Options

***Holy Grail for SuzieMay! (Donation List & Raffle Info!)

LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,024
edited October 2012 in Lost Dogs
Here are the results (drumrollllll)

1. Red Hot Chili Peppers Stadium Arcadium Deluxe Lp boxset sealed shep
2. Ben Harper Welcome to the Cruel World lp JK36392
3. Red Hot Chili Peppers One Hot Minute limited edition Red vinyl sealed RedMosquito02
4. The Who Quadrophenia lp White Discussion
5. Mudhoney 1991's Let it Slide 10" colored vinyl sealed Blredyellow

Winners, please PM Released1980 your mailing info. Congrats! This one was a lot of fun!

:o :shock: All donated by Released1980 (Timmy)

The list of who all donated, in no particular order:

NAUjackfan
JMo
yieldtothepj
White Discussion
elwayvedder
we-were-but-stones
Black Diamond
RedMosquito02
themessenger
Aussie357
rattzey
ziobradipo
Leezestarr313
jjflash
barger395
HesCalledDyer
demetrios
your move now
jwhjr17
oona left
JOEJOEJOE
jbaker67
Kathi
Chief Broom
PJ-Cubs
dottles
bobby dazzlers
rafie
morello
EZ1221C
movaughn
mfc2006
Loulou
theserialthrilla
LarsK13
stipe19
dankind
Dirty Tom
JK_Livin
driftin along
Paulina87
ogey38
JK36392
jweyers
wwsuicide
kellanazzie
deftones
don smith
alphawolf
Savage Tongue
High Fidelity 2000
shep
Attaway77
PJForceofNature
veddertown
mookyb69
boyo79
Blredyellow
Claireack
GivenToLukinKP
smanchac1
guacamolejoe
bootlegger10
RKCNDY
Princess Bulldozer
LeatherMosquitoMan
juancor70
apple
Meg8686
DJ253147
Chicagone
pdalowsky
Released1980
dimitrispearljam
LukinFan

Su May's post:
Suziemay wrote:
Wow you guys. I'm totally speechless. I finally went to the post office this morning (I got the note on Thursday, and missed the post office closing by literally 30 seconds yesterday). Sorry it took so long for me to post, was having picture resizing "issues" :lol::lol:

This means so much to me, I was shaking when I opened each of the packages up and started crying when I read the note. You're all so special. When I first started coming around these parts more often to talk about all things Pearl Jam, I had no idea that I would make so many good friends in the process. I will remember this for the rest of my life and the wonderful thing is even when I'm old and senile, I can at least look at my wonderful gifts to jog my memory :mrgreen:

So, a bit about why these things mean so much to me...

It was around the release of Binaural that I started really getting into Pearl Jam. Light Years was my favourite song for a very long time. Still is one of my favourites but as we all know, our favourite Pearl Jam song changes with our moods. It's also ironically the only studio album I didn't own yet so now my collection is complete! Well, other than Benny Hall but I think the asking price for Bennys these days are just a travesty so I don't really care to own one anymore.

The MSG2 2008 Ames print is the sole missing print from my collection of posters of shows that I have been to. That was also my first epic show before MSG2 2010 and Prague 2012. It was the first time I was on the floor at MSG for Pearl Jam, and felt the floor bouncing right away. Gave me chills because as with everyone else, I'd seen the Live at the Garden DVD and saw the look of fear on Ed's face when the stage started bouncing and I didn't fully understand until after this show. It was magical!

As for the Mr. Brainwash I Woof You ... you all know I'm a bit of a poster junkie. Contrary to what you may think, it's really a newfound passion (addiction? disease?) and happened during PJ20 at Alpine which is why I know next to nothing about the 98 prints that are everyone else's Holy Grails. The combination of the PJ20 experience, meeting BK and the Ames Bros. and Jermaine and realizing what nice people they were just pushed me over the edge, I guess. I'm a sucker for nice people and it added to the pride I felt for being a PJ fan because they were supporting the livelihood of good people doing what they love. So anyway, I saw the announcement for MBW's 2012 Valentine's Day print and I just had to have it. Black, white and red is my favourite colour combination, I love puppies, I love posters, I love street art and I love Campbell's soup. I mean, I would say that this was a print that was designed for me! When the poster dropped, the site was all messed up but I at least got the semblance of a buy button where most people didn't even see it. But I didn't get it and I've been looking on eBay ever since. It's always been a little too much. I think sooner or later I would have caved, so thank you everyone so very much for the help. This is beautiful in person. I take back some of the crappy things I said about MBW (although I do still think some of his prices are ridiculous).

Thank you thank you thank you! Special thanks to Roger, Dimitris and everyone else who organized the effort. Oh, and one more thing... I WOOF YOU GUYS!!!!
snoop.jpg

The goodies:
photo-2-2.jpgphoto-6.jpg
photo-3-1.jpg
AmesMSG208.jpg
MBW.jpg
MBW2.jpg

It all started a few years ago when a bunch of people on the old forum chipped in and bought Demetrios a PJ/RHCP 1991 poster as a Christmas present – basically a way of saying thank you to everything he does for everyone on the forum. Following D, others including myself, arq, ZiggyStar, mfc2006, dimitrispearljam, elwayvedder, Tuolumne Mama (and Little Dirty Tom), Black Diamond (and sons), Chime, Leeze, PJ-Cubs, and most recently nothingman203 have all been graciously awarded their holy grails. I know there has been more, but I don’t have the records of those – sorry. I know White Discussion recently got his grail though!

Well, it's that time again, and after numerous PM’s about this person over the past few months, the next recipient is………SuzieMay (Su May). Many of you know her and are aware of how much she gives back to this community, so please consider donating to help her achieve her holy grail.

Of course when I asked her for her top three grails, she immediately rejected the thought of us doing this for her. After a few more begging PM’s from me, she finally came around.

This is what we are going after for her:

1. Mr. Brainwash "I Woof You" poster. Not PJ related, but Su May blames PJ for getting her into posters, so this works for us!

2. 2008 MSG 2 Ames poster (the red one). It's the last show poster she needs to complete her collection.

3. Binaural LP, US press. (Sealed)

If you would like to contribute towards this grail, please PM me. After you PM me, I'll fill you send you my paypal address and we'll go from there. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM Dimitris (dimitrispearljam), Timmy (Released1980), or myself.

For all those who donate, you will be put into a drawing, where you will have the opportunity to win some great prizes – including some wax!!! One chance per person, with a minimum donation of $5 or more.

If you cannot contribute anything at this time, it's okay, a BUMP will work out nicely, too. Thanks!
www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
1998: Birmingham
2000: Charlotte, Tampa
2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
2004: Kissimmee
2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
2010: MSG2
2012: Music Midtown
2014: Memphis
2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
2022: Nashville
2023: Ft. Worth II
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Love her....... In!!!! :D
  • Options
    NAUjackfanNAUjackfan Phoenix Posts: 2,340
    In! Let's get SuMay her grail!
    tumblr_mtr9t5SROk1r0d33so1_400.gif
    Click to visit the Arizona PJ Fans Page

PJ
    PHX 98|ABQ, PHX, Seattle 00|PHX 03|Arras 10|PJ20 1&2 11|Missoula 12|PHX, SD, LA 1&2 13|Denver 14|Telluride 16
    EV
    Vegas 1&2, PHX 12|Ohana 16
    TOTD
    LA 16
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,080
    never heard of her! :lol::lol:

Count me in please
  • Options
    yieldtothepjyieldtothepj Massachusetts Posts: 56
    Count me in!!!
  • Options
    JMoJMo Posts: 1,071
    YES!
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,458
    Finaly...after all this times we was ready to start this bout Su May
    and postpone for do for someone else cos we was in a hurry to catch up things.... ;)
    we are finally doing it!!! :) ..i think we first try t organize this lke a year ago.. :lol:

let me see some love for this great member of our community... :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    :clap::clap: count me in ! cant think of a more helpful and friendly person on the boards :D
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    edited July 2012
    iN!

Had the brief pleasure of meeting her in Europe :mrgreen:
    Post edited by Black Diamond on
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    I'm in on this! :D
  • Options
    Aussie357Aussie357 Posts: 649
    In for SURE!!! :D
    I'll keep takin' punches until their will grows tired... Hey I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.......
  • Options
    Finaly...after all this times we was ready to start this bout Su May
    and postpone for do for someone else cos we was in a hurry to catch up things.... ;)
    we are finally doing it!!! :) ..i think we first try t organize this lke a year ago.. :lol:

let me see some love for this great member of our community... :)
    :lol::lol::lol: It does seem like awhile ago when we first started talking about this. I'm glad it's on its way!

If you posted in this thread or PM me, you should have a response waiting for you in your PMs

Thank you for the great response all ready!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    ziobradipoziobradipo Posts: 253
    Dude, even if she doesn't deserve it, I'm in! She's the worst person of the forum! Lol

Kidding, probably couldn't think of anyone deserving more then her (besides me!)...

I'm in!!! :)

Sue May... U are great! Miss u! :)
    6.07.2010 Venice
    4.07.2012 Berlin
    5.07. 2012 Berlin
    7.07.2012 Stockholm

Some words when spoken can't be taken back
  • Options
    ziobradipo wrote:
    Dude, even if she doesn't deserve it, I'm in! She's the worst person of the forum! Lol

Kidding, probably couldn't think of anyone deserving more then her (besides me!)...

you dont miss me too? :fp: :lol:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    ziobradipo wrote:

Who the hell would miss you? :lol::lol:
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    ziobradipo wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    jbaker67jbaker67 Posts: 352
    I'm in.

2000: Camden 9/1 2003: Camden 7/5, Hershey 2004: Reading 2006: Camden 5/28 2008: Camden 6/19, 6/20 2009: Philadelphia 10/27, 10/28, 10/31 2012: Philadelphia 2016: Philadelphia 4/28, New York City 5/2 2018: Seattle 8/8, 8/10 2019: Innings Fest 2021: Sea.Hear.Now, Ohana 2022: Baltimore, Camden, Louisville, St. Louis 2023: Saint Paul 8/31, 9/2

• Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    In too :wave: pm sent!
  • Options
    barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    I'm all in on this!! Su May has been a great person in this community and what she did for me this summer is something I will never forget!!

Su may...You ROCK!!

Cheers,
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,423
    Truly one of the most genuine, unselfish people on the board. I'm in!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,694
    I'm in! :)
  • Options
    ziobradipoziobradipo Posts: 253
    LukinFan wrote:
    ziobradipo wrote:

He's got the point! Lol

Will see u in Manchester? Wish Sue May was there too! Lol
    6.07.2010 Venice
    4.07.2012 Berlin
    5.07. 2012 Berlin
    7.07.2012 Stockholm

Some words when spoken can't be taken back
  • Options
    jwhjr17jwhjr17 Posts: 1,938
    I'm in.
    1998-06-30 Mpls | 2006-07-06 Las Vegas | 2010-05-03 Kansas City | 2011-07-01 St. Louis EV | 2011-07-02 Mpls EV | 2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20 | 2011-09-17 Winnipeg | 2012-09-30 Missoula | 2012-11-18 Tulsa EV | 2013-07-19 Chicago | 2013-11-15 Dallas
    2013-11-16 OKC | 2014-10-09 Lincoln | 2014-10-17 Moline | 2014-10-19 St. Paul | 2014-10-20 Milwaukee | 2016-08-20 Chicago
    2016-08-22 Chicago | 2018-08-18 Chicago | 2018-08-20 Chicago | 2022-05-09 Phoenix | 2022-05-20 Las Vegas | 2022-09-18 St. Louis 
    2022-09-20 OKC | 2023-08-31 St. Paul | 2023-09-02 St. Paul | 2024-05-16 Las Vegas | 2024-05-18 Las Vegas |
  • Options
    oona leftoona left Posts: 1,672
    She's got the best emoticons on the whole interwebs. PM sent.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Gosh you guys. Even though I was expecting it because Roger's been very persistent, it's still overwhelming seeing this (not to mention slightly awkward :lol::lol: ) I feel very honoured to have been nominated for this, and blessed to be amongst so many wonderful people here.

Thank you Roger and Dimi and Timmy and everyone behind this. I "woof" you guys! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Gosh you guys. Even though I was expecting it because Roger's been very persistent, it's still overwhelming seeing this (not to mention slightly awkward :lol::lol: ) I feel very honoured to have been nominated for this, and blessed to be amongst so many wonderful people here.

Thank you Roger and Dimi and Timmy and everyone behind this. I "woof" you guys! :mrgreen:
    you deserve it..now go read another thread :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Oops, was I supposed to pretend I didn't see this? :lol::lol:
  • Options
    barger395barger395 Posts: 855
    Su May...You so TOTALLY deserve this!! Sit back, relax and try to enjoy!! You're one of the best!!!

Cheers to Roger, Dimi, and Timmy for making this happen!!
    Barger
    Seen the Best Rock Band on the Planet a few times here and there.
  • Options
    Suziemay wrote:
    Oops, was I supposed to pretend I didn't see this? :lol::lol:
    u didnt ..its a suprise,,, :lol:
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    I'm in! :D Leaving for EV solo tomorrow, but I'll donate as soon as I get back!
  • Options
    Chief BroomChief Broom Detroit Posts: 2,036
    You know I'm in! :D
    Even if you do like that MBW print. :P
    MLMF Det