Options

South Jersey/Philly area Support The Troops Cookie Drive

elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,055
edited October 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey guys,
Anyone in the South Jersey/Philly area that wants a way to help support the Troops, please help us with our 1st of 2 cookie drives. No matter how you feel about the wars, it is important to remind our brothers and sisters serving our country that they are not forgotten, especially with the fall/winter holidays upon us. Many of our PJ Faithfull are members of these forums are over there as well. This is a great way to send them a taste from home when they are not with their families for the holidays.

http://www.yellowribbonclub.org/news.htm#ZZZ

Any questions, feel free to PM me as I am one of the organizers. Thank you so much!
-Dave
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    timctimc Posts: 664
    Hi,
    Just wanted to chime in on the topic! The package from the Yellow ribbon club was well received and greatly appreciated by all! Most don't think about it, but just donating some tooth paste, a few bars of soap is HUGE over here! I am using one of the many tooth brushes that were in the box Dave sent! My base is closing YEAH!!!! Tonight we had the closing ceremony for CJSOTF-AP, so lots of people are using items that were sent from various groups to get by until returning home! Believe the news we are leaving IRAQ for REAL!!! YEAH!!! It is pretty amazing seeing this be done lots of moving parts!

That being said I believe the troops in Afgan will be there awhile longer! I will be home for the Thanksgiving Xmas New years (Janes Addiction/ Primus 12-30-11 Hawaii) But those in Afgan won't it will make there day getting cookies BELIEVE ME!!

THANKS
    DAVE :D
  • Options
    Tim, it is us who should be thanking you. From here to the Middle East and to all of you: Thank you, come home safe, come home now. BUMP!
  • Options
    bump for the philly Faithfull starting the work week!
  • Options
    timctimc Posts: 664
    Bump for Dave!
  • Options
    EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Not in the Philly area, but if I can do anything else, let me know.
    PLAY THE SOUTH