Options

Bad transaction with "5against1-"... (RESOLVED)

2»

Comments

• Options
    DRIVETDRIVET Posts: 120
    BUMP.

Still waiting...

I have sent 5against1- a PM asking if he has shipped the record yet.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    DRIVET wrote:
    BUMP.

Still waiting...

I have sent 5against1- a PM asking if he has shipped the record yet.

Have you asked for your money back?
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    densandensan Posts: 563
    This might help you..I hope.

If you used your credit card via PayPal your credit card co. should reimburse you under the fraud protection deal. I checked with my credit card co. asking if I ever paid via PayPal and PayPal would not help me would they? The cc co. said yes they do not care about the gift option. Their concern is if I paid for something with my card and did not get what I paid for they will reimburse me for the fraudulent transaction.

I use PayPal but I pay with my card and not my checking account. The same goes for your debit card too if it is a Visa, MasterCard, etc. If nothing else use your credit card in conjunction with PayPal for future transactions. Kind of double protection that way. Hope this helps you or any other fan out there.

Good luck and sorry for your bad experience. :fp:

densan
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,990
    5against1- wrote:
    Kat please have this locked.....

:lol: :corn:
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Have you asked for your money back?

Yes, on a few separate occasions. He refuses to do that.
    densan wrote:
    This might help you..I hope.

If you used your credit card via PayPal your credit card co. should reimburse you under the fraud protection deal. I checked with my credit card co. asking if I ever paid via PayPal and PayPal would not help me would they? The cc co. said yes they do not care about the gift option. Their concern is if I paid for something with my card and did not get what I paid for they will reimburse me for the fraudulent transaction.

I use PayPal but I pay with my card and not my checking account. The same goes for your debit card too if it is a Visa, MasterCard, etc. If nothing else use your credit card in conjunction with PayPal for future transactions. Kind of double protection that way. Hope this helps you or any other fan out there.

Good luck and sorry for your bad experience. :fp:

densan

I've gone this route before with a non-Paypal online purchase, and my credit card company fixed the problem, no questions asked. I'll give it another week or two, then give my credit card company a call and see what they can do for me.
  • Options
    densandensan Posts: 563
    You might want to call the Credit Card Co. on Monday since I know there is a deadline or time limit for filing fraudulent matters. Check with them to see how long you have to receive some help from them. I would hate for you to miss that opportunity. Sound like it has been 4 moths, and I think you have been more then patient.

Sorry for not being informed, but why are people asking to have this thread locked? I am not arguing or anything just trying to get educated/informed. I am guessing some folks do not think this is the proper venue to post this type of issue. If not, how else would other fans be informed to be careful? If this is not the proper thing to do I am curious what is the proper way to post to protect others?

Thanks and good luck! ;)
    densan
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • Options
    densan wrote:
    You might want to call the Credit Card Co. on Monday since I know there is a deadline or time limit for filing fraudulent matters. Check with them to see how long you have to receive some help from them. I would hate for you to miss that opportunity. Sound like it has been 4 moths, and I think you have been more then patient.

Sorry for not being informed, but why are people asking to have this thread locked? I am not arguing or anything just trying to get educated/informed. I am guessing some folks do not think this is the proper venue to post this type of issue. If not, how else would other fans be informed to be careful? If this is not the proper thing to do I am curious what is the proper way to post to protect others?

Thanks and good luck! ;)
    densan

I haven't backread since this thread was started but I believe it was the person who screwed the member out of his item/money that asked for this thread to be locked. :lol:
  • Options
    Bennyorr4Bennyorr4 Posts: 307
    FYI, I have contacted dwhite76 and he has removed 5against1 from the A+ list. I thank Don for this on behalf of all A+ traders.

I also warned 5against1 of this happening and if he was to keep trading/selling things here it may become difficult. He did finally send my poster (after 3 months) so I didn't start a thread like this one. Again I feel really bad that I gave him so much time and was so patient with him.

do the right thing here, make it right not only for DRIVET but for yourself because I believe that you didn't rip him off in a premeditated manner, maybe just got too busy and/or lazy. Not that is any kind of excuse but I give you the benefit of the doubt.

Have respect for your fellow PJ fans and do the right thing dude.
  • Options
    KC2917KC2917 Posts: 871
    Holy shit, this is the most frustrating thing I've ever read on here! The dude came on here and tried to make it good, but STILL didn't take care of business??? I'm not all about bashing people, but instead of having an A+ trader list, maybe there should be an F- trader list so you can know who NOT to trade with. Maybe this is naive of me, but I've always just assumed the nice folks on here aren't deadbeats.
    If this was happening to me, I'd be getting all big and turning green and tearing my shirt off by now.
  • Options
    5against1-5against1- Posts: 1,101
    KC2917 wrote:
    Holy shit, this is the most frustrating thing I've ever read on here! The dude came on here and tried to make it good, but STILL didn't take care of business??? I'm not all about bashing people, but instead of having an A+ trader list, maybe there should be an F- trader list so you can know who NOT to trade with. Maybe this is naive of me, but I've always just assumed the nice folks on here aren't deadbeats.
    If this was happening to me, I'd be getting all big and turning green and tearing my shirt off by now.
    Vinyl was sent last week WITH a FREEBIE.....

Let it go.........
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    Bennyorr4 wrote:
    FYI, I have contacted dwhite76 and he has removed 5against1 from the A+ list. I thank Don for this on behalf of all A+ traders.

I also warned 5against1 of this happening and if he was to keep trading/selling things here it may become difficult. He did finally send my poster (after 3 months) so I didn't start a thread like this one. Again I feel really bad that I gave him so much time and was so patient with him.

do the right thing here, make it right not only for DRIVET but for yourself because I believe that you didn't rip him off in a premeditated manner, maybe just got too busy and/or lazy. Not that is any kind of excuse but I give you the benefit of the doubt.

I have alot of respect..... I have traded many posters on these boards, some prolly before alot of you guys joined this forum.
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    5against1- wrote:
    Bennyorr4 wrote:

Nate, do the right thing here, make it right not only for DRIVET but for yourself because I believe that you didn't rip him off in a premeditated manner, maybe just got too busy and/or lazy. Not that is any kind of excuse but I give you the benefit of the doubt.

I have alot of respect..... I have traded many posters on these boards, some prolly before alot of you guys joined this forum.

Interesting....what colour is the sky where you live?
    It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,680
    Never ever ever gift payment for merchandise. :fp:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I wasnt trying to rip him off....If I wanted to rip someone off and totally ruin my rep after almost 5 years of posting it wouldn't be for a $65.00 vinyl.

Gift payments are ok as long as the OP comes through. You always have chargeback through CC which is around 98% effective.

On a side note I sold the vinyl for $65.00 and when I messeged the OP about the charge to ship priority to CA was around $25-$30 he REFUSED to chip in alittle more which iritated me at first, and made it alittle harder to dig through all my vinyls I currently have in storage.....

Anyway he will have his record & Freebie in a few days and hopefully then this can be forgotten.
    This too shall pass.....
  • Options
    5against1- wrote:
    Gift payments are ok as long as the OP comes through.

Man alive... :o
  • Options
    Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    5against1- wrote:
    Let it go.........
    I'm sure it will all be let go and forgiven once he recieves everything.
    5against1- wrote:
    On a side note I sold the vinyl for $65.00 and when I messeged the OP about the charge to ship priority to CA was around $25-$30 he REFUSED to chip in alittle more which iritated me at first, and made it alittle harder to dig through all my vinyls I currently have in storage.....
    If that’s the case then you should have let him know before he purchased it how much the shipping would cost instead of telling him afterwards and then being pissed and taking your good ole time (with many lies and excusses) mailing this dude his vinyl.
    Bennyorr4 wrote:
    well then thank god that was taken care of.
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    5against1- wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I wasnt trying to rip him off....If I wanted to rip someone off and totally ruin my rep after almost 5 years of posting it wouldn't be for a $65.00 vinyl.

Gift payments are ok as long as the OP comes through. You always have chargeback through CC which is around 98% effective.

Anyway he will have his record & Freebie in a few days and hopefully then this can be forgotten.
    Well, whatever. My point was to the buyer and all buyers. Never gift money when buying!!! CC or not (and I personally use my bank account for PP way more often so as not to create debt for myself). It's just common sense and very basic buyers' security to not gift for merch (and if any seller suggested that I do - not saying you did - I would refuse).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    UPDATE:

The Drop in the Park LP arrived today, in the condition described initially (cover in great shape, records appear unplayed). I'm relieved that it finally arrived, and that this particular issue can be put to rest.
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    DRIVET wrote:
    UPDATE:

The Drop in the Park LP arrived today, in the condition described initially (cover in great shape, records appear unplayed). I'm relieved that it finally arrived, and that this particular issue can be put to rest.

:clap:
  • Options
    Not_4_YouNot_4_You Posts: 140
    :) :thumbup:
  • Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    DRIVET wrote:
    UPDATE:

qnjmad.jpg
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Grandmas JamGrandmas Jam Posts: 1,860
    im happy to hear everything was resolved amicably
    Ryan Crooks insists upon himself
  • Options
    i'm curious as to what the freebie was for having to wait for so long to get the package...?

but good on ya for getting it out to him.

praise jesus! amen.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Now I can sleep.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Always nice to see a positive resolution
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    Excellent! :thumbup:
  • Options
    Great, glad it arrived safe n sound. Please accept my apology and this will never occur again. I have traded with many member on here throughout the years.

One particular member that comes to minf=d is ElwayVedder..

cheers NoW buy no other shit so I can payoff my cc bills from the MT trip:):):)
    This too shall pass.....
This discussion has been closed.