Options

Naps...

CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
edited October 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
can really fuck up your sleep schedule! :evil:
I fell asleep on the couch a little after 11pm, and woke up at 1am (a bit more then a cat nap) but now it's 4:40am and I'm really not tired. I've been getting better with sleeping the past few days and now this flub really screwed me up! :shock:

goodnight.... Hopefully! :?
"I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    haha, but naps shouldn't be 3 hours!
  • Options
    My sleeping pattern is shit these days :oops: just can't get used to the new mattress and it's fucking up my back as well :(
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    I dont get naps, people say nap for 20-30 mins and you should be okay but i just wake up feeling really groggy and tired.
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,363
    Naps are the best.... but I try not to nap because I usually end up napping for 2-3 hours and then I can't sleep at night. :(
  • Options
    WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    Naps rock!
    I don't take a lot of them just occasionally on a Saturday afternoon when I'm snuggling with my dogs...nice snooze for an hour.

But if I fall asleep at 11pm on my couch and wake up at 1am? I'm either going to head upstairs to bed or go back to sleep on the couch!
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Whizbang wrote:
    Naps rock!
    I don't take a lot of them just occasionally on a Saturday afternoon when I'm snuggling with my dogs...nice snooze for an hour.

But if I fall asleep at 11pm on my couch and wake up at 1am? I'm either going to head upstairs to bed or go back to sleep on the couch!

right on!

i LOVE naps...mostly because i don't get a proper night rest when sleeping so an afternoon nap is great ;):)
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    I don't like naps, for the reasons mentioned here (sleeping later) and I feel messed up afterwards.
    And 3 hours is not a nap, that's a sleep ;)
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    Ok, so first of all since when was sleeping from 11pm to 1 am 3 hours??? Its 2 people!!! :mrgreen:

Anyway, yeah, I have this problem too. Take a nap on the couch and than I'm up until like 5 in the morning. Boooo!!!
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Ok, so first of all since when was sleeping from 11pm to 1 am 3 hours??? Its 2 people!!! :mrgreen:

Anyway, yeah, I have this problem too. Take a nap on the couch and than I'm up until like 5 in the morning. Boooo!!!
    haha, I missed the hours! I just caught singularity's post.
    Still, 2 hours is long for a nap.
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Thank you I was just about to post the same thing! :p
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    I love sleeping ...it is one of my favorite things to do.

If I knew where it was I would take you there. There's much more than this
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,946
    naps rule if used properly, but when abused they can make you feel more tired. i usually set my alarm for 25 minutes from the start of the nap, 5 mins to nod off and then a 20 minute power nap, anything less and i wake up groggy, pissed off and tired....as mentioned above.

naps....use them wisely
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    I whole heartedly endorse the practice of napping. There's nothing like a 20, 30 minute nap to recharge the battery and drive on the rest of the day :mrgreen:
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • Options
    Corey Lynn wrote:
    I love sleeping ...it is one of my favorite things to do.

I second that :!: :!: :!:
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    i love naps. they are healing and rejuvenating. as a matter of fact i'm about to take one right now, just cuz i can :mrgreen: being spanish it's in the blood i think to pass out for a couple hours every day lol
  • Options
    pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    naps rule if used properly, but when abused they can make you feel more tired. i usually set my alarm for 25 minutes from the start of the nap, 5 mins to nod off and then a 20 minute power nap, anything less and i wake up groggy, pissed off and tired....as mentioned above.

naps....use them wisely

Hello, my name is..., and I abuse naps. This thread made me see the light. 2 hours is too much? I nap alone too. I wake up and I need a nap just to get going. I've tried to cut down, and all I want is more. :mrgreen:

Seriously, I have sworn off naps temporarily because I am having sleep issues and it just fucks up my already screwy sleep cycle. I was wondering if anyone here has ever done a sleep study? I'm going next month and don't really know what will come of it. I've had friends with apnea who have to wear these masks, though I'm hoping that isn't it. My doctor and I have tried every sleep med known to man, and nothing has worked. Hence the study.
    Anyone have any experience?
  • Options
    Thorns2010Thorns2010 Posts: 2,199
    Thorns2010 wrote:
    Thank you I was just about to post the same thing! :p

Thats what I'm good for! Simple math!!! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    a nap would be so killer right now....so sleepy....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    81 wrote:

thats was me on monday... Today im slightly better. Go reserve an empty conference room :lol:
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    81 wrote:
    you and me both!! I'm mentally drained this week.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    or just going to bed early kicks so much ass! in the winter time i am ridiculous. i can be in bed & sound asleep by 6 or 7pm come winter. no nap needit.

naps for me can generally last 1-3 hrs. i always wake up ready to eat something. that part i don't like.

i am an early riser so early to bed in fine. i've usually always had jobs that required very early morning waking hours. it is natural for me & done without an alarm clock for years. when need be i can litteraly wake up at 3:55-3:59am from a dead sleep on my own without an alarm being set @ 4:00am.

weird as fuck huh

naps in the semi is the only way to roll. live on naps. that is how many people live their lives actually. sleep 3-4 hrs at a time or less, fuck around until sleepy, then another nap, fuck around till tired, then nap...do that for years/a lifetime
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    chadwick wrote:
    or just going to bed early kicks so much ass! in the winter time i am ridiculous. i can be in bed & sound asleep by 6 or 7pm come winter. no nap needit.

naps for me can generally last 1-3 hrs. i always wake up ready to eat something. that part i don't like.

i am an early riser so early to bed in fine. i've usually always had jobs that required very early morning waking hours. it is natural for me & done without an alarm clock for years. when need be i can litteraly wake up at 3:55-3:59am from a dead sleep on my own without an alarm being set @ 4:00am.

weird as fuck huh

naps in the semi is the only way to roll. live on naps. that is how many people live their lives actually. sleep 3-4 hrs at a time or less, fuck around until sleepy, then another nap, fuck around till tired, then nap...do that for years/a lifetime

i could stay up until 4am every night....if only i could sleep till noon every day.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i took a 40 minute one at work today, outstanding, feel like a new man now.
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    FrankieG wrote:
    81 wrote:

thats was me on monday... Today im slightly better. Go reserve an empty conference room :lol:

That's fucking great, why didn't I think of that. I'm so doing that in the future. :lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    tired....sleeping till noon tommorrow...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    81 wrote:

It's good to have goals.
  • Options
    DS1119 wrote:
    81 wrote:

It's good to have goals.

need to turn the alarm clock up too....woke up 5 minutes before i should be leaving hte house. :fp:

it's a good thing i don't take a train. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    dcfaithful wrote:
    FrankieG wrote:
    81 wrote:

That's fucking great, why didn't I think of that. I'm so doing that in the future. :lol:

My uncle tells stories how he actually keeps a pillow and blanket in his desk drawer so that he can lock his office and snooze if he has time and needs it... :lol: I want that job :P
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    FrankieG wrote:
    My uncle tells stories how he actually keeps a pillow and blanket in his desk drawer so that he can lock his office and snooze if he has time and needs it... :lol: I want that job :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W__qCFWi1KA
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    I love naps! I envy the Spanish for siesta, and I think if companies allowed a mid-day siesta, the business world would be a better and much more friendly place.
    I would love to nap during my work day, but unfortunately, it is not possible. But I love having a good nap of 1-2 hours after work to get started for nightly skype chats...