Options

What?!?! The Second Encore In Detroit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,535
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
HOLY SHIT!!!!

Whipping --> Evolution --> Comatose --> Given To Fly --> Why Go --> Porch --> Indifference --> KICK OUT THE JAMS (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

HOLY FUCK!
2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Pretty sick!
  • Options
    Heatherj43Heatherj43 Posts: 1,254
    It was great! They came back out and Eddie said, "now we're gonna get down to some fuckin' buisness".
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    HOLY SHIT!!!!

Whipping --> Evolution --> Comatose --> Given To Fly --> Why Go --> Porch --> Indifference --> KICK OUT THE JAMS (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

HOLY FUCK!
    what? is so amazing? indiff played at least 2x already....why go played almost every night. Kick out the jams i guess is the rare.

COOL!
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    Alive1897Alive1897 Posts: 5
    Perhaps it was one of those "you had to be theres" to experience the energy but it was sick!
    Anyone who punches themselves in the face while masturbating has a short penis.
  • Options
    ParasolParasol Posts: 319
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    what? is so amazing? indiff played at least 2x already....why go played almost every night. Kick out the jams i guess is the rare.

COOL!

what is amazing is the sequence the songs were played!! Amazing!
    --- Barcelona 01/09/2006 ---
    ---- Lisbon 04/09/2006
    ---- Lisbon 05/09/2006
    "One of the best...The Best! Thank You!" Eddie Vedder. 05/09/2006 Lisbon, Portugal
    2007:
    ---- Lisbon 08/06/2007 ----
    ---- London 18/06/2007 ----
    --- Nijmegen 28/06/2007 ---
    --- Werchter 29/06/2007 ---
  • Options
    Alive1897 wrote:
    Perhaps it was one of those "you had to be theres" to experience the energy but it was sick!
    Yeah, its hard to explain.
    That was the best PJ show I've ever been to.
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    Yeah, its hard to explain.
    That was the best PJ show I've ever been to.

It sure was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I tried writing a fanview....but I am at great loss!!

It'll take me a while.......... :):)

It was SO nice to finally meet a face with a name on this board!!

Thanks for coming up to me, sweetie! :)

Hahaha they played I Am Mine... I'm in heaven. :D

I will write the complete fan view soon.....

I can't believe Eddie had my interpreter up on the stage!!

At first I thought it was ME, but the cameraman pointed at the interpreter. Oops, I felt stupid. Haha

Then I pushed my interpreter to go and she said no no no. I said yes yes yes!! She wanted me to go with her, but I said no, they wanted her! See, I knew it was going to be a better version of the GTF moment. :D

She was in heaven! :D

I promise to write more, ok??? :D

I've only had 2 hours of sleep last night, 4 hours Saturday, and 3 hours on Friday!

My youngest daughter, Livia, asked me this morning if I was going out again.

"No, I'm staying home now." and she gave this huge relief look with a big smile. She laid down with me with her arms around my neck - as if she was making sure I wasn't going anywhere! :)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    Alive1897 wrote:

its always that way. chicago had similar songs. second encore was

go---blood---indifference---baba--YL you just had to be there
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,939
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

COOL!

cmon man , look at that sequence of rockers!!! when i first saw that i was like, WHAT? looks pretty sweet to me!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    cubbieblue82cubbieblue82 Posts: 292
    Come on, everyone knows a set can't be any good unless they play loads of rarities. :sarcasm: Not everyone gets to see PJ countless times per tour. No need to piss on anyones parade because they had a great time at the show!

Looks like a great set, wish I could have been there!
    Obama/Biden '08!!!
  • Options
    Kick out the Jams is just pure fuckin' rock. The boys own that shit live. They were tearin' it up and the crowd was probably at it's liveliest. It culminated with Eddie overhead slamming the mic stand onto to the stage muliple times.

I was blown away by this song when they played it in GR on the VFC tour, but that performance was nothing compared to last nights. They could have walked off the stage after it and not come back out; it was that awesome.
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    IamMine wrote:

At first I thought it was ME, but the cameraman pointed at the interpreter. Oops, I felt stupid. Haha

Then I pushed my interpreter to go and she said no no no. I said yes yes yes!! She wanted me to go with her, but I said no, they wanted her! See, I knew it was going to be a better version of the GTF moment. :D

I've only had 2 hours of sleep last night, 4 hours Saturday, and 3 hours on Friday!

"No, I'm staying home now." and she gave this huge relief look with a big smile. She laid down with me with her arms around my neck - as if she was making sure I wasn't going anywhere! :)

hey Mel! it was tre cool that your interpreter was brought up on stage...i was thinking about you the whole time. was your interpreter a PJ fan? it looked like she really enjoyed the experience once she was up there for a little...i just loved the way she signed "fuckers" correctly...she put a lot of attitude in it...just like ed sings it...she signed it. very cool!

Liam
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    DarkStar wrote:
    hey Mel! it was tre cool that your interpreter was brought up on stage...i was thinking about you the whole time. was your interpreter a PJ fan? it looked like she really enjoyed the experience once she was up there for a little...i just loved the way she signed "fuckers" correctly...she put a lot of attitude in it...just like ed sings it...she signed it. very cool!

Liam

Aw, thank you for thinking of me. :):o

It was VERY nice meeting you in person and thanks for the warm hugs!! :)

I love hugs!!!!

She did a terrific job!!! Oh my god, she nixed "Gone". It was so beautiful hearing Eddie’s voice and watching her sign. *sigh* It's still stuck in my retinas and in my “electronic” ear. ;) *after-shock reaction finally sinks in after the show, sniffles*

She was a casual fan, but she knew who Eddie was and was literally drooling over him!! Hahaha

Unfortunately she only had one week to practice and she was VERY VERY nervous because she said she looked at setlists on the tour and there were too many possible songs. She was bummed out that there weren't a lot of songs on this show’s setlist she could sign or sufficient practice.

But I loosened her up. ;)

It's just that she never had to interpret for a deaf person who is a big fan of the band and expects a lot from her.

After her moment with Eddie, she was in disbelief...shaking and all that!!! hahaha. :)

After hugging her and then I said, "get back in here!!"

She was still shaking and going, "I can't believe it, I can't believe it" and in a state of shock (no shit!!!).

Then I laughed and said firmly: "Get back to work!!"

That got her attention. :D

Fuck, I am really trying to write a review...but it'll take a while. :)

She and Luke (the other interpreter) had a lot of energy and VERY VERY motivated which pleased me!! It was a perfect reflection of the band!!

It was a difficult job for them with only one week of practice...I had to rely on Bobby most of the time. The interpreters also relied on Bobby – they thanked him for saving their lives because they were reading his lips. They were very impressed with how he knew all the words.  I said, of course – that’s how I got into Pearl Jam!! It’s all him!! :D

...but they are definitely on my list for the next tour! I know with more practice, they’ll be awesome!!!

Something tells me Stacy (interpreter) will now be one of our returning pearl jam fans. :D

And she gets to "work" for them through me. Yay!!!!!

Can't wait for next tour....it gets better every time, no matter if it's your first or 100th show.

This was my 10th show - a perfect 10 score!!!!

I'm already feeling sad.... not just because I won't hear/see PJ again, but because I will miss my Jamily (I hated that term, but it's true...how else could you describe the community of PJ fans who care and take care of each other?).

It was truly great seeing old friends and meeting new ones!

Bobby and I both have different friends - but we share the same friends with Jamily. :)
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    This tour is ridicilous. GR sounded Epic, Chicago sounded like it was Epic, as does this. Albany was brilliant as well. Come on guys come to Montreal.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    Motown322Motown322 Posts: 465
    IamMine wrote:
    Aw, thank you for thinking of me. :):o

It was VERY nice meeting you in person and thanks for the warm hugs!! :)

I love hugs!!!!

She did a terrific job!!! Oh my god, she nixed "Gone". It was so beautiful hearing Eddie’s voice and watching her sign. *sigh* It's still stuck in my retinas and in my “electronic” ear. ;) *after-shock reaction finally sinks in after the show, sniffles*

She was a casual fan, but she knew who Eddie was and was literally drooling over him!! Hahaha

Unfortunately she only had one week to practice and she was VERY VERY nervous because she said she looked at setlists on the tour and there were too many possible songs. She was bummed out that there weren't a lot of songs on this show’s setlist she could sign or sufficient practice.

But I loosened her up. ;)

It's just that she never had to interpret for a deaf person who is a big fan of the band and expects a lot from her.

After her moment with Eddie, she was in disbelief...shaking and all that!!! hahaha. :)

After hugging her and then I said, "get back in here!!"

She was still shaking and going, "I can't believe it, I can't believe it" and in a state of shock (no shit!!!).

Then I laughed and said firmly: "Get back to work!!"

That got her attention. :D

Fuck, I am really trying to write a review...but it'll take a while. :)

She and Luke (the other interpreter) had a lot of energy and VERY VERY motivated which pleased me!! It was a perfect reflection of the band!!

It was a difficult job for them with only one week of practice...I had to rely on Bobby most of the time. The interpreters also relied on Bobby – they thanked him for saving their lives because they were reading his lips. They were very impressed with how he knew all the words.  I said, of course – that’s how I got into Pearl Jam!! It’s all him!! :D

...but they are definitely on my list for the next tour! I know with more practice, they’ll be awesome!!!

Something tells me Stacy (interpreter) will now be one of our returning pearl jam fans. :D

And she gets to "work" for them through me. Yay!!!!!

Can't wait for next tour....it gets better every time, no matter if it's your first or 100th show.

This was my 10th show - a perfect 10 score!!!!

I'm already feeling sad.... not just because I won't hear/see PJ again, but because I will miss my Jamily (I hated that term, but it's true...how else could you describe the community of PJ fans who care and take care of each other?).

It was truly great seeing old friends and meeting new ones!

Bobby and I both have different friends - but we share the same friends with Jamily. :)

I was down on the floor, 6th row, right on the end... about 15 feet away from you. You and Bobby were having an absolute blast, and it was so cool watching them sign for you. As soon as Eddie started walking over to that side of the stage I thought, "Holy shit... she's going up on stage!! How fucking cool!!!!!!!!". I *still* think you should've went up there with Stacy. :D

I'm a little bummed myself since that's my last (planned) show for the year... I might have to drag myself out for another few just to cure the withdrawal shakes I've got this morning.
  • Options
    I haven't seen any mentions of Mike playing the stared spangled banner, dude that was kick ass!
  • Options
    PorchPorch Posts: 539
    IamMine wrote:

It'll take me a while..........

me too!!!!! i want to write review but i am still reeling from it all...to quote the foo "too alarming now to talk about..." i still have the warm fuzzy pearl jam buzz... I wore the t shirt i got last night to bed (my own little pj tradition) and woke up with a big ass smile on my face :)
    sometimes you're the boxer...sometimes you're the bag...
  • Options
    snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

COOL!
    i love how its only good if its never been played before. give me a fucking break. i bet unless the 2nd encore was brother, gremmie out of control, strangest tribe, goat and a plush acoustic cover then you'd be dissapointed.
  • Options
    hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    IamMine wrote:

Hey there!!! It was so great meeting you, and I bet your interpreter had the night of her life. Someone needs to get the message to Ed that next time it needs to be YOU up there :D
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
  • Options
    hippiemom wrote:
    Hey there!!! It was so great meeting you, and I bet your interpreter had the night of her life. Someone needs to get the message to Ed that next time it needs to be YOU up there :D

Likewise, Laura! :)

When I thought they meant me, I was a nervouswreck.

I mean, I was about to say, "fuckers, he still stands" when the spotlight came on.

*freezes like a deer*

Huh? Me? Then I went up to where Stacy was and the cameraman shook his head, pointing at her.

Ok, that's fine with me!!! I was too nervous!

So I ran back to my seat. hahaha

So, nah - I'm okay that they didn't ask me to go up on the stage. I was just fine in my seats rocking out. ;)

I'm just glad the band also looks out for different kinds of fans and promoting the awareness of how to communicate with the deaf/hard of hearing people. We do need that type of awareness, especially here in Michigan. It's very bad. VERY bad.

Jesus, Eddie had to do Marlee Matlin's work. :rolleyes:

I don't know that woman personally, but I hate what she stands for.

Ask any deaf person and you will almost always get the same response - rolleyes and psh look.

I asked a deaf teenager last fall -where I was a judge for the Fear Factor for middle/high school deaf/hard of hearing kids - if he knew who Marlee Matlin was?

"Uh..." with a look of trying to remember which movie she was in...and the most recent movie he could acknowledge her was "Children Of A Lesser God."

But he could only response with a question, "That 'God' movie or something?"

Sad...we all wanted her to get the f*k out of her spotlight - the Deaf community is really sick of her and tired of waiting for her support.

Ahh... sorry for hacking this thread.

Please do share your stories!!! Don't let me steal the spotlight - everyone gets a piece!!! :)
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    IamMine and Dark Star, it was great to meet both of you.
    IamMine, when I saw your interpreter go on stage, I was amazed.
    I then saw where you were sitting, from way across the arena, and could see you. I was telling my daughter.."there is a girl from the pit". It was a great moment.

The band was hot!! The version of Alive was jamming!!
    The crowd was hot too. There were times that the crowd was so loud, all we could hear from where we were sitting was the crowd singing. I could see Ed's lips moving, but no sound. The crowd was louder!!
    Eddie seemed drunk towards the end. It was funny to me :)

Anyway, that was the best PJ show I have seen to date.
    My daughter and her bf went and we met them. The people who had the seats next to me moved to a friend's suite so my daughter was able to sit with us. It was her first show.
    I was glad they played enough older songs so she could enjoy it too. She hasn't heard the new album yet.
    God, I love PJ!!!!!!!!
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Awww that all sounds brilliant :)
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    I haven't seen any mentions of Mike playing the stared spangled banner, dude that was kick ass!

and ed busting all the strings on his guitar, and the megaphone spike after comatose??

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• Options
    ' wrote:
    V[ANTIS']and ed busting all the strings on his guitar, and the megaphone spike after comatose??

Well, geez, then spit it out!

I saw the guitar strings break...but not the mic.

Do tell. :)
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    IamMine wrote:
    Well, geez, then spit it out!

I saw the guitar strings break...but not the mic.

Do tell. :)

I thought i did!!

Ed basically took the megaphone he yells the lines 'High above,... I'll break the law,... If it's illegal To be in love,... Leave the hatred,.. On the cross.
    and smashed it on the ground...it broke into afew peaices and a big peice went into the croud.

nothing huge...just so fucking cool

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• Options
    ' wrote:
    V[ANTIS']I thought i did!!

Ed basically took the megaphone he yells the lines 'High above,... I'll break the law,... If it's illegal To be in love,... Leave the hatred,.. On the cross.
    and smashed it on the ground...it broke into afew peaices and a big peice went into the croud.

nothing huge...just so fucking cool

Wow!!!!! I can't believe I did NOT see that.

Luke, the other terp, saw that and told me. "Did you see what Eddie just did??" with a wow look.

There was a stereo box that was blocking my view but I did get to see Eddie breaking his guitar strings, tho. :)

That was a pretty huge thing to witness - the mic thing! :D
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    IamMine wrote:
    Wow!!!!! I can't believe I did NOT see that.

Luke, the other terp, saw that and told me. "Did you see what Eddie just did??" with a wow look.

There was a stereo box that was blocking my view but I did get to see Eddie breaking his guitar strings, tho. :)

That was a pretty huge thing to witness - the mic thing! :D
    I'm surprised you didn't see it. He was using that megaphone to sing thru the mike then he threw it towards where Stone stands. A piece or two broke off and kinda flew up somewhere. It flew right by where you were.
    I didn't see him break his guitar strings??? I also didn't see Mike run into the stands. I was on that side too, not that far from where he ran?? Who knows what I was watching??LOL!
    My bf didn't see all that I didn't see too! We must of been watching something else??
    Save room for dessert!
  • Options
    tkepearljamntkepearljamn Posts: 581
    I was in st louis 2000 (you can see me on touring band during given to fly) when eddie took the sign language girl on stage and i was in detroit the other night. It was funny because ed would turn to the girl and guy that were signing and watch them why he would sing. the girl didn't appear to know the words when eddie brought her up there. in 2000 the girl in st louis was a huge fan and knew all the words. I thought it was funny that she appeared to tell eddie that when he started singing
    07-02-98, 10-11-00, 04-22-03, 04-23-03, 06-09-03, 06-10-03, 06-18-03, 06-21-03, 06-22-03, 10-02-04, 10-03-04, 10-05-04, 05-16-06, 05-17-06, 05-22-06, 06-24-06, 06-29-06
  • Options
    I was in st louis 2000 (you can see me on touring band during given to fly) when eddie took the sign language girl on stage and i was in detroit the other night. It was funny because ed would turn to the girl and guy that were signing and watch them why he would sing. the girl didn't appear to know the words when eddie brought her up there. in 2000 the girl in st louis was a huge fan and knew all the words. I thought it was funny that she appeared to tell eddie that when he started singing

Sorry, the girl in St. Louis did not know the words. lol Do you know ASL?

she used the wrong signs... but I'm NOT bashing her.

Stacy, on the other hand, was VERY VERY nervous!!! I imagine her mind went blank.

I did not see her much on the stage cuz I was on the side and far to see.

All I saw was Eddie asking Stacy about the "fuckers" sign and her showing him the correct sign.

And I saw them dancing. :)

I wish she was a big PJ fan, but who knows after this show, she will!! :)

I also know that if she had more time, she would have been better with remembering the words.

Give her a break - she's YOUNG and who wouldn't be nervous around EDDIE.

:D
    ~Q Magazine

• Options
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    I'm surprised you didn't see it. He was using that megaphone to sing thru the mike then he threw it towards where Stone stands. A piece or two broke off and kinda flew up somewhere. It flew right by where you were.
    I didn't see him break his guitar strings??? I also didn't see Mike run into the stands. I was on that side too, not that far from where he ran?? Who knows what I was watching??LOL!
    My bf didn't see all that I didn't see too! We must of been watching something else??

I missed the Mike action as well! I was surprised to read about it on the board! LOL

I was too busy being in my little ASL world. LOL

Good thing the mic didn't hit me. :D
    ~Q Magazine