Options

Who wants to make a Pearl Jam covers EP?

2»

Comments

• Options
    House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    JofZ wrote:
    Black Red Yellow gets my vote :)

We need a band name, can we get some ideas?

Act of Love
    Big Wave
    ?????????

Mankind (or Fankind, :D)
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    House53House53 Posts: 1,276
    Off We Go (The Music of Pearl Jam)

Elderly Woman
    Black, Red, Yellow
    Oceans
    Black
    Fuckin' Up
    There's No Code.
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    I'd be down...but I have dibs on Stone's parts for In Hiding
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    I can play any guitar part but i've got the shittiest equipment to work with. I can sing as well, just not that good. and I'd like to see Insignificance thrown in this project.
    "I sometimes wonder why there isn't a Tee-Pees R Us."

-Ed
  • Options
    not4unot4u Posts: 513
    i can sing, id love to do it!.
    i am interested in one or a few of these...

Release
    Animal
    WWS
    DTE
    Low Light
    Why Go
    Fuckin' Up

high hopes for trying DTE, Why go and release, i'll even give wws a shot oh fuck yea
    we don't want war, but we still want more?
  • Options
    I could do Tremor Christ, just need the drum part for it.
    I believe the children are our future... unless we stop them now...
  • Options
    WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    I would LOVE to contribute on guitar, but as of now I don't have anything to record on, on computer or otherwise. Santa might change all that, but I have yet to see. I haven't posted on here in a looooong time.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • Options
    If you guys need a drummer, I'd be more than willing to lay down some tracks.

Would like to attempt...

Why Go?
    SOLAT
    WWS
    Rats
    Alone
    Evacuation
    Deep

... and so on. I've got all the necessary gear to record (in other words, not just a computer mic... I've got the whole mixer/software/mics deal going on), and can maybe even take a stab at mixing a couple tracks if someone needs it.

Just offering my services. :p
  • Options
    i've got most of garden down minus a few of the little fills that stone's got. i can do mike's solo just about note for note, and damn close to his tone (modded yjm308 through a 1965 tremolux comes close to his ts-9 through the bassman ltd thing) as well i can do ed's voice quite well for his non baritone stuff (my voice instructor compared my vibrato to ed's actually as his is quite fast). i've got black down too for vox.

list
    black - vox
    garden - some guitars, solo, vox
    do the evolution - guitars
    gone - vox and guitars
    no way - vox and guitars
  • Options
    I'd be willing to do whatever I could. I could do vox and guitar, no leads though except Wishlist and Come Back
  • Options
    This is a great idea. An ambitious project on a global scale.

Happy to contribute some guitar or bass, any type on anything. Would be great to work on some of the 'forgotten' great tracks and rarities that don't get much airtime.

Also got access to 16-track digital studio and engineer and decent equipment. Maybe could help out recording/coordinating any other input from the UK if needed. Not sure how it would work, but worth a mention and would be an interesting experience.

Notice a lot of guitar players around - maybe do something like Reach Down (TOTD) or Alive and split up the lead breaks into segments and mail-in different parts from around the world? Would be cool to melt them together in sequence and see how it all comes out.

If the results are good enough to share, would be great if it was for a benefit or charity. Holiday release for 2007?

I got an interest in design/graphics too, if that helps out. When things get going, would be cool if everyone got photographs or video of them recording their parts.

Great project. Peace.
  • Options
    420420 Posts: 24
    I'd throw in a version of Crazy Mary, Immortality, Back of My Mind, Masters of War or Patriot.
    IM me an Email Address and I'll shoot over some base files for you all in the next couple weeks. Basically just vocals and guitar, but feel free to add or just completely delete if it sucks...

Nice idea I like...
  • Options
    AhnimusAhnimus Posts: 10,569
    I'll sing, y'all know I suck though right?

Give me a track and I'll crank out the best vocals I can.
    I necessarily have the passion for writing this, and you have the passion for condemning me; both of us are equally fools, equally the toys of destiny. Your nature is to do harm, mine is to love truth, and to make it public in spite of you. - Voltaire
  • Options
    mnarob3 wrote:
    that would be amazing!!!!

so you've got the drummer here!!!!!!!!
    there's nothing like playing pearl jam songs! the groove, the feeling:D

great! count me in!!!

dang you i wannted to be dave a!!!!

Can I play Dirty Frank!
  • Options
    MishralMishral Posts: 211
    I would really love to be a part of this!
    on guitar!
    "The things you own will end up owning you"
  • Options
    Hmh, already so many guitar players voulenteerd, maybe I'll join up next time ;). An international PJ jam session would be kinda great, yet so difficult to arrange.
    King Jeremy the wicked
  • Options
    JofZJofZ Posts: 1,276
    Hi Guys:
    House and I will co-chair this project as we are just floored by the level of participation. We have the set-list and you will be sent a PM with details.

I can promise that everyone who responded and is willing to put in the effort will get to participate.

To keep things moving along we are going to begin with Black.

So we want all of you to start thinking about that track and how we should cut it, not in terms of technical stuff, but in terms of arrangement.

For the drummers that responded you are going to be called on first so make sure you are ready :)

I think the forum should name the project, so please start posting your ideas!

Happy New Year,
    Jason
    WHAT IS THAT NOISE?
    Hanging at www.TheGuitarHub.com
    The only Forum for players by players.......

Playing Les Pauls, Teles, Hubers, Gustavssons, Kolls through a Mad Professor amp with a Bob Burt Cab.
    BJF powers my Pedal Board
  • Options
    hi guys, I am in for the drums as well....I can do it on my own because I have my own studio available whenever I want,so just send me what songs should I play and I´ll do it.

My personal preference is Even flow,Sad,Corduroy and SoLaT.
    me: www.myspace.com/mariomarcinek

my band: www.myspace.com/mofokillerain

official site: www.stonerock.sk
  • Options
    WiLL75WiLL75 Posts: 415
    Long time no posting for me...was just wondering what was up with this project? Slowly moving forwards still? Hell...it might even be completed already. Anyways, I have Sonar and a Edirol UA-25 usb audio capture device. I still need to learn the software. As far as amps go I have a '73 Fender Bassman 10 4x10 combo, Fender Blues Deluxe R.I. and a '63 Silvertone Twin-Twelve...as well as access to good mics to mic said amps, plus I have several pedals (TS9, Fender Blender, dunlop wah, line 6 delay and modulation modulator) that Mike and Stone have. But hey, for all I know it's already done and completed...just wanted to see what was up.
    7-9-03 New York(MSG II baby!)
    9-4-05 Calgary (10c Tix!)
    8-8-09 Calgary
    9-21-12 Calgary (10c Tix! Row 12!!)
    My URL
    http://www.myspace.com/thehuskytruckers

http://www.facebook.com
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    this is such a fun idea!!!!!

i'd love to lend a hand on the project if it isn't over yet :lol: i can definitely lend voice or compose a slightly different variation so its interesting (i can do a mean off he goes on guitar to :D )
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    House53 wrote:
    First, Hello... it has been a while. I hope all is well with old friends and those I don't know yet here...

Second:
    JofZ and I have an idea. An album made by fans covering PJ songs that they love. This could be a very cool project and way to connect with fellow PJ fans around the world and share in our love of this music. Songs could be recorded in a studio (if applicable) or on our cpus and shared to add the different parts and sections... then mastered and put into an album.

We need drummers, bass players, guitarists, keyboards, singers, graphic artists, etc... (It's not like there can only be one singer, or one drummer, etc...we can all collborate and work to put together a cool project)

I am in to sing, play guitar (where needed), harmonica (if we do Smile or Driftin, lol), or piano/organ parts if wanted.

JofZ is in to play guitar, work on recording/mastering, and provide insane guitar tone to the records

We are both willing to help organize this idea, but need the rest of you to participate.

Who's interested? How would you want to participate? Song ideas?

question.. would we get in trouble for doing this? :lol: Copyrights scare me at times :D i mean i guess if its not being distributed for a profit, i can't hurt right?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    House53 wrote:
    First, Hello... it has been a while. I hope all is well with old friends and those I don't know yet here...

Second:
    JofZ and I have an idea. An album made by fans covering PJ songs that they love. This could be a very cool project and way to connect with fellow PJ fans around the world and share in our love of this music. Songs could be recorded in a studio (if applicable) or on our cpus and shared to add the different parts and sections... then mastered and put into an album.

We need drummers, bass players, guitarists, keyboards, singers, graphic artists, etc... (It's not like there can only be one singer, or one drummer, etc...we can all collborate and work to put together a cool project)

I am in to sing, play guitar (where needed), harmonica (if we do Smile or Driftin, lol), or piano/organ parts if wanted.

JofZ is in to play guitar, work on recording/mastering, and provide insane guitar tone to the records

We are both willing to help organize this idea, but need the rest of you to participate.

Who's interested? How would you want to participate? Song ideas?

question.. would we get in trouble for doing this? :lol: Copyrights scare me at times :D i mean i guess if its not being distributed for a profit, i can't hurt right?

There are actually some performance rights societies that are going after people who post cover versions on websites, etc, even if they are not being performed for profit. As long as you keep the songs private among those involved, there shouldn't be any problems. Oddly enough, as long as the songs stay true to the original versions, you can release them for profit, as long as you obtain whats called a "Compulsory Mechanical License". That would entail contacting the publishing administrators, and then paying them approx 9 cents per song per cd pressed (even if you don't sell them, the royalty is still paid).
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    how did i only see this just now??

count me in! i can sing & play guitar. (some keys & bass if needed) i know a good amount if their songs. just let me know!

great idea!

-Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
    I can contribute on guitar... I don't really know how much time I really have though. My band might be interested in recording a song...probably live. we've been doing corduroy and have been messin around on Brain of J lately
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Hey,
    Sounds like a cool project. I am actually the lead vocalist of a Pearl jam Tribute Act out of New York. We are called Last Exit. Not sure how'd you plan on going about this, but we'd be glad to participate in anything that celebrates the music and the message of Pearl Jam.
    Thanks,
    Pete
    Last Exit
    Don't be afraid to fight for change!
  • Options
    i'm in...i know guitar for a shit load of songs...i'll do singing...and i can get by on drums for in my tree
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    bump!

how should we do this?
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    I'm down, I can play Bass
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."