Options

!!!fight MS: win 10 s/d - WINNERS - prizes shipped!!!

dpmaydpmay Posts: 643
edited October 2011 in Lost Dogs
i've just done the drawing, and here are the lucky winners:

1st - 10 s/d - appie

2nd - eddie poster - bosshog18

3rd - boot CD - themessenger

everyone else who donated will also be receiving a small thank you gift from me - i have PMd everyone for addresses.

congratulations to all the winners (everyone), and again, thank you all so much for the support. the wyoming MS ride was awesome this year, and we all helped to get a lot done to support those with MS.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

[UPDATE: i have decided to add prizes - EVERYONE who makes a donation of $5 or more will receive a prize from me, not just the three big winners described below. so everyone make sure i have your address, new donors and old donors as well.

THANK YOU to those generous ones amongst you - as of now, everyone will be tangibly rewarded for their largesse, and everyone has a decent chance of winning a bigger prize too...

have your donations in by MONDAY MORNING to guarantee you are in the drawing!

go here : http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/COCBikeEvents?px=2134107&pg=personal&fr_id=16917]

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

howdy everyone,

a friend of mine has been dealing with multiple sclerosis for about a decade now, which as you may know is a very nasty neurological disease with all kinds of symptoms and problems spread out across all parts of the body. there's currently no cure for MS, and in most cases it's a progressive disease in which the symptoms will worsen over time.

the national MS society hosts fundraising bike rides in all fifty states, and i have been doing the wyoming ride for the last couple of years. the idea is that people donate money to help motivate me to finish the 150-odd mile ride. it helps me to think about donors after like 10 hours when my ass and many many other parts feel terrible.

so on to the fun stuff...

1st prize

sdkfsmall1.jpg

ten super deluxe box set, which has been opened and played a few times, but is still in excellent condition. everything is here, including drop in the park, the unplugged dvd, and all the wonderous ephemera. (bicycle not included)

2nd prize

imagejpeg_3_3.jpg

EV poster from the 6/22/11 NYC show and tour program (thanks to dimitris)

3rd prize

6210-CD1030Full.jpg

any bootleg CD available from the goods section.

shipping is on me to anywhere on this blue ball we all live on. (except for the poster/program, which will come directly from dimitris.)

to enter, just visit my bike MS page at

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/COCBikeEvents?px=2134107&pg=personal&fr_id=16917

and make a donation. every multiple of $5 will entitle you to one chance. a $5 donation puts your name in the hat (OK, bike helmet) once, a $25 donation puts your name in there 5 times, and so forth. just be sure to PM me when you donate and let me know who you are.

all money raised will go to support MS research, and to help out people living with MS.

the ride happens on august 20 and 21, so all donations should be in by then. i will draw for winners as soon after the ride as i can move my arms again and mail stuff - early the week of 8/22. (technically you can still get your name in the helmet right up until then, since the MS society accepts ride donations for a month or so after the ride.)

so, please PLEASE help me out in helping my friend jason out. and win some cool stuff.

bumps also appreciated - and interesting bicycle-related stories too...

let me know if there are questions...and good luck and thanks...

dan
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    appieappie Posts: 1,441
    What a great thing your doing to help others and i wish you the best of luck during the ride
    Good to know that every mile you do will go to a good goal,this has my support and donation is made..

Keep tha wheelz rollin
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    P23JP23J Posts: 103
    Great cause! Donation sent.
  • Options
    ...awesome, thanks for all the great support so far...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    Will donate later today!! Hope you raise a ton of money for this cause!!!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    Just wanted to say thank you for supporting such a cause. Mrs. Jethrojam420 was diagnosed about 2 years ago and we are all fighting strong for a rapid cure (preferably one that isnt a daily injection as well)

As you can imagine we donate to MS every day with medical bills and guinea pig research etc etc so my donation to you can only be a smile and a bump and a keep up the good work :)

Thank you and to all who donate
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    gallery_86176_31866_4954498094b6d9d369eb76.jpg
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    Jokertt14Jokertt14 Posts: 2,566
    Bump
  • Options
    you'll all be glad to hear i went for a 50 or so mile training ride today, and nothing fell off - bike parts or body parts...

i did encounter and ride with a super-serious-looking cyclist that made my knee-high socks, chuck taylors and duct-taped helmet look pretty silly.
  • Options
    You may look silly,but your doing a hell of a job with this,i hope every part on your bike and body stays on..
    You seen to have a good bike and condition so the ingredients of doing it well is there,my thoughts are with you for every mile your doing....Once again...Great cause!

Greetzz and keep it rollin

Appie
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Will donate to this great cause when I get paid next week :)
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    5dcbda69_122312d1238514875-sg-glass-auction-topia-april-fundraiser-bump.gif
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    jethrojam420jethrojam420 Foxborough MA Posts: 1,075
    appie wrote:
    5dcbda69_122312d1238514875-sg-glass-auction-topia-april-fundraiser-bump.gif
    that is an awesome bump pic :lol:
    8/29/00*5/2/03*7/2/03*7/3/03*7/11/03*9/28/04*5/24/06*6/28/08*5/15/10*5/17/10* 10/16/13*10/25/13* 4/28/16*4/28/16*8/5/16*8/7/16 EV 6/15/11 Brad 10/27/02
  • Options
    fist+bump+cat.jpg
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    bump for august - the month of the ride is here...

and ohyeah, did i mention? you can win ten super deluxe for as little as FIVE BONES!

lemme get some action, from the back section...
  • Options
    2490.jpg

Hope you do well at the moment and your condition is up too date for it.. :D
    Last Sunday i was riding too for 25 miles on my Mtb and that already sucked the life out of me.. :lol:
    Its so good what your doing and you have my deepest respect for it... :thumbup: :thumbup: :clap::clap:

Greetzz and keep on rollin

Appie
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    8-)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    bumpity bump.

less than two weeks to go.

i rode 102 miles the other day and felt ok, so i think i will make it. but, the course of the ride itself is windy as all hell, and very hilly. where i practice is mostly flat. so.

i'll need lots of donors to keep me pedaling.

!!step right up!! - who wants ten super deluxe?!?
  • Options
    an update : fundraising is going pretty well, and i am now to the bare minimum i need to ride. still only halfway or so to what my own personal goal was...

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR/Bike/COCBikeEvents?px=2134107&pg=personal&fr_id=16917

in good news to people in the drawing, the great majority of donors have not been from here, so your chances to win are still quite high...
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Good luck Dan!!
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    jshin wrote:
    Good luck Dan!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    :D
  • Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRBq-uEdJi-jjkTuec9m7CUCgusQwtBxuOeqdyWLn6wnsvcHUXS

Good to see the sponsorship is going up.. 8-)
    Hope you do well and are in good condition to have great succes..
    Good luck with the ride Dan..
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    I'll get in on this. Tell me what I need to do.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • Options
    :)
  • Options
    EZ1221C wrote:
    I'll get in on this. Tell me what I need to do.

awesome, thanks. just go here

and choose an amount that you like...
  • Options
    Bumped (for a good cause!)

Donation sent...
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    Bumped (for a good cause!)

Donation sent...

Bump and donation sent as well for a great cause.
  • Options
    BUMP

for

Less Than 48 Hours 'Til the Ride

time for y'all to share your favorite inspirational/motivating pearl jam lyrics for me to sing while i'm rolling (pedaling like mad) along.

AND

time to get in on this if you haven't already:

• Options
    Good luck Dan and hope this isnt you while your training... :lol::lol:
    http://youtu.be/5Db-0dX4ORA
    Pearl Jam 4 live
    h8 2 w8 for concerts
  • Options
    this will probablly be my last chance to bump this, so here it is.

getting nervous about the wind in wyoming, but whatcha gonna do?

i'm so close to my fundraising goal - get me there!

EVERYONE WINS!

thanks everyone - i'll let you know how it goes.