Options

1998 poster sale returns - full list herewith

pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,721
edited December 2011 in Lost Dogs
Dear All Im back....this took longer than expected.

Im gonna keep this simple.....contact the folks originally interested and offer up whats left again.

Here is whats on offer - shipping available in the next three weeks....then it'll be december.

1998 Seattle

1998 Portland

1998 San Diego

1998 Dallas

1998 Minneapolis

1998 Kansas City

1998 West Palm Beach

1998 Wash DC

1998 Merriweather Post

1998 Hartford

1998 Boston

1998 Virginia Beach

1998 Birmingham

1998 Philly

1998 Raleigh

1998 Atlanta

1998 Cleveland

1998 Pittsburgh

1998 Montreal and Toronto

1998 Detroit

1998 East Lansing

1998 Indianapolis

1998 Knoxville

1998 Denver

(Those in Bold in the post below are spoken for)

No More to come

Please recap on the orginal posting below and contact me if interested...

The first post.

I was asked yesterday by an incredibly selfless person if I had any thoughts on how to sell a bunch of posters to raise money for a charity sending aid overseas?

All 1998 posters are available. It may be that these will be grouped off to sell, but in the first instance I figured it best to put word out there to those seeking their holy Grail still from that year.6 months averages are likely to be the best way forward.

Any interest let me know and I'll put it forward before they are sold elsewhere

in the past a donation receipt has been made available so it's tax deductible

EDIT - PLEASE PROVIDE YOUR EMAIL

Message to all - could you please PM again with your requested print and your price, and most importantly your email for contact

sorry to do this, I just heard from the lady in charge of dealing with these. The lady who owns them is away on vacation...so i plan to put together a word document with contact details of all interested parties, the poster they want and the price. She can then make contact as and when she is ready to organise this huge sale and raise the funds.

The following Update

Dear all that bid on the 1998 posters

I have had some feedback from this seller.

Apparently many of the people who were contacted by the seller (from the early stages of the list), emailed back questionning if they were signed and numbered....and on finding they were not were no longer interested.

This lady is working full time and studying full time, so the task became too much i think. She is very in the know on the posters too (she sold them for the band for a long time), and knows that the 1998 year was a random year for s/n on posters. Even Ames dont know which were signed and numbered, and even made mistakes on the runs being stated on posters like Boston 98.

I hope in the next few days to take over the sale, in the same way the setlists worked and contact all the people who were down for each posters again and organise the sales to proceed.

Anyone no longer ionterested can then just confirm at the time, otherwise this will be very quick from then on.........My sincere apologies, but i dont think the time taken to run this was factored in by the seller who got caught a little short.

please bear with me while we finish off the setlists then we can revisit this and finalise with all sales.....Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Adding Knoxville too
  • Options
    More added Monday
  • Options
    added raleigh and boston.
  • Options
    after all would an Oakland 97 still be $12 in terms of value?

I agree that things clearly appreciate over time, so the time in between sale or trade is vital......but this appears to be a pretty straight up reasonable trade idea.

Im still personally a bit miffed as I'd love this poster but refuse to pay the 'going rate' for it
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    All 1998 posters are available.

Let me be the first in line for the Yield Promo poster (playing cards) if that's considered part of the sale eventually.

I was lucky enough to haul in my Pittsburgh '98 print earlier this year, or else I'd be waiting with bated breath for that one, too!

Good luck on your sales!
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    timctimc Posts: 664
    I am confused you selling posters :) admit lazy to read all that. lol
    Wow got a headache from reading that :)
    WIll you be selling a MAUI Ames 1998?
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

Let me be the first in line for the Yield Promo poster (playing cards) if that's considered part of the sale eventually.

I was lucky enough to haul in my Pittsburgh '98 print earlier this year, or else I'd be waiting with bated breath for that one, too!

Good luck on your sales!

sad to say this one wont feature....one of the very few prints i am also still looking for (albeit not very hard!)
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:

Good luck on your sales!

sad to say this one wont feature....one of the very few prints i am also still looking for (albeit not very hard!)

Aww bummer... well good luck anyway.
    • 98 Pgh
    • 00 Pgh
    • 03 Pgh|Philly|PSU|Camden 1+2|Hershey
    • 04 Boston 1|Reading
    • 05 Philly
    • 06 Camden 1+2|Pgh
    • 08 Camden 1+2|Hartford|Mansfield 2
    • 09 Philly 1 [EV]|Toronto|Spectrum 1-4
    • 10 Cleveland|Buffalo
    • 11 Philly [EV]|PJ20
    • 12 Philly
    • 13 London|Pgh|Buff|Philly 1+2|Balt
    • 14 Cincy|StL
    • 16 Philly 1+2|Philly 2 [TotD]
    • 18 Boston 1+2
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    timc wrote:

Sadly not that I know of....

a few of these are spoken for already - im still contacting those who bid last year but for those interested these are what is available in this phase: -

1998 Seattle
    1998 Portland

1998 San Diego

1998 Dallas

1998 Minneapolis

1998 Kansas City

1998 West Palm Beach

1998 Wash DC

1998 Merriweather Post

1998 Hartford

1998 Boston

1998 Virginia Beach

1998 Birmingham

one birm left

1998 Philly

1998 Raleigh

1998 Atlanta

1998 Cleveland

1998 Pittsburgh

1998 Detroit

1998 East Lansing

1998 Indianapolis

1998 Knoxville

1998 Denver

Those in Bold are spoken for

Ps I have a framed Maui, but they are so damn rare these days it will be a tough find in the condition you want. I think you may need to raise your pricing just a little to really snag one. I recall one on ebay a few years back that went almost immediately at $800 ( perhaps a one off though)...wuill keep my eyes peeled for you though as i know Dave is doing too
    Post edited by pdalowsky on
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,937
    I would love one Wash DC 98 not my holy grail but in my list for the future :)
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    hi im interested in the hartford poster , how is this thing working ? is there an auction for them ? or is the seller naming a price ?

sorry to ask, i didn't post on here when the original thread was done
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • Options
    arq wrote:
    I would love one Wash DC 98 not my holy grail but in my list for the future :)

Shall I put a hold on it for you my man ;);)

your weak, your weak :lol:

and by the way - your birthday isnt far away :lol:
  • Options
    hi im interested in the hartford poster , how is this thing working ? is there an auction for them ? or is the seller naming a price ?

plus 1
  • Options
    timctimc Posts: 664
    pdalowsky wrote:
    timc wrote:

Sadly not that I know of....

a few of these are spoken for already - im still contacting those who bid last year but for those interested these are what is available in this phase: -

1998 Seattle

1998 Portland

1998 San Diego

1998 Dallas

1998 Minneapolis

1998 Kansas City

1998 West Palm Beach

1998 Wash DC

1998 Merriweather Post

1998 Hartford

1998 Boston

1998 Virginia Beach

1998 Birmingham

1998 Philly

1998 Raleigh

1998 Atlanta

1998 Cleveland

1998 Pittsburgh

1998 Detroit

1998 East Lansing

1998 Indianapolis

1998 Knoxville

1998 Denver

Ps I have a framed Maui, but they are so damn rare these days it will be a tough find in the condition you want. I think you may need to raise your pricing just a little to really snag one. I recall one on ebay a few years back that went almost immediately at $800 ( perhaps a one off though)...wuill keep my eyes peeled for you though as i know Dave is doing too

Price is can be adjusted :) I do have some nice art prints if my future seller likes art! :) Thanks for looking out!
  • Options

its pretty much a best offers anywhere near the expressobeans average will snag the print.

But i have a feeling this is one of the ones that has someones name on it but let me double check
  • Options
    OrangeBugOrangeBug Denver Posts: 182
    Yep, I'll take Vegas 98. Thanks
    ... are we going to the same place?
  • Options
    OrangeBug wrote:
    Yep, I'll take Vegas 98. Thanks

magic, could you Pm me your email address and offer
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306
    PM sent.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    I'm interested in the Dallas poster and I'll check out the Expresso Beans average prices and PM you soon.
  • Options
    I'm interested in the Dallas poster and I'll check out the Expresso Beans average prices and PM you soon.

Awesome. Thanks

Ps will reply to all pms first thing - iPhone use tonight
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

its pretty much a best offers anywhere near the expressobeans average will snag the print.

But i have a feeling this is one of the ones that has someones name on it but let me double check

no problem cheers for the info, just checked the eb average-yikes! :lol: :shock: , maybe my naivety but thought they went for around $300-$400, best of luck with the sales :D
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • Options
    full list
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

1998 Seattle

6 months averages are likely to be the best way forward.

The 6 month average for the 98 Seattle poster is $0. I'll take it for that. Just kidding, I imagine that means that one hasn't sold in the last 6 months. Either way this print is out of my price range, good for you for selling these to raise money for charity.

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1643
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

1998 Seattle

6 months averages are likely to be the best way forward.

The 6 month average for the 98 Seattle poster is $0. I'll take it for that. Just kidding, I imagine that means that one hasn't sold in the last 6 months. Either way this print is out of my price range, good for you for selling these to raise money for charity.

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/1643

lol

and thanks
  • Options
    going very fast today
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    pdalowsky wrote:

Awesome. Thanks

The 6 month average for this was around $630, which is basically just 2 poster sales. Regardless it's about 200+ over my budget so unfortunately I won't bid.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:

Awesome. Thanks

The 6 month average for this was around $630, which is basically just 2 poster sales. Regardless it's about 200+ over my budget so unfortunately I won't bid.

wow....was blissfully unaware of that fact...the hartford is similar too
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Too bad, I, was interested in Raleigh poster.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    If still available, the Toronto 98 would be awesome. <!-- e --><a href="mailto:prettyguts@yahoo.com">prettyguts@yahoo.com</a><!-- e --> if so!
  • Options
    I would love to have the Knoxville poster <!-- e --><a href="mailto:Stairguy72@gmail.com">Stairguy72@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->
    Indianapolis, Indiana 11-24-1991 East Troy, Wisconsin 08-29-1992 West Lafayette, Indiana 03-17-1994 Milwaukee, Wisconsin 07-09-1995 Chicago, Illinois 07-11-1995 East Troy, Wisconsin 06-26-1998 Auburn Hills, Michigan 10-07-2000 Chicago, Illinois 09-23-2002 Noblesville, Indiana 06-22-2003 Toledo, Ohio 10-02-2004 Chicago, Illinois 10-05-2005 Grand Rapids, MI 05-19-2006 Chicago, Illinois 08-02-2007 Chicago, Illinois 08-23-2009 Noblesville, Indiana 05-07-2010 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 Chicago, IL 07-19-2013