Options

Chicago, show #2.. what can I expect???

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I've never been to a second show back-to-back at the same venue. Last nights show appeared to be sold out, but will tonights fill up too, or will it be like half full?.. Will it be mostly die-hards there? And if so, we will probobly be in for a more unusual set-list, right? Maybe a more intimate show?..

Last nights show was crazily intense, but I wouldn't mind if there was a smaller crowd if it meant sitting even closer to the stage with a more intimite show..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,540
    I'd expect it to be about the same. I don't think too many people there last night who were just casual fans wouldn't come back tonight if they had bought tickets for it. Last night's show would have been just want they wanted. I've only seen on back-to-back (Camden '03), and the venue was pretty full for those shows (of course it's Philly).

The 2nd Camden show was a huge letdown with the greatest hits encores. Letdown compared to the 2 night MSG stand and the 3 night Boston stand. I'm hoping we got all the greatest hits out of the way last night, and we'll get the rarities and b-sides that McCready had mentioned in his radio interview. Although Low Light and I'm Open weren't too shabby last night.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    Take the setlist from last night, crumple it up, fart on it, and throw it out the window.

they will play lots of stuff tonight they didn't play last night. will it be the stuff you wanna hear? I don't know. But I'd guess there will be maybe a 50 percent repeat rate.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Songs that will probably be repeated from last night: Life wasted, WWS, Severed Hand, Evenflow, Betterman, Alive, Corduroy. And its more than possible that you can toss Ledbetter, Do the Evolution and several more.

I'm guessing we'll get a few songs off the new album that we didn't hear last night, like Marker in the sand and Inside Job. Maybe a Gone or Army Reserve.

We'll probably get a few more of the standards like Elderly woman. Maybe Not for you.

And then top it off with some of the "rare" stuff that other venues have gotten so far. Why Go, Garden. Maybe a Satans Bed if we're lucky.

As far as the crowd, I'd expect it would be somewhat similar as last night. It definitely won't be Half Full. Get it! Anyways, I'm sure the crowd will rock, and I'm hoping the diehards get rewarded for going to both nights by getting a few crazy tracks.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    Take the setlist from last night, crumple it up, fart on it, and throw it out the window.

they will play lots of stuff tonight they didn't play last night. will it be the stuff you wanna hear? I don't know. But I'd guess there will be maybe a 50 percent repeat rate.

Exactly ... 50% or less, with many of the repeats being new songs and a few warhorses like Alive and Evenflow.
  • Options
    Exactly ... 50% or less, with many of the repeats being new songs and a few warhorses like Alive and Evenflow.
    I have many double show boots, I guess I know what could, could not happen with the setlist.. I'm just hoping Eddie looks at last nights setlist and gives us something completely new.. I will forgive them if they repeat World Wide Suicide and Life Wasted, but how about the rest of "Pearl Jam" and completely new tracks from the rest of their albums. So many great songs to choose from. When I buy both of these shows, I don't want it to be a bunch of repeats.
  • Options
    rebornFixerrebornFixer Posts: 4,917
    I have many double show boots, I guess I know what could, could not happen with the setlist.. I'm just hoping Eddie looks at last nights setlist and gives us something completely new.. I will forgive them if they repeat World Wide Suicide and Life Wasted, but how about the rest of "Pearl Jam" and completely new tracks from the rest of their albums. So many great songs to choose from. When I buy both of these shows, and don't want it to be a bunch of repeats.

Agreed, the fewer the better. Ideally, tonight's show will feature the first three or four from Avocado (repeats), a few new songs not played last night (e.g., Gone, Army reserve) a few of the Ten/Vs. classics (these would probably be repeats), and at least four or five numbers they haven't played yet this tour (In My Tree, Smile, LBC, StBC, insert others here).

They do this, and I buy both shows and consider them a nice set.
  • Options
    Agreed, the fewer the better. Ideally, tonight's show will feature the first three or four from Avocado (repeats), a few new songs not played last night (e.g., Gone, Army reserve) a few of the Ten/Vs. classics (these would probably be repeats), and at least four or five numbers they haven't played yet this tour (In My Tree, Smile, LBC, StBC, insert others here).

They do this, and I buy both shows and consider them a nice set.

I'm thinking Why Go and/or Garden makes an appearance tonight, taking up some of your "Ten" slots.
  • Options
    I'm thinking Why Go and/or Garden makes an appearance tonight, taking up some of your "Ten" slots. Possibly Porch, as well.
    They played Porch last night. :p
  • Options
    They played Porch last night. :p

yup, they sure did. my bad. i'll go edit now :)
  • Options
    For ones not played last night- I'm thinking we're going to hear (in no special order):

Hail Hail
    Why Go
    Garden
    Off He Goes
    Light Years
    Marker in the Sand
    Army Reserve
    Gone
    Inside Job

And yeah- a couple songs not heard yet or for awhile- Brain of J?

My personal request would be some of the Lost Dogs tracks (Hitchhiker? Don't Gimme No Lip? Gremmie out of Control? Unlikely but very cool-)

But to be honest, I'd be happy if the played the same set as last night. It was that good-

See you there again tonight, true believers!
  • Options
    I've never been to a second show back-to-back at the same venue. Last nights show appeared to be sold out, but will tonights fill up too, or will it be like half full?.. Will it be mostly die-hards there? And if so, we will probobly be in for a more unusual set-list, right? Maybe a more intimate show?..

Last nights show was crazily intense, but I wouldn't mind if there was a smaller crowd if it meant sitting even closer to the stage with a more intimite show..
    Last night WAS NOT sold out. Thousands of empties w/ sections tarped off.
    Expect to be "Albany'ed and Toronto'ed"
  • Options
    B_D_BB_D_B Posts: 3

"thousands of empties"???? not quite my friend.
  • Options
    B_D_B wrote:
    "thousands of empties"???? not quite my friend.

this guy does this for every show. sections tarped off, etc, etc. I don't know why that gives him such a woody to do.

At the show last night, there were several hundred people sitting BEHIND the stage. They wouldn't have sold those seats if the rest of the venue wasn't sold out.

He is right about one thing ... expect to be Albany'ed and Toronto'ed ... if by that he means a completely different set from last night :)
  • Options
    It was almost totally packed-
    There were some seats on the 3rd level above the stage covered, (close to a hundred?), but other than that it was very full and very loud-
    Much fuller and louder (and better) than '03-
  • Options
    Were you there? It was a full house. I though about your stupid thread the other day and looked around to confirn this. the four or five empty seats were just people taking a piss break.

Here's a picture of behind the stage.. http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h100/Ryandg5/Picture022.jpg

Those few seats in the corner were the ONLY seats without people in them.. the rest of the place was jam packed!

EDIT: here's another picture.. http://www.restlesssoul.net/images/United%20Center%201/IMG_0263.JPG

looks pretty full to me. It was like that all the way around..