Options

The Long Road - Vancouver To San Fran By Car

restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Hey guys. I may be making this trip. And hitting gorge on the way back.Could a helpful soul reply with some inside info including:

Length of trip and so forth. Hows the drive and whatnot. Any Mapquest links would be helpful, cant seem to get them to work for me. Maybe a little directions, ive heard just stay on the I-5.

Thanks to all who help me with this.
Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bump for her pleasure
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    i´ve done this drive a couple times myself, although the oregon coast is more scenic, it takes way longer...yeah, once you cross the border at Blaine, it´s the I-5 straight down until just before Sacramento, where you take I-505 which connects with I-80 into San Fran, it's dead easy, basically give yourself a day and half to do it, unless you have 2 or 3 to share the driving and want to drive thru the night, the furthest you'll probably get the first day is Grant's Pass or Medford in southern oregon, that's leaving Vancouver early and driving until 8 or 9pm, from there to San Fran probably 6 or 7 hours, we once went non-stop, took 17 hours, personally i prefer breaking it into a day and a half

Motel 6 and Super 8 are usually fairly cheap and they always have space, our last trip we rocked up to the motel 6 in grant's pass at 1am and were in our room 5 minutes later, just try to stay awake, I-5 is dead boring thru Washington and Oregon, but Northern California is cool, sounds like fun, if I still lived in Vancouver i'd try and tag along
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    Hey guys. I may be making this trip. And hitting gorge on the way back.Could a helpful soul reply with some inside info including:

Length of trip and so forth. Hows the drive and whatnot. Any Mapquest links would be helpful, cant seem to get them to work for me. Maybe a little directions, ive heard just stay on the I-5.

Thanks to all who help me with this.

DUDE THATS GANGSTER. WE'RE DOING THE DRIVE FROM L.A/ORANGE COUNTY ALL THE WAY THRU TO THE GORGE. ITS GONNA BE CRAZINESS!!! OUR DRIVE IF WE WENT STRAIT FROM L.A TO GORGE I HEARD WAS SOM'N LIKE 20 HOURS OR SO!!! :eek: IM REDDIE!!!! :D IM SURE THERES LOTS TO STOP AND SEE ON THE WAY TO SF FROM VANCOUVER. IT'LL BE GREAT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    i´ve done this drive a couple times myself, although the oregon coast is more scenic, it takes way longer...yeah, once you cross the border at Blaine, it´s the I-5 straight down until just before Sacramento, where you take I-505 which connects with I-80 into San Fran, it's dead easy, basically give yourself a day and half to do it, unless you have 2 or 3 to share the driving and want to drive thru the night, the furthest you'll probably get the first day is Grant's Pass or Medford in southern oregon, that's leaving Vancouver early and driving until 8 or 9pm, from there to San Fran probably 6 or 7 hours, we once went non-stop, took 17 hours, personally i prefer breaking it into a day and a half

Motel 6 and Super 8 are usually fairly cheap and they always have space, our last trip we rocked up to the motel 6 in grant's pass at 1am and were in our room 5 minutes later, just try to stay awake, I-5 is dead boring thru Washington and Oregon, but Northern California is cool, sounds like fun, if I still lived in Vancouver i'd try and tag along

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT! thanks man this is a helpful reply....thank you thank you...fuck its a long drive...hmmmmm......17 hours hey shit!

its has to be done.....specially now that my portland tix are confirmed....!!!!

ya SEN !!! will you be in san fran??? hope so if not we will party at the FORUM and GORGE!!!! wooo hoo!
  • Options
    cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    get on the King Gorge highway
    cross border
    hang a right at San Fran
  • Options
    THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT! thanks man this is a helpful reply....thank you thank you...fuck its a long drive...hmmmmm......17 hours hey shit!

ya SEN !!! will you be in san fran??? hope so if not we will party at the FORUM and GORGE!!!! wooo hoo!

FLOW SHIZZLE~
    DRIVING TO ALL SHOWS. VEGAS IS 4HRS AWAY, SD IS 1AND A HALF, FORUM 15 MINUTES, SANTA BARBARA 2HOURS, SF LIKE SIXXX. WE'LL DEAL WITH THE GORGE TIME FRAME WHEN WE GET TO SF!!! :D

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

• Options
    berlindomanberlindoman Posts: 107
    I am going to the same shows and I am also driving........ I will leave for VEGAS on the 5th , then SD TO LA, SANTA BARBARA and heading back home for the shows here in SF......according to mapquest from here it takes about 13 hours to the gorge.......let me know if anyone need any info.........looking forward to meeting PJ fans, we are going to have an amazing time..............

SENROCK! wrote:
    FLOW SHIZZLE~
    DRIVING TO ALL SHOWS. VEGAS IS 4HRS AWAY, SD IS 1AND A HALF, FORUM 15 MINUTES, SANTA BARBARA 2HOURS, SF LIKE SIXXX. WE'LL DEAL WITH THE GORGE TIME FRAME WHEN WE GET TO SF!!! :D
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    Last year, I drove from Washington, DC to the Gorge for the show in September. By the time I got there, I was "seeing dragons".
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options

well, Member of the Year is not just a silly name I gave myself you know
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Wow I feel kind of lame flying from Boston to San Francisco.
    A Wally World adventure is always a blast.
    I don't think my girlfriend will fall for the old "Getting there is 1/2 the fun" line.
  • Options
    I am going to the same shows and I am also driving........ I will leave for VEGAS on the 5th , then SD TO LA, SANTA BARBARA and heading back home for the shows here in SF......according to mapquest from here it takes about 13 hours to the gorge.......let me know if anyone need any info.........looking forward to meeting PJ fans, we are going to have an amazing time..............

SWEET. IM SURE WE'LL ALL CROSS PATHS AT REST AREAS AND FAST FOOD STOPS!!! HAHAHA AND 13HOURS HUH? NOT TOO BADD. ITHINK IT WAS THAT LONG FROM MONTREAL TO OTTOWAHHHH!!! OR WAS IT OTTOWAHHH!!! TO TORONTO? :eek: EITHER WAY ROAD TRIPS RULE!!! I WISH I HADD A BIGGER VEHICLE TO BRING EVRYBODY!!!!

• Options
    Wow I feel kind of lame flying from Boston to San Francisco.
    A Wally World adventure is always a blast.
    I don't think my girlfriend will fall for the old "Getting there is 1/2 the fun" line.
    ITS ALL GOOD! AT LEAST YOU'LL BE THERE!!!!

• Options
    obiwon76 wrote:
    Last year, I drove from Washington, DC to the Gorge for the show in September. By the time I got there, I was "seeing dragons".

HOLY crudmuffin that is a long effin drive!! you crazy!

i hereby put forth the notion that SENROCK be voted member of the year!
  • Options
    Me & my girl are driving from Jersey to the Gorge in Washington! ;) 1st we're driving to Denver for a couple of days to visit friends :) Then it's off to Washington! After the Gorge shows we're driving down to San Fransisco to visit another good friend for a few days, then back to Denver, and finally back to Jersey! 2 weeks, over 5000 miles, me & my girl, seeing two great friends, seeing Pearl Jam at the Gorge both nights, camping, Pacific Coast, soooo many things! :) I can't fuckin' waaaiiit! :p
    Oh, if I knew where it was, I would take you there, but there's much more than this.
    Ooooh. Whoooa, much more than this. Woooh see the world. Much more than... Oooh, much more than.. Why?
  • Options
    HOLY crudmuffin that is a long effin drive!! you crazy!

i hereby put forth the notion that SENROCK be voted member of the year!

HAHAHAHAHAHA WHY!!!

• Options
    I highly recommend leaving time to stop and spend an afternoon at Mt. Shasta in Northern Cali, right off I-5. It is one of the planet's most sacred metaphysical powerspots. Go up to Panther Meadow, a truly majestic place, and take a picnic and just hang out. I also recommend kayaking on Lake Siskyou if you have the time, there is a great campground there at the lake. Shasta is famous for UFO sightings, angel energies, power animal/native american spirits, etc... not to be missed...
    11/1/92, 10/30/93, 10/31/93, 11/7/95, 7/13/98, 10/21/00, 10/31/00, 10/21/01, 6/3/03, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, 10/4/09
  • Options
    hey guys......ive got another question....

is the bill graham auditorium right downtown, im trying to find a hotel that is suitable.!!
  • Options
    neartodeathneartodeath Posts: 167
    hey guys......ive got another question....

is the bill graham auditorium right downtown, im trying to find a hotel that is suitable.!!

yup its right downtown

restlesssoul...i am sooo freaking jealous ;):)
  • Options
    WELL FUCK!!! todays the day!!! im leaving in 10 minutes !!! so excited.... cant wait to see the auditorium show, cant wait to see portland and cant freakin wait to see the back to back gorge shows!!!!

SEE YOU ALL THERE!!!

WwooowoooooowoowoohoohohohoHHOHOOHohoho!