSA DNA certification, but i've got to tell you i have NEVER trusted and will NEVER trust that type of authentication, if for no other reason than the signature on the guitar is 100% fake!

in this day and age where PJ fans are doing exactly what's being done in this thread, which is to post images of legitimate eV/PJ signatures, individuals who make a living knocking out fake signatures have an invaluable source from which to draw on examples of real autographs which they will then attempt to duplicate, in most cases quite poorly. tossing in the infamous "eV wave" in a signature might fool the casual fan into believing the signature is real but even the wave signed on the guitar is bogus.

ultimately, when it comes to purchasing signatures one thing is certain: buyer beware. sorry for the long post, just my $0.02

Damn! ....100 Pacer are you a PI? :)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Options
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Damn! ....100 Pacer are you a PI? :)

Strangest Tribe had me fired ;)

• Options
    DO NOT BID on them...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eddie-Vedder-signed ... 286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/Eddie-Vedder-Pearl- ... 286.c0.m14

-GR

both legit imho

• Options
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d166/jenifa1074/IMG-1.jpg

thought i share, u won't see this on ebay...at my local framer right now getting framed..lol just thought i show it off
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • Options
    http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d166/jenifa1074/IMG-1.jpg

thought i share, u won't see this on ebay...at my local framer right now getting framed..lol just thought i show it off

outstanding!

is it just my imagination or does it appear to you as though eV signed the words "To" and "Joey" to reflect a smiley face? :)

• Options
    100 Pacer wrote:
    outstanding!

is it just my imagination or does it appear to you as though eV signed the words "To" and "Joey" to reflect a smiley face? :)

not sure..hehe , but i had a smiley face when i recieved it..lol
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
  • Options
    not sure..hehe , but i had a smiley face when i recieved it..lol

i know the feeling :D

• Options
    Joey... Where did you get that!!??
  • Options
    Joey... Where did you get that!!??

my girlfriend got it for me, she has a friend who has a mutal friend with eddie in seattle.. its the actual ITW CD autographed
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
  • Options
    You second picture appears to be the same signature I have from 1993...I think it is real..

that sig is on a guitar signed by the whole band circa 1994, given to me by a sony/epic record rep in 1998

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y282/dangerboy96/CIMG0001_1.jpg

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,490
    Just a word on PSA...

The FBI is sniffing around them right now because they have received a lot of complaints that PSA is improperly inflating the cards they grade for a handful of companies that they do the most business with. These are companies that send thousands of cards to PSA and make up a bulk of their business. So I wouldn't be surprised if they are authenticating some "suspect" signatures for their best customers.

So it is safe to say that they have had a pretty good reputation up until now, but it might just start to unravel very soon.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    back from the framer what do u guys think??

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d166/jenifa1074/IMG_1022.jpg
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2