Options

ok, someone teach me how to get good at the wah pedal.

exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
edited September 2003 in Musicians and Gearheads
b/c i'm really terrible with it. just horrible. what are some good drills, exercises, etc. to get modestly good at controlling this thing?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    robrob Posts: 142
    Balance! Pick your best soccer kicking foot. I always had mine in front of my effects so it was comfortable.
    Sublety too. I never used it for wide tone swings that much

Then it just ends up being foot to hand to other hand to brain coordination.
    Try setting up a metronome and go low to high ooohhhhwwwaa
    over and over. then the other way aaaaahhhhhhwwwoooo for a while over and over . It comes. Like singing and playing, suddenly it's there and you never knew how it arrived.

Hey man , I checked out your website, your stuff sounds good!
    How,,,,,did I GET here?!

• Options
    Pacomc79Pacomc79 Posts: 9,404
    play with it. just pump up and down with the beat for a while then realize that it's expressive. Just feel the notes and play with it a while you will get it.
    My Girlfriend said to me..."How many guitars do you need?" and I replied...."How many pairs of shoes do you need?" She got really quiet.
  • Options
    You might wanna use your foot instead of your hands?

(oh how lame! Shame on me, sorry... :p)
  • Options
    LOL pearl..

I was too embarassed to ever ask that question, just fooling myself thinking I know how to play it..

tried out the Crybaby535Q today and will prolly get it within the next week...$354 (chrome version!) aussie dollars :s haven't found it on secondhand-sale here...

good luck, ex
    |||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
    "It is I, with the empty bladder!"

www.nowalletevolution.com